Days: March 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Nothing has come close. I was hoping to get that with Luke and Reid on ATWT but instead we got Reid's death scene.

I am close to giving up Days again if it wasn't for Chandler back in the role as Will.

I can't take anymore of this bad writing and missed opportunities.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luke and Reid were the only reason i watched the last months of ATWT.  That hack had to kill the gruff unapologetically gay Reid. I feel the same way . Most days i fast forward  through the show in record time. The bad writing and cheap sets drive me insane. The halcyon days when soaps were well written and fun are sadly a thing of the past. 

• Members

Yeah, Goutman was on a rampage that final year. He got rid of MB as Lily too. He didn't want to upset the Luke and Noah fans by giving Reid and Luke a happy ending at the end.

I loved how Reid pretty much told Luke that he wasn't all that and to f off if he didn't like his tone.....LOL

• Members

I've never seen Y&R but I already hate the guy playing Sonny's date. He seems all around annoying. Also I wish they would've at least shown him and Sonny together a couple of times, then reveal the Vivian connection, but whatever.

I also hate the Abby story and Stefan is a horrible character. How is the character going to recover from being obsessed with an alter/mentally ill woman? He's disgusting. He's going to fight for "Gabi"

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Apparently there is afterglow. But will we see more than what we saw today?? Who knows.....It's probably the next morning so we won't get much but this.

• Members

Sure wasn't any glow today, so I’m not hopeful about any afterglow. CS is willing to play these scenes romantically, but I don’t think CM is. 

His smile is MUCH too broad, as if he’s in some SNL skit, and the pursed lips kissing is awful. He is not committed to making a gay relationship look real. Those scenes were a mess, and there wasn’t anything sexy or romantic or real about any of it.

Greg Rikaart is a fail in this role. There must be 957 actors who could bring some heat and sex appeal to this part, but I guess none were available.

Freddie Smith was TERRIBLE. He did the SNL skit smile throughout his scenes with GR, as if the whole thing was a joke to him. The dialogue was wretched, and they were dressed like 2 senior citizens who met on MySpace.

• Members

It's been that way for so long

we have periods of decent writing, but it's a lot of wasted time and missed opportunities IMO

I'll keep preaching but you can't tell a story when most of your cast has a 2 episode a week guarantee.

• Members

1984: Stefano happily leaves Tony and Andre in the quicksand. Jasmine shows up and saves Tony and they watch in horror as Andre drowns.*

1995: Tony shoots himself and frames John for it.*

2004: Tony is mauled by a tiger and later injected with a lethal drug by The Salem Stalker aka Marlena.**

2004: John throws a knife in Tony's throat and Tony sets off the explosions on the island.**

2005: Jack shoots Tony, who then falls through a hole several floors as the castle burns to the ground.**

2007: Andre falls from the rooftop at the TV station after taking Hope hostage. He turns off his own life support at the hospital to frame Shawn Sr.***

2009: After a fight with Philip, Tony falls on a sharp piece of wood and is taken to hospital. He later dies of a heart attack when he tries to tell EJ the truth about the baby switch.

2018: Andre's head is bashed in. The murder weapon is said to be a piece of Tony's urn.

* = Retconned in 2002. Stefano apparently saved Andre from the quicksand. But Stefano still hated him for killing Renee so in 1995 Stefano made Andre think he had the same disease as Tony and convinced him kill himself and frame John in Aremid.

** = Retconned in 2007. The man who returned to Salem in 1993 and was sent to prison in 2005 was really Andre. Tony was stranded on an island between 1985 and 2007.

*** = Returned from the dead in 2015. Explanation? "Because I'm a DiMera".

• Members

And to think that we complain about the number of times that Matthew Ashford's Jack has been killed off and then resurrected.  Compared to those numbers for "T'andre," it's practically a love-fest between MA and DAYS.

• Members

4 deaths: James E. Reilly (1995 and 2004.) The deaths on Melaswen (2004) and the castle (2005) were parts of the story. Tony was just presumed dead temporarily. Kinda like Stefano used to get killed alot of times without letting Joe go.

1 death: Sheri Anderson and Thom Racina (1984)

1 death: Hogan Sheffer (2007)

1 death: Dena Higley (2009) Although most of the vets getting fired in early 2009 seemed to have been more about Gary Tomlin than DH.

1 death: Ron Carlivati (2018) Rumored to have been a last minute decision/rewrite.

The only times Thaao exited the show without getting killed off were in 1985, when Tony disappeared on the pier, and in 2005 when he was sent to prison. The 1985 exit was the only time Thaao left by own choice.

Archived