ghaw2007's Lyrics

• Members

Pride
Verse 1:  I don't wanna go where you wanna go / Leave me alone - I'll do things on my own / You haven't got a clue about what I think and know / You've foolishly convinced yourself that you do / A self-appointed monarch with fictional power / Your fake reign may last for endless hours / I've got a crown of my own / Which I've built and will wear proudly
Verse 2:  Far from being wise and out of touch / Your fantasy mode is limitless / Another world - a world of your making / Will eventually crumble to the ground / I'll be far away from your madness / Your self-destruction won't impact me / I've got an armour of my own / Which I've built and will wear proudly
Verse 3:  I was once confused about who I was / And I acted carelessly in the process / Ignorance was the predominant state of mind / My views on reality were compromised / I believed in lies, was easily manipulated / Essentially, I was a robot / My thoughts and emotions were artificially implanted / And were, ultimately, used to control me / I've shed the old skin that I was living in / The new one which I display is worn proudly
Chorus:  Inside my bones, inside my heart / Every breath I take is full of pride / Everything I see, all that which I experience / Is full of p-r-i-d-e
Written by B. (Sunday, July 26, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

C**t

Verse 1:  Am I a sum total of my conquered genes? / Am I a reflection of tortured bones? / Am I a member of a defective collective? / Quiet by nature / Not prone to gossip or soft, empty words / But if provocation occurs / I'll surely erupt like a volcano / You've been put on notice

Verse 2:  Am I distractingly insecure? / Or just commonly cowardly? / Am I inherently selfish? Or just oblivious to foreign affairs? / Hustler by nature / But if someone offers their finances / I'll accept their generosity

Verse 3:  Am I eternally infected with grudges? / Am I naturally threatening? / Am I afflicted with double consciousness? / Inquisitive by nature / Constantly assessing my status in this world / Putting things into perspective is transformative

Chorus 1:  Hate, indifference / C**t / Inferior, narcissistic / C**t / Dominant, reactive / C**t / Broken, worthy / C**t

Chorus 2:  Malicious, insignificant / C**t / Vulnerable, defensive / C**t / Stubborn, acquiescent / C**t / Directionless, resilient / C**t

Chorus 3:  Deceitful, underestimated / C**t / Naive, unrefined / C**t / Defiant, unpopular / C**t / Difficult, unapathetic / C**t

Written by B. (Tuesday, June 3, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Adore

Verse 1:  It's you that I adore / You have stolen my heart / You're a woman, I'm a machine / Let's create our own country / I'm all for you / My life is on display / Head above water / You're living all over me

Verse 2:  We are gathered here / In a life less ordinary / Everything is unshattered / Let's have breakfast on Pluto / My better self is given to you / Open wide / I'll be your new favourite band

Verse 3:  Storms of life won't cause me / To retreat and seek shelter / People of the world can't ever destroy our system / We're a carnival of mystery / As we develop our history / We transplant ourselves into many galaxies / I'll adore you today, tomorrow, and forever

Chorus:  Bodies we've buried / Between the broken lines / Scars we share / While the paint dries / We'll take one day at a time / Shadows fall / Naked once more / Taller in more ways / We are scientists who don't go shopping / I adore you - You're speaking my language / I'm walking on golden road / As I adore you

Written by B. (Sunday, August 31, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

The Man That Got Away

Verse 1:  You call yourself a man but you're logically challenged / You get emotional by flying off the handle / Words are unmeasured and actions aren't deliberate / This is who you are organically / You can't change but you can modify / You call yourself a man but you cause ears to burn / Verbal interactions mostly add fuel to the fire / Words are unmeasured and actions aren't deliberate / You're naturally inclined to act this way / Your DNA has changed

Verse 2:  You call yourself a man but you're fantastically out of mind / Understatedness is something you're unfamiliar with / Words are unmeasured and actions aren't deliberate / This is how you behave but you don't have to act this way / You call yourself a man but you're internally oblivious / Society knows more about you than you know of yourself / Words are unmeasured and actions aren't deliberate / This is why you'll be conditioned without formidable opposition

Verse 3:  I am a man because I have fortitude / Fearlessness is what I've incorporated / Words are measured and actions are deliberate / This is how I've been since becoming reborn

Bridge:  Learning is nothing more than a change in behaviour / Being in accordance with high standards builds character / A dignified way of life is the best defence against strife / The pursuit of excellence will propel you to greater heights

Chorus 1:  I once was tread upon / I was taken advantage of / I restored myself by reclaiming my power

