ghaw2007's Lyrics

• Members

Mouthful of Love

Verse 1:  I remember the days when my body was empty / It was like a broken down refrigerator / Anything placed inside of it would become rotten / I was losing a lot of weight / As a result, I was getting weaker / Getting out of bed was such a struggle / From time to time, I would collapse from dehydration / Since you met me and came into my life / I have been gaining strength / Looking back at myself, I cannot believe that I lived that way

Verse 2:  Your generosity is like breakfast / It provides me with energy / I am able to share with others / And because of that, I realize that many people were just like me / What they needed was a home cooked meal / Whatever they ate was not good enough / And if no one showed that they cared / They would feel more alone

Bridge:  Your compassion is like dinner / It gives me a sense of belonging / I am able to provide empathy / I am able to be more understanding / All the love that you have shown to me / Fuels me up with the desire to live every day / You saved my life, I'm thanking you for that / I will use what I learned to save someone else 

Chorus:  I am chewing on a mouthful of love / It's the best kind I've ever tasted / I was starving for affection / You have satisfied my hunger / I am chewing on a mouthful of love / I never knew it could be this fulfilling / My stomach was always growling / It no longer does because you fed me

Written by B. (Tuesday, April 27, 2004) Copyright 2004

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Different Cars And Trains

Verse 1:  You and I have been travelling / On different cars and different trains / I see your face starring back at me / The look in your eyes says / That you no longer love me / We have drifted apart / We are living separate lives / I don't have the strength to break up with you

Verse 2:  You are a roller-coaster ride / Every time I'm with you I wear a seatbelt / Sometimes you race by me faster than a speeding train / If I knew how to slow you down / I would have done it a long time ago / We have drifted apart / We are in separate worlds / I don't have the strength to let you go

Bridge:  The road that I'm on leads me further away / From the life I want / I'm not sure if I'll ever be free from you

Chorus:  When I turn left / You instantly go right / When I am up / You suddenly drop down / I have tried to meet you wherever you are / But you go places that I'm unfamiliar with

Written by B. (Tuesday, April 27, 2004) Copyright 2004

• Members

Drowning Cupid

Verse 1:  I don't need love / No no no no no / I do not need love / What it gave to me was deep sadness / I don't want kisses / No no no no no / I do not want kisses / It will lead to falling for someone / Just leave me to myself / Yes yes yes yes yes / Being alone is nothing new to me / They'll be no confessions of hearts skipping beats / And no places for lovers to meet / What I do won't be found out by anyone 

Verse 2:  I don't need love / No no no no no / I do not want to experience emotional turmoil again / I don't want sweet nothings / No no no no no / I do not want sweet nothings to be whispered into my ears / To each his own / Yes yes yes yes yes / That is what I believe / I refuse to live by any other standard / Souls uniting are just fantasies / Hoping that it'll happen makes you naïve / I made a promise not to let myself down

Verse 3:  My sense of self was manipulated / Who I tried to be / Was weaker than who I was / My self-respect shrivelled up like burning paper / Slowly I regained strength / I knew that battling forces beyond my control / Would be arduous and time consuming / Reclaiming what's left of me begins with drowning cupid / This will be my sweet victory

Chorus:  I'm drowning cupid / He won't fly / He will no longer shout his harts at me / I'm drowning cupid / He'll be gone / Then I will have peace of mind / Drowning cupid is the only way for me to live

Written by B. (Tuesday, November 8, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Together We're Heavy

Verse 1:  The disconnection between you and I / Has lasted for a while now / Sometimes I can't help but sigh / We went from being strangers to developing a friendship / And when we wanted to be more than that / We became lovers / To me, our time together seemed surreal / I couldn't believe what I felt / A genuine feeling of love for you / That I never thought I was capable of having

Verse 2:  When we disagree, you yell at me / And I turn away from you / It's just nothing new / Conflict arises out of almost everything you and I do / You're acting like a stranger to me / I don't know who you have become / You think I claim to be perfect / Each time I point out your mistakes / I have never said that I'm better than you / If that's the impression you've gotten / You have misunderstood me

