Days: March 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've gotta admit, and it makes me sad to say, but I've lost interest

Please register in order to view this content

(in all the soaps)

He's boring now. He wasn't exactly boring on OLTL or GH. So it's a DAYS problem and we want to know what's going on. You don't like him, we get it. Blah blah blah.

I was never as bored out of my mind (not that everything was good or exciting, so to speak), even if I didn't like a lot of it. And ReRon shouldn't surprise anyone. He did the same from OLTL to GH.

+1 no lies here (especially on the wardrobe and wondering why Brady and Rafe are still around)

I can understand being tired of the constant returns of some, it does get a bit old that they're killed off and brought back sixteen thousand times, but they shouldn't be offed to begin with so I often give them a pass when they do that, lol. I'd accept Jack back in a heartbeat and I'll gladly forget he was crushed by an elevator.

I think there are a bunch of characters who should be on the show leading things. Mike, Philip, Shawn, Belle, Carrie, Sarah Horton, Stephanie, Jeremy, Chelsea ... amongst others, should not be off the canvas. I'd also like to see more pop-ins by a few other vets.

But I can kind of agree with the sentiment of stopping relying on these returns so much but there's a LOT of characters I wish were back on the show. lol. But I get it.

I'd like newer people too not connected to every family on the show but they do a terrible job, ten years later, who is Rafe besides a smug douchebag?. Have they REALLY done that great of a job with, say, Gabi (and she's had much better development, but I still lack truly giving a [!@#$%^&*] about her)? Look at Stefan. Except he's, of course, connected to the DiMera's and is not really being developed, IMHO. He's being wasted already, just like many numerous former soap hires. They box characters into a specific role and then seem to struggle when they need to break them out of said role, so the actor is fired and the character's out. It'll happen again. Shoving him into Chabby's orbit right off the bat in the most obvious story ever wasn't smart. I don't care at all that Stefan's obsessed with Abby five seconds after meeting her. I mean .... COME ON.

Ron can do better (and worse). So why does DAYS have such a problem with compelling storylines? I keep blaming budget and episode guarantees and taping schedules. I stand by that. Not that Ron's off the hook, but something seems to be stopping DAYS from ever really taking risks or being bolder or being, well, exciting. There's no momentum. Stories get played two episodes out of the week. There's a lot that needs fixing.

I like Kassie. I don't mind her as Eve. I never saw Charlotte Ross beisdes in clips and old episodes on YouTube and obviously I'd prefer her hands down, would have especially with the JJ affair, but I don't mind Kassie. She gives her all and can act (of course for some, YMMV) so I guess I give it a pass. But do I think she was necessary at the moment? Probably not. I'd have found a different use for her. She can serve a few purposes, but would we want to see Eve go after Justin/Adrienne, who just got out of the Lucas triangle. But then Brady/Eve feels repetitive of some of his relationships so it's hard to give a [!@#$%^&*]. I agree she probably wasn't needed but they could have had her go after Eric instead just to piss Jennifer off. IDK. More things besides being manhandled and thinking it's a big turn on. But as I suggest things, I keep circling around to 'not needed'.

• Members

She's been given literally nothing to do, really. Currently she's scheming against Sonny. Yes, Vivian Alamain is being wasted scheming against Papa Bear Kiriakis. Ridiculous. I'm not watching so I don't know the story particulars but Vivian I guess has hired Greg Rikaart's Leo to go after Sonny or some [!@#$%^&*].

Yep. No wonder Louise was disappointed. Unless they have Abby kill her, which I've been fearing.

• Members

Vivian to Paul: (Staring for a long time at Paul) Well...hello there!

Vivian to Kate: I see you took my advice and found yourself a masseur

Kate to Vivian: He's gay Vivian

Vivian to Kate: Right!!

Please register in order to view this content

That was the best part of the whole week!

• Members

For someone not even watching the show, you sure can be condescending.

Look, I DON’T like Ron’s work at DAYS. If you want to blame production and guarantees and leave Ron off the hook, have at it. I think a decent writer would know what he’s facing at DAYS and deal with it. He’s not new at this.

I enjoy your posts, and you usually have something interesting to add. I guess I’m just not fond of the dismissive: condescending attitude in “You don’t like him, we get it. Blah blah blah.”

While you comment on a show you don’t watch, maybe I can comment about a show i do watch.

Archived