Chorus 2:  I once was abused / I was mistreated and disrespected / I transformed myself by being the man that got away

Written by B. (Wednesday, July 23, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

Oceans Will Rise

Verse 1:  C*** multiplication overload / Surrounded by countless worthless souls / The worst position to be in is the middle / Some days I'm lifted up to taste the sun / But I'm usually dragged through meaningless storms / Headaches and heartaches are sometimes intolerable / And when I get that unspeakable urge / I convince myself to breathe / Through deep breathing, I'm reattached to my senses / Consciousness is my weapon of choice / In dealing with all matters real and true

Verse 2:  Retro abilities with no desire for conformity / Vintage in undisposable ways / And on a quest for high quality / Navigating through trends and demands / While desperately trying not to fall apart / All I've got is within me / Still, I cling to things which are beyond my reach

Verse 3:  The future is here and now / It requires a lot of attention / If I have enough guts and discipline / I'll partake in its rewards / But if I procrastinate / And immerse myself in popular ways / I'll constantly be running a race / To which I'll never be able to finish

Chorus:  Oceans will rise / When every colour in my life reveals itself / I'll only have one choice to make / Prosperity or death / Oceans will rise / When every idea of mine collides with facts / I'll have to adjust myself / So that I may fit in with the truth

Written by B. (Tuesday, March 29, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Out of Time

Verse 1:  Hide your husbands, hide your boyfriends / I'm coming for them / They've reached the age of maturity / And now they'll be used and abused / Subjected to harsh treatments / Treated worse than dogs / Rites of passages are common / And this particular one is a favourite of mine / Through their loss and through their pain / I'll gain everything that's been promised to me

Verse 2:  When you control nothing / Everything will eventually work against you / Inflation and technology are never to blame / For that, you'll have to use a mirror / Your inheritances have been squandered / And your sole objective is to hide from competitors / The dreams of your country haven't been realized / You took your eyes off the prize / But still you complain / You are confused despite what most people may say / Whose life is it anyway? / It's yours and you've ruined it

Verse 3:  Children gather around for your daily dose of madness and misery / You'll have to fend for yourselves / In a world that's been described as being unforgiving / They preach that education will be your saving grace / But it's just another religion / The only thing your elders can do for you / Is pat you on the head and feed you fairy-tales

Chorus:  When you're out of breath / You won't be immune to the effects of time and space / Only fools reject the inevitable / Every road has been marched on / And now you're out of time

Written by B. (Tuesday, December 15, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

We'll Laugh Again

Verse 1:  You and I were two peas in a pod / Like white on rice / There was no me without you / And vice versa / You and I were inseparable / Always at each other's side / Lending a helping hand / And smiling along the way / Sometimes time would stand still / Occasionally, it zoomed right by / The ongoings of daily life / Preoccupied our hearts and minds / Even though I miss the times we spent together / I sense that we'll become reacquainted / And we'll laugh again
Verse 2:  My heart beats / Because you gave me a piece of yours / I've learned how to forgive / And how to love completely / Even though I miss the conversations we had / I sense that we'll soon talk for hours on end / And we'll laugh again
Chorus 1:  We'll laugh again / With comedians that are actually funny / We'll laugh again / At pictures taken ten and fifteen years ago / We'll laugh again / About the awkwardness we both felt / When we first met / We'll laugh again
Chorus 2:  We'll laugh again / With comedians that are actually funny / We'll laugh again / At pictures taken ten and fifteen years ago / We'll laugh again / About the awkwardness we both felt / When we first met / We'll laugh again (2x) / With comedians that are actually funny / We'll laugh again (2x) / At pictures taken ten and fifteen years ago / We'll laugh again (2x) / With all the ones we adore and cherish / We'll laugh again (2x) / About the awkwardness we both felt / When we first met / Because we'll always be there for each other / No matter where we are / We'll laugh again
Written by B. (December 13, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

King of America

Verse 1:  I’m all in favour of a dictatorship / Only if I’m the dictator / I’m all in favour of eroding rights / Only if mine are maintained / All citizens shall bow down before me / Dissenters will be punished / To the fullest extent of the law / This land is mine / And you’ll do as I say / Live by my rules or you’ll dearly pay

Verse 2:  I’m all in favour of a shadow government / Only if I’m at the head of it / I’m all in favour of importing drugs / Only if I profit from them / All citizens are below me / My throne is mightier than their treasonous thoughts / I’ll spy with my all seeing eye / On those who show resistance / And turn them into sheeple