Verse 3:  We weren't built to be fortresses / We have emotions and it's no good to hide them / If we just keep to ourselves / Then we're nothing more than robots / I foolishly believed you held the key to my happiness / Because you were enamoured, you opened your heart to me / All you saw was who you thought we could be

Chorus:  Together we're heavy / I can't lift you up anymore / I'm not as strong as I was before / You have brought me down / Together we're heavy / You can no longer carry me / You've told me that you're sorry / I have pulled you apart

Written by B. (Monday, January 24, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Commit This To Memory

Verse 1:  Self-doubt dispenses itself into my brain / The madness created from it / May cause me to go insane / I don’t need a degree in psychology / To come to the realization that you’re no good for me / My heart jumps at the sound of your voice / To change nothing at all is definitely not a choice / To say “I am what I am” is no excuse / For all of the things you have said to me

Verse 2:  My happiness revolves around how you feel / If there isn’t a smile on your face / Then there’s rarely one on mine / I do what I can to hideaway from you / Even if it’s just a temporary solution / My body trembles at the sound of your voice / To change nothing at all is definitely not a choice / To say “This is the way I am” is no excuse / For all of the things you have done to me / To stop you from breaking me down / Is what I must do

Bridge:  Don’t you dare forget how I feel about you / It just may be your last mistake / I’m sure you want to keep living your life / So stay the hell out of mine

Chorus:  Commit this to memory / I dislike you intensely / Commit this to memory / All that you are is toxic to me

Written by B. (Tuesday, November 29, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

The Deeper Wound

Verse 1:  The truth is buried underneath / You’re stepping on it / So get off and dig it out / You will find what you have been looking for / And when you do, you will appreciate it / It has been with you all this time / There is no denying its existence / You must feel lucky to have it / Does that mean you will embrace it? / I have nothing / I have no one to call my own / I feel jealousy towards you

Verse 2:  Sometimes I feel like giving up / But I don’t / Other times I feel like winning / But I won’t / They will tear me down / They will wear me down / I’ll be standing on my own / You have everything / You have someone to call your own / I feel anger towards you

Bridge:  Having your heart broken is sad / Being pierced by an object is bad / But realizing that you have nothing is the deeper wound

Chorus:  I can see you / You’re everywhere, but where am I? / I have searched but I come empty-handed

Written by B. (Sunday, October 19, 2003) Copyright 2003

• Members

Let 'Em Burn

Verse 1:  Do not look at them / Do not talk to them / Do not approach them / Do not listen to them / They bring no good, they will only use you / They're full of destruction, they're full of hate

Verse 2:  They poison the air / They're responsible for the filth on the streets / If you're in contact with them / They will corrupt your mind / They worship evil, they worship all things bad / They're full of greed, they're full of lies

Chorus 1:  Let 'em burn / What happens to them is none of your concern / Go live your life / They have wasted theirs / Don't pity them, show no sympathy / Each of us is given a choice / There's no point in saving them / They chose to die

Chorus 2:  Let 'em burn / Pay no attention to them / Go live your life / If you don't it will pass you by / Don't pity them, show no sympathy / They've shown no remorse / There's no point in saving them

Written by B. (Thursday, May 1, 2003) Copyright 2003

• Members

I Need You Now

Verse 1:  I have looked for you / But you are nowhere to be found / Why did you leave me here alone? / If you hear me, come back home / Where I am is where you belong / I miss your smile and your laugh / The kindness and generosity / That revealed the beauty of your heart / Memories are all I have of you / I will not forget any of them

Verse 2:  Life without you is difficult / There are many problems I can’t solve / Many issues I don’t want to address / In those moments, I long for you the most / I need to be with any part of you / Even your spirit

Chorus 1:  It would be great to be so strong / I could get through the lonely days and sleepless nights / Denying my feelings is not only painful, it’s wrong / I don’t know what tomorrow will bring / It makes me feel uneasy / I’ll never get over you, I don’t know how / You’re the only one who can make me live again / I need you now

