Days: March 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What supercouple? Rafe and Hope have to be one of the dulliest pairings ever. Viewers are saying its Ken Corday that wants this pairing. It must be because they are still together. I will continue to ff all their scenes. Having her son root for Rafe is beyond ridiculous.

Did you see that ugly restaurant set put together from bits and piece of other sets? Where Hope and Shawn discussed Rafe. It sucks that Horita's first date was at the overused HTS. I wish both Paul and Will had nice apartment sets