Days: March 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Killed off
2003: The Salem Stalker hits Jack with a brick. Jennifer decides to take him off life support so Jack's organs can be donated. Written by James E. Reilly.
2005: Jack has a rare fatal disease and tries to set Jennifer up with Frankie so she won't be alone when he dies. One night Jack drives his car off a bridge into the river. His body is't found. He appears in Salem a couple of times watching through the windows to see his family moving on. He plans to die alone out of town. In 2006, Jack finds his back from the dead brother Steve, who has amnesia and works at the clinic Jack was staying at. They both return to Salem and Jack is later cured when Frankie googles a cure. Written by James E. Reilly.
2012: After all of the explosions, Abby gets trapped in an elevator. Jack climbs in to save her. He gets her out with the help from Jennifer and Cameron but once Abby is out Jennifer and Cameron let go of the door and Jack falls back into the elevator. The cable snaps and Jack falls to his death. Written by Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell.

Left town
1993: Jack leaves town guilt-ridden because his company had years earlier dumped chemicals in the river that later caused Abby getting Aplastic Anemia. Written by James E. Reilly.
1998: Jack, Jennifer and Abby (played by Steve Wilder and Stephanie Cameron) move to Africa. Written by Sally Sussman Morina.
2006: Jack and Jennifer move to London. Written by James E. Reilly in the credits but according to J&J fans it was written by Beth Milstein. Melissa Reeves decided to leave when her contract was up. TPTB decided to let Matthew Ashford go so Jack and Jennifer could get a happily ever after.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What do you all think the problem is? Ron is not a boring writer. Is it the horrible production values? The dated look? The fact that they won't let him do something more interesting for other reasons? I expected some drastic changes by now, but the show feels more or less like typical Days A(fter).R(eily). 

• Members

well for me, I like drama where main characters have to live with the consequences of their actions, instead of bringing someone back from the dead (again) or bring in another family member from another family member who has never been mentioned. John will have to deal with this, and Marlena can't talk Kayla out of her anger for John, and no matter what Steve says.....I'm waiting for the moment he gets fed up and blast John for making him blind. to me, JMO.....there's alot of drama coming up (depending on how Ron writes this), but i do see your point definitely. 

• Members

Ron’s not a boring writer? Could’ve fooled me. This stuff I’m seeing is wretched, compounded by the horrible production values and dated look. 

RC gets the blame for these stories, no one else. This might not be the worst the show has been, but it’s pretty close.

• Members

I don't think Ron's original OLTL and GH stories were boring and I expected Days to be more exciting, fun and dramatic. And riskier. The show has to stop bringing the same people back all the time and invest in some new, interesting characters. Characters, not just some out of work name actors as uninspired love interests for the usual suspects.

I love Kassie DePaiva, but I don't think she works as Eve, or that Eve is really needed.

Why does Chloe keep coming back all the time? What is so fascinating about her?

The gays are boring and miserable. One of them should be less sugary.

Justin and Adrienne were popular for three years three decades ago. The show has enough retired supercouples from that era. 

I really don't understand why Brady and Rafe are still around. 

Chad doesn't convince me as a DiMera. Not to mention that Chad does not sound DiMera at all. 

Eric and Jennifer look miserable together. 

Oh and please stop the actors from choosing their own clothes. Kate Roberts would not style herself like that. 

Archived