Bridge:  In me you shall trust / For I am the King of America / Death, captivity, and misery / Are what you’ll get from me / In me you shall trust / For I am the King of America / Death, captivity, and misery / Are what you’ll get from me

Chorus:  The Richard Lawrences / And Squeaky Frommes of this world / Will not force me into a fraternity / Of those who have came before me / And were too weak to hold onto their power / The J. Hinckley Jrs. and F.M. Durans of the world / Will never be allowed to overthrow me / As King of America there’s security / In knowing that I’ll reign / For as long as I choose to

Written by B. (Monday, March 27, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Get In Where You Fit In

Verse 1:  Get in where you fit in / Get out where you don’t / Find the place which you love most / And watch yourself grow / Walk right in / Keep complications out / But don’t hesitate to speak your mind / And to stand your ground

Verse 2:  Keep optimism high / And your worries low / Find something that nurtures your soul / And watch yourself grow / Rise up to proclaim truth / Dig deep to reveal personality / And watch yourself grow

Verse 3:  Think about the future / But don’t forget your past / Living day in and day out / Can make you feel / Like you’re not alive / Listen to your body / And watch yourself grow

Chorus 1:  Watch yourself grow / Get in where you fit in

Chorus 2:  Get in where you fit in / And stay there / Watch yourself grow

Written by B. (Tuesday, December 27, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

The Fiction We Live

Verse 1:  He has charm, he has wit / He has die-hard looks / All the girls want to be with him / All the guys envy him / His father is pulling his strings / He's not sure how to break free

Verse 2:  She has style, she has grace / She is thoughtful, she is pleasant / All the guys want to be with her / All the girls envy her / Her mother is intimidating / She's not sure how to stand her ground

Verse 3:  They have beliefs, they have intuition / They have been placed on a pedestal / All the girls scream out their names / All the guys are embarrassed / Their country is losing its soul / They're not sure how to reverse the trend

Bridge 1:  Truth is difficult to define / Objectivity takes some time / Judgement is made without thought / Many battles have yet to be fought

Bridge 2:  Lies are difficult to define / Subjectivity does not waste time / Decisions are made by reasoning / There are more options than we realize
Bridge 3:  Life is difficult to define / Unfortunately, there's not enough time / Emotions are suppressed / Exhaustion slowly takes hold

Bridge 4:  Death is difficult to define / It's inevitable, we've been told all the time / Every illness cannot be cured / Surrendering may be wise

Chorus 1:  The fiction we live is fragile / The fiction we live is the antithesis of our wants / The fiction we live identifies what we are not / The fiction we live is seen through our actions / Will the truth ever set us free?

Chorus 2: The fiction we live is fragile / The fiction we live is the antithesis of our wants / The fiction we live identifies what we are not / The fiction we live is seen through our emotions / Will the truth ever set us free? / Will the lies ever swallow us whole? / Will life ever be where we are? / Will death ever be out of sight?

Written by B. (2004) Copyright 2004

• Members

I Will Bear Witness

Verse 1:  If I'm despondent / Then I will know / That I should become involved in my life / Staring blankly into space / Will not get me to a better place / Action is stronger than will / When I'm indifferent to my well-being / Self-love will be my number one priority / Not wanting to wake up / Each time I go to sleep / Will only make me become moodier / Negativity is destructive

Verse 2:  If anger is building up inside of me / I will let it out creatively / Rage is a counter-productive force / Eventually it leads to remorse

Bridge:  Affirmation is part of honesty / Bravery is confronting scarcity / Detachment yearns for a bond / Understanding eliminates confusion / Revelation seizes attention / Maturity equates to growth

Chorus 1:  I was born with sight / But was blind to the essence of me / I will bear witness / To all things which form my identity

Chorus 2:  I was born with sight / But was blind to reality around me / I will bear witness / To all things which form my identity

Chorus 3:  Born with sight is being fortunate / A lack of vision leads to blindness / I will bear witness / To all things which form my identity

Written by B. (Sunday, September 4, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Unbearable

Verse 1:  You don't know what I want / You don't know what I need / You think you do / You don't know how I feel / You don't know how I live / You think you do / You don't know what my goals are / You don't know what I aspire to be / You think you do / You don't know what I think / You don't know what's important to me / You think you do

Verse 2:  Erasing you from my mind is what I'd like to do / Sometimes forgetfulness is good / The damage you have caused / Has affected me to the core / I'm not as whole as I'd like to be / Mental progression has slowed itself down / But I'm determined to have a new state of mind