Chorus 2:  It would be great to be so strong / I could get through the lonely days and sleepless nights / Denying my feelings is not only painful, it’s wrong / I don’t know what tomorrow will bring / It makes me feel uneasy / I’ll never get over you, I don’t know how / You’re the only one who can make me live again / I need you now / Make me feel alive again / I need you now

Written by B. (Thursday, May 1, 2003) Copyright 2003

• Members

I Only Have Eyes For You

Verse 1:  Things happened quickly in the span of two months / Then they ended abruptly / I had fallen for you during that time / You were everything I was looking for / Intelligent, outgoing and beautiful / We also shared similar interests / Even though we belonged to different generations / We instantly connected / I was opening myself up to you / For a while, you did the same thing too

Verse 2:  When I was seeing you / I knew many aspects of your life / Since you were a child in rural Manitoba / And as a college student in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.A. / When you were laid off from your job / I spent nearly two days with you / Knowing that you needed a friend by your side / And when you just wanted to hang out, I was there / Supplying laughter and a warm smile / So many dinners, quick and delicious / Many memories, joyous and hurtful

Chorus 1:  Oh no, what went wrong? / I thought that we had something going on / Give me a reason to believe / That things will work out in the end between you and I / Oh oh, ooh ooh / I want to be your lover / I only have eyes for you

Chorus 2:  Oh no, what went wrong? / I now feel that you were leading me on / Giving up on you is what I won't do / That is the same way of saying  / I do no want to be with you / Oh oh, but I do / I realized that I fell in love with you / Ooh ooh ooh ooh / Show that you love me too

Written by B. (Thursday, August 11, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Thank You For The Years

Verse 1:  When I was younger / I was shy and quiet / Though I had things to say / I wouldn’t speak my mind / Even if I wasn’t alone / I still felt lonely / All that changed / When you came into my life

Verse 2:  You understood me / When other thought I was confusing / I opened up to you / And you saw my point of view / When I felt like giving up / You convinced me otherwise / The time you spent with me / Truly changed my life

Bridge:  I cherish you / And everything you’ve done for me / I’m forever grateful / For your patience and empathy / You’ve given me the greatest gift of all / Unconditional love / I feel it every time I breathe

Chorus 1:  Thank you for the years / You’ve been by my side / I never could have lasted / This long without your support / My heart overflows with emotions / Both strong and true / I have grown in many ways / All because of the love you gave to me

Chorus 2:  Thank you for the years / You’ve been by my side / I never could have lasted / This long without your support / My heart overflows with emotions / Both strong and true / I have grown in many ways / All because of your love

Chorus 3:  Thank you for the years / You’ve been by my side / I never could have survived / Without your guidance / My heart overflows with emotions / Like they’ve never before / I have grown in many ways / All because of you and your love

Written by B. (Wednesday, December 7, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

With You

Verse 1:  Chilly reply with feeling / Intention was to meet up in a group / But I declined / There was no interest in the other guy / I was unsure by what you had to offer / So I just said "No"

Verse 2:  Second chances are rare but always good / Especially when the outcome is fruitful / I knew just what to expect / But you were better than the thoughts I envisioned

Bridge:  High intensity encounters are great / But experiencing them with you is better / You let me know things / And your thoughts are clear / Thank you for sharing them with me

Chorus 1:  With you I will always say "Yes" / Being next to you / Is where I want to be

Chorus 2:  With you I will always say "Yes" / I am not intimidated by you

Chorus 3:  With you I will always say "Yes" / I will show you who I am  / Appreciate every moment with you / Even when nothing is spoken

Written by B. (Sunday, April 15, 2012) Copyright 2012

• Members

May I Feel

Verse 1:  May I feel your two week old beard with my soft fingers / I remember the sensation that I got from it / May I feel your thin eyebrows which blend into your facial tone / I remember the enjoyment that I got from it / May I feel your semi-bald head / And the hairs that you have left / I remember the thrill that I got from it

Verse 2:  May I feel your well-shaped nose / The top, the point and the sides / I remember the peacefulness that I got from it / May I feel your big ears - the front and the back / I remember the pleasure that I got from it / May I feel my thick lips kissing you passionately / I remember the excitement that I got from it

Verse 3:  May I feel your smooth elbows / Both at the same time / I remember the happiness that I got from it / May I feel your strong thighs and your meaty legs / I remember the warmth that I got from it / May I feel my body being cuddled by yours / I remember the satisfaction that I got from it

Chorus:  Oh, how beautiful you are / It is a shame that you do not realize it / I yearn to be a part of you again / So I hate the fact that I have to ask / "Is it okay for me to touch you?"

Written by B. (Monday, August 15, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Same Time, Next Year

Verse 1:  Couldn't believe the news / When I heard it at first / You left me, you're dating a new friend of mine / What's worst? / I tried to convince myself that it wasn't true / You and I were in the early stages of something new / Hanging out, eating and sleeping at your place / Loved it when I would just stare at your face / Your arms around me at different times of the day / How I miss that, you'll never know / Because I won't say

Verse 2:  More soft spoken is what I am / Holding my head lower is what I do / Signs which indicate your love for me / Are what I search for, are what I think of / More cautious of who I speak to / Acting mute when it's necessary / Solutions that solve some of my dilemmas / Are what I search for, are what I think of / I feel insecure and inadequate in many ways

Verse 3:  The downtown core of the city / Reminds me so much of you / Shorts, bicycles, cell phones and Cadillacs / Now and again, I walk by your apartment building / I look at floor six, wondering what you're up to / How I miss the moments which quickly passed us by / Reminiscing about them will lead me to cry

Chorus 1:  By this time next year / I will be alone / Whenever I was with you / I felt at home / Now I'm riding high on a tidal wave of emotions / Same time, next year / I'll be drowning in the memory of us

Chorus 2:  By this time next year / I will be alone / Whenever I was with you / I felt at home / Now I'm riding high on a tidal wave of emotions / Same time, next year / I'll be drowning in the memory of us / Desperately wanting a sense of clarity / Is what I'll be doing same time, next year

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 17, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Eyes

Verse 1:  I saw you but you looked away from me / I am not blind and neither are you / Then why do I feel like I have poor vision? / Maybe it's because I was blind-sided by reality / You let me into your home / Eventually into your bed / I foolishly believed that I was a part of your life

Verse 2:  Some say that eyes are windows to one's soul / If that is true, then yours are dark and cold / They appeared to be warm and inviting / Now I see them as your tools of deception / I was starting to give you all of me / Instead, you took away what we could have been

Verse 3:  Oh, poor pitiful me / I was taken for a ride, then cast out to sea / You appointed yourself as my master and commander / Directing me through some of my highs and lows / When the waters were still / Moments with you were refreshingly enjoyable / But when the waters rose / Our eyes were at different levels

Chorus:  My eyes saw you as a decent person / As a thoughtful and caring man / I assumed your eyes saw me as an attractive person / As an inquisitive and open minded dude / Now my eyes see you as a shallow person / As a disrespectful and insensitive jerk

Written by B. (Friday, August 5, 2005) Copyright 2005

• Members

Bridges To Nowhere

Verse 1:  When I was younger / My future seemed so bright / That it would light my eyes up / I loved the feeling of anticipation / As I grew older / I couldn't wait until my dreams came true / I lost track of what was important / Repeating my mistakes were common

Verse 2:  I have had a lot of time / To analyze myself and my actions / The conclusion that I came to / Was that I didn't take responsibility for my life / The regret I have is something I can't bear to feel / I'm too ashamed to look at myself in the mirror

Bridge 1:  The pain that I'm feeling is burning inside me / It's taking over me / And I don't know how to put it out

Bridge 2:  I am walking on bridges to nowhere / My feet are the part of my body / That hurt the least / I no longer know where my destination is

Chorus 1:  I am walking on bridges to nowhere / I always thought that I'd be somewhere / Anywhere but here / But I've lost my direction

Chorus 2:  I am walking on bridges to nowhere / I always thought that I'd be somewhere / Anywhere but here / But I've lost my direction / I am a stranger to myself / I have become a lost cause

Written by B. (Wednesday, April 28, 2004) Copyright 2004