ghaw2007's Lyrics

• Members

Brown 

Verse 1:  Brown is the colour of my skin / Soft and smooth from head to toe / Brown is rich and creamy / Full of life in its essence / It comes in a multitude of shades / Ranging from light to dark / No other colour comes close / To eclipsing its power / There's a hidden curiosity / It's frequently unspoken / But when discussion begins / Raised eyebrows and open mouths soon follow / Brown's lure is insatiable / It'll bring you to the point of no return

Verse 2:  Brown are the colour of my eyes / Deep and mysterious / Brown is rich and golden / At the centre of attention / There's an ancient affirmation / It's appearance is youthful looking / Brown's lure is insatiable / You'll want to have every part of it / Once you gain experience / Things will never be the same

Chorus 1:  Brown's capabilities are far-reaching and long lasting / Its richness is undeniable / Complex to the core / Brown's vibrancy shines right through / Its richness is captivating / Sensual to the core / Brown's vibrancy shines right through / I love brown, I love myself

Chorus 2:  Brown's capabilities are far-reaching and long lasting / Its richness is undeniable / Complex to the core / Brown's vibrancy shines right through / Its richness is captivating / Sensual to the core / Brown's vibrancy shines right through / I love brown, I love myself / It encompasses pure beauty / I love brown more than anything else / Oh, what a feeling

Written by B. (Monday, September 5, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dangerous Touch

Verse 1:  Snakes slither across the ground / And she is certainly one of them / If you think that minding your business / Is going to keep you safe from her / You are sadly mistaken / Being on high alert is imperative / It could be the key to your survival / But with her around, nothing is guaranteed

Verse 2:  Looks can be deceiving / You cannot trust anything she does / If you think that running away / Is going to keep you safe from her / You are foolishly mistaken / Looking over your shoulder should be second nature / It could be the key to your survival / But with her around, nothing is guaranteed

Bridge 1:  Her fangs are sharp and long / She won't hesitate to eat you alive / Her insatiable hunger is rarely defeated

Bridge 2:  Her hissing is quietly frightening / She won't hesitate to eat you alive / Her unsatisfied desire is difficult to combat

Bridge 3:  Her eyes are dark and wide / She won't hesitate to eat you alive / Her poisonous behaviour is unalterable

Chorus:  She is so hot but has a dangerous touch / She really hates you / But will tell you she loves you very much / She will manipulate any situation to her advantage / Make sure she never gets a hold on you

Written by B. (Thursday, April 29, 2004) Copyright 2004

• Members

Born To Be Blue

Verse 1:  Happiness is fiction / When all you've known is sadness / Smiling is possible / Only when it's forced / Laughter is poisonous / When you're subjected to ridicule / It's the only thing you hear / As you replay it in your mind

Verse 2:  Love is over-rated / When you're indifferent to it / Joy is just another word / When it's not felt / There's no such thing as kindness / When you want something in return / Promises do not exist / When lying is the norm

Bridge:  This is not a dream / It's as real as it gets / You feel low each and every day / Pain is the only thing you've known

Chorus 1:  You were born to be blue / A state of mind that is permanent / You were born to be blue / A way of life that is unchanging / Born to be blue

Chorus 2:  You were born to be blue / A state of mind that is permanent / You were born to be blue / A way of life that is unchanging / You were born to be blue / You had no say in the matter / You were born to be blue / It's the only thing you know how to do / You were born to be blue / I feel like I am just like you / I, too, am blue

Written by B. (Sunday, December 11, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

We Want Freedom

Verse 1:  We want freedom / We're tired of being oppressed / And we won't stop until we achieve it / This war, oh this war, is killing us daily / And soon enough we will cease to exist / We're no longer afraid of speaking our minds / Years of silence have done us no good / Propaganda will not deter us / We've formed an army of resistance

Verse 2:  We want a future / Dictated by our needs and by our wants / We're tired of being slaves / This illusion, oh this illusion, is undermining our potential / And soon enough we will cease to think / We're no longer afraid of standing up for ourselves / Years of inaction have led to regression / Obstacles and challenges will not deter us / We've formed a union of truth-seekers

Verse 3:  We started a movement / The cause is just and moral / It will spread like a wildfire / This life, oh this life, is a gift for us to cherish / And soon enough we won't take it for granted / We're no longer afraid of being imperfect / Years of trying not to be have left us with nothing / Sins and misdemeanors will not deter us / We've formed a bond with the Almighty

Chorus 1:  We have been down but we're far from out / We have been low with no place to go / After all the fear-mongering and control / We want freedom

Chorus 2:  We have been down but we're far from out / We have been low with no place to go / After all the madness and intimidation / We want freedom

Written by B. (Thursday, July 22, 2004) Copyright 2004

• Members

I Can Hear You

Verse 1:  We all learn how to crawl / And eventually we learn how to walk / Before we head out into the world / And build a life for ourselves / You're having difficulties walking on your own / And when you fall / No one's there to reach out a hand / For you to get back up / Using the strength that you have / Won't be enough to get off the ground

Verse 2:  We all learn how to make sounds / And eventually we learn how to speak / Before we head out into the world / And build a life for ourselves / When you feel trapped / No one's willing to comfort you / To calm your fears

Verse 3:  We all learn how to take commands / And eventually we learn to make a stand / For all that is important to us / You mean the world to me

Bridge:  To affirm is to agree it's true / And when you scream, I feel it too / I can hear you

Chorus:  I can hear you / Feel free to tell me what you need / My undivided attention is yours for the taking / If you need to express yourself / I'll be the witness by your side / If you call and no one answers / Know that I can hear you

Written by B. (Monday, December 12, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Hello Hum

Verse 1:  Hello hum / Let the rain wash away the pain / You've been working all day / You've been sweating all night / And now you're tired / Every tree has been breathing for you / The ground has remained steady / Rocks haven't been thrown / And the doctor tells you / That you must drink clean water to be well-hydrated / You should listen to him / Even though he's paid to make people sick / He's created poison, he's interfered with wellness / But don't blindly reject everything prescribed by him

Verse 2:  Hello hum / You don't have to discuss feminism / It's worked against you, it's battled with you / And now you're frail / You don't need to jump on wagons constructed by others / To follow plans by masterminds / To engage with criminal minds / Get off the roller coasters and open your eyes / You're the greatest prize / Who's been taught to despise all that you are

Verse 3:  Hello hum / Sometimes you just need to hush / If your mouth is always open  / You'll eventually catch flies / What you say will be plastered on the web / And the web will weave tales / That are against your creed / Every syllable will be de-constructed and repackaged for judgement / They'll cover you with labels and base everything on perception / What you put out won't be well-received / It won't be encouraged

Chorus:  You're a big dude / Stop behaving like a puppet / It's time to cut the white strings with big black scissors / Shed what's artificial and say hello to yourself / Be the unforgettable fire that could never be put out / Hello hum

Outro:  Hello hum (8x; whisper) 

Written by B. (Sunday, September 25, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Legacy

Verse 1:  That well over there is dry as rock / You ain't gonna get no water / Come over to me, I'll give you some water / No strings attached, I promise / It's hard to believe in almost anything / When the world is constantly changing / I thought I know some things, including myself / But I'm just as confused as most people / Help is something we all need / Is something we all crave / Just once in a while / We need to be lifted up / If you showcase your kindness and generosity/ You'll be rewarded in so many great ways

Verse 2:  Occasionally, we engage in comparison / We want to know how we measure up / If we lack confidence, then our growth is stunted / Limited progress becomes the norm / We dream about heroes / To come and rescue us / From the destruction of the world / Instead of realizing our contributions / And wanting to solve our own problems / Help is something we all need / Is something we all crave / Just once in a while / We need to be lifted up / If you showcase your creativity and intelligence / You'll be rewarded in so many great ways

Chorus 1:  Love, hate and life / And everything under the sun / Love, hate and life / Do you want to leave a legacy? / And what will that legacy be?

Chorus 2:  Love, hate and life / And everything else in between / Love, hate and life / Do you want to leave a legacy? / And what will that legacy be?

Written by B. (Friday, June 6, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Unshackled!

Verse 1:  I don't know your name / I don't know where you're from / I don't even know what you're doing here / When you touch me, you energize me / When I capture your attention, you notice me / Unapologetic sensuality is what you desire in me / You can call me whatever you like / I'd follow you to any place / You're captivatingly mysterious / And you make me want to / Experience everything about you

Verse 2:  If you have secrets, I'd like to know them / Whispers in confidence won't be weaponized / Any story you tell, I'll believe you / If you lean forward, I'll delve into you / Blending of flesh will create a tapestry of inspiration / We'll be able to discover the deepest parts of ourselves / I'll be revitalized when we're unified / I'll absorb you once you're locked inside of me / You're an uncommon wonder and I'm in awe

Verse 3:  Good company is hard to find / I've been lucky enough to meet you / You're a joy, you're a thrill, you're magnetic / I've become acquainted with amusement / I've become acquainted with excitement / Discovering you has colourized my point of view / My blood has been electrified / I'm renewed

Chorus:  What a beautiful distraction you are / When I'm in your presence, nothing else matters / Who can tell what the future holds? / Not you, not I / Fighting time is just not practical / I want to savour every moment of it with you / Let's feel alive / Let's be unshackled from the pressures of society

Written by B. (Monday, June 2, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Believe

Verse 1:  When you approach me / And ask me a question / Don't get jealous by my response / You have your opinions / And you have your judgements / Just don't expose them to me tonight / If you start drama / And create complications / You will be the one / Who others choose to ignore

Verse 2:  Chatters of the insecure kind / Love to create stories / About their views of the world / However limited it may be / If you dwell on their behaviour / And what they perceive / You, too, will have a distorted mentality / A healthy dose of reality / Makes your senses function properly

Bridge:  Your life is yours to explore / People with hateful intentions / Will bang on your door / Believe that you have the ability / To not let them in / Believe that you will love yourself / Even without fanfare

Chorus:  Expression of oneself / Can cause the wagging of tongues / Believe in what you can do for yourself / Emotions, weak and strong alike / Can make you believe in anything

Written by B. (Sunday, June 1, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Simple Pleasures

Verse 1:  Oh, a stranger / A stranger in the night / Venturing into an unfamiliar place / With one thought / Only one thought in his mind / To overcome the dullness of his life / With another stranger / Excitement can be elusive and fleeting / The element of surprise / Can be the beginning of joy / Disappointment is always a possibility / But as the say: Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Verse 2:  Intentions always start with a touch / Sometimes what you see / Encourages you to make a move / With a smile and mutual interests / Talented tongues can be put to good use / Ecstasy can be elusive and fleeting / Descending from a high creates deeper longing / Rejection is always a possibility / But as they say: There is someone for everyone

Bridge 1:  Transform yourself into an adventurer / Reach out and grab onto something new / Hesitation stands in the way of boldness / Reach out and reveal a part of you

Bridge 2:  Make others feel all that you are / Reach out and grab onto something new / Inquisitiveness is a good quality to have / Reach out and express yourself naturally

Bridge 3:  Discover what has been lacking in your life / Reach out and grab onto something new / Time never waits for anyone / Reach out and create new memories

Chorus:  Life is full of simple pleasures / Unexpected and greatly rewarding / Cherish simple pleasures / The fragility of passion surrounds

Written by B. (Sunday, May 25, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Breaking News

Verse 1:  They tried to put you on the six o'clock stories / But you protested and others helped you / They scrambled to invent new lies / Others will believe them in time / Others will believe them in time / Whatever is trending / Whatever's gone viral / Will be shown repeatedly to all / The owners and the directors will decide / Every thing that's placed in front of your eyes / Every thing that's placed in front of your eyes

Verse 2:  A platter of issues they want you to digest / Open your hearts and minds and wallets / If you're hungry to be told what you want to hear / Then the alphabet soup is comfort food / Then the alphabet soup is comfort food / Old is new and new is old / Being well-informed is as important as gold / Narratives are crafted and sold / Debate rages on about what we're being told / Debate rages on about what we're being told

Bridge 1:  Your fancy degrees and your coiffed hair / Will get you closer to being a millionaire / Read the Teleprompter and convince us / That what you say is what you believe / That what you say is what you believe

Bridge 2:  Your fancy degrees and your high heeled shoes / Will get you closer to being an icon / Gather the information and convince us / That what you report on is what you believe / That what you report on is what you believe

Chorus:  Ripped to shreds / Hot off the presses / Twizzler effect / Breaking news / Live and exclusively mainstream / Musical chairs and glorified cheerleaders / Sheeplelism and talking heads / Breaking news

Written by B. (Thursday, June 26, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

The Kick Inside

Verse 1:  Beginning of something / Delicate and slowly growing / New and original / Continuing the cycle / Precious and always forming / Commonplace and popular / Enjoying a moment / Beautiful and always real / With yourself or someone else / Dreaming wide awake / Different and slowly growing / Confident and optimistic

Verse 2:  Upside down, right side up / Counter-clockwise, counter-culture / Lemons out of lemonade / Breakdown, build up / Love and hate and indifference / Everything old is new again / Eyes wide shut, open-minded / Uncommon, extraordinary / Always hiding in plain sight / Alone, not lonely / Over, under, swinging around / Pushing past many limits

Verse 3:  Half-empty, half-full / Perception versus reality / Complexities of life / Winning when losing / Matters of perspective / Who you are and what you won't do

Chorus:  The kick inside / Moments which keep us alive / As the world keeps on turning / As time marches on / As the sun rises and as the sun sets / The kick inside will keep us alive

Written by B. (Tuesday, July 15, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Weightlifting

Verse 1:  This isn't the land of milk and honey / Almost everyone is struggling just to survive / They'd be lucky if they thrived / Never full and always wanting more / Picking up crumbs off the dirty floor / Being germ-free is a luxury

Verse 2:  When your greatest enemy is yourself / You need all the help that you can get / Attaining peace of mind is always challenging / There's an imbalance between mind and heart / Conflicting emotions can rip you apart / What you feel is not how you should be / You can't decide if you should run and hide / It may be better to go along for the ride / Your highest highs could overshadow your lowest lows / Playing games is juvenile, you have to be mature / Addressing complexities can make you more confused / Your soul is something you wish you could control

Chorus 1:  It's difficult to come to terms with your reality / Weightlifting is a skill you become familiar with

Chorus 2:  You develop numbness through your experiences / Weightlifting is a skill you become familiar with / Energy is fleeting just like happiness / Every ounce of it is as precious as clean water / Sometimes you're so tried, you would rather quit / Than continue to deal with pain and misery / Ending it all is more than a dream / You can persevere if you can concentrate / On creating a relationship with yourself / And by strengthening your soul

Chorus 3:  It's difficult to overcome challenges on your own / Weightlifting is a skill you become familiar with

Written by B. (Thursday, July 10, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Lover Come Back

At first sight, you were curious about me / You were unsure if I was sane or crazy

Some say that I am bold / Others just point and stare / I'm comfortable in my own skin and I'm adventurous / What you saw appealed to you / And you acted accordingly

We spoke the same language / I got the message loud and clear / No games, no hesitation / You started the conversation / After exchanging a few words, it was quite evident / That I was more interesting than I appeared to be

We talked about our careers / We talked about our interests / And the dreaded subject of family / We're navigating through this chaotic world / But we take the time to enjoy simple pleasures

As I'm sitting down right next to you / You firmly grab a hold of me and squeeze / The instant connection we formed / Didn't dissipate throughout the night

You wanted me to follow you after you left / I don't like to gossip / And when others do, I pay no attention / Let me go with you

You lit up a cigarette even knowing it's bad for your health / You said "I can stop. I can quit." / As you inserted another one in your mouth / You could have kissed me instead / Why didn't you?

We generated extreme heat on a humid night / I wish we had more time / To experience more of each other / Time is rarely on our side

At first glance, you were curious about me / Lover, come back

Written by B. (Saturday, July 5, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Take Me To The Disco

Verse 1:  Loosen up naturally / Like me that way / Glad about it / Sweet and simple / Everyone deserves music / Music for your neighbourhood / Something old, something new / Lights and shadows / Nude dimensions / Moving cities / East to west and back again / Friends and lovers / Love and dancing / So good together / Dreams of passion

Verse 2:  Shockwave of kisses / Wrapped in rainbows / How sweet the sound / Simply delicious / Bodies that matter / Shake it all about / Foggy highway / The moon and Antarctica

Bridge:  Only the good parts / Moment to moment / On wings of a dove / Beyond a dream / It's getting better / Across a crowded room / Finally alone with you

Chorus:  Take me to the disco / The night is calling for me / I'm tired of being stuck in the suburbs / All things bright and beautiful appeal to me / I want to travel the world / Through dance and sensation / Take me to the disco

Written by B. (Wednesday, July 30, 2014) Copyright 2014