Bridge:  Confusion collides with hate / Psychological pain is all that remains / Efforts to correct the situation / Could take upwards of a lifetime / We all twist and turn / Many become unable to learn from their circumstances / They say "The past is the past" / Even though it molds our future

Chorus:  It's unfortunate to be the object of your attention / There's a sickness in you / Even if you disagree with that / Bombs go off wherever you are / I don't want to be a casualty of your emotionalism / Life is difficult to navigate / With you in it, it's unbearable

Written by B. (Tuesday, May 6, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Members

This Is Love, This Is Murderous

Verse 1:  This is love, this is murderous / The best thing that could ever happen / At the worst possible time / This is pure and genuine / Conquering anything, forsaking others / While regret begins to grow / Hearts and souls uniting / In a world divided by hate

Verse 2:  This is love, this is murderous / Sweet sensations colliding with the bitter aftermath / All involved will sustain injuries / This is a blessing from on high / This is a curse from way down below / Good versus evil takes center stage / Minds and spirits uniting / In a world divided by fear

Bridge:  Trading in every possession / For a lifetime filled with happiness / Is worth far more than silver and gold / This is whole and never-ending / Patching up all the broken pieces / Only to have them scattered around

Chorus 1:  This is love, this is murderous / Unpredictability / Sunshine and blue skies / On a perfect summer day / This is love, this is murderous / Volatility / Riding on highs and sinking on lows / On a horrible winter day / Reality overpowers fantasy / This is love, this is murderous

Chorus 2:  This is love, this is murderous / Unpredictability / This is love, this murderous / Volatility / This is love, this is murderous / Set me free, lock me up / This is love, this is murderous

Written by B. (Friday, December 9, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Little Barrie

Verse 1:  You're growing a bit bigger / But not big enough / To cause me to rush into your domain / I see where you're at / But I don't know for sure / If that's the place where I want to be / Soon enough I'll have to decide / On what I want my future to be / I can't let indecisiveness get the best of me / I know that there are no guarantees / And that's the way it's supposed to be / Leaps of faith can change one's life for the better / I shouldn't discount the power of timing

Verse 2:  Sometimes I feel like I am drowning / And when I try to come up for air / I sink a little deeper into my mind / Where thoughts run rampant / And chaos is the norm / It's perpetually in a mental storm / But with your help, I may have a chance / To finally breakaway free / And become the person I've longed to be / For many years it was just a dream / Now it's a possibility

Bridge:  Miles of land separate us / A common goal could unite us / If I were made of bricks / I'd stand firm on my own / But I'm just a man looking for a place to call home

Chorus 1:  Little Barrie / With your minimal strength / And your small size / In the centre of confusion / What can you do for me / That I can't do on my own? / Where will you take me / That I haven't been before? / I've heard some things about you / That I'm not quite sure are true / You could be what I need / So I'll take a chance on you

Chorus 2:  Little Barrie  / With your minimal strength / And your small size / In the centre of confusion / I've heard some things about you / That I'm not quite sure are true / You could be what I need / So I'll take a chance on you / And if I become very attached / I could fall in love with you

Written by B. (Wednesday, January 23, 2008) Copyright 2008

• Members

Chosen

Verse 1:  I've never seen them cry / I don't know why / I've never heard them yell / As far as I can tell / Expression of inwardness was concealed / Feelings were never revealed / Functionally impaired / Conversationally scared / Parental reluctance was evident / There was no interest between father and son / Ingrainment in ways of life was generational  / Comprehension of adult matters was non-existant

Verse 2:  I hated being at the school / So he made me feel privileged / I follow him down a long corridor / Enter the room / Lay on an unmade bed / He tells me to remove my clothing / I oblige / He presses his lips against mine / The smell of alcohol is strong / He begins to pleasure himself once he's naked / Tells me what we're doing is sacred / When I see him explode / I become disgusted

Verse 3:  I develop confused priorities / Skillfully, he had broken me / I now must pick myself up / This ghastly cycle is never-ending / I try to suppress the experience of my truncated childhood / Staying busy means I can disengage / Ultimately, this feeling never goes away / I learned secrecy and dishonesty / Now I don't know what will become of me

Chorus:  You realize you are chosen after the fact / You are singled out at first sight / Grooming begins in daylight / But you cross an invisible line / In the dead of night / You don't question unspeakable activities / Being compliant is how you react / A significant amount of confusion is generated / Nothing is as simple as it used to be

Written by B. (Monday, May 5, 2014) Copyright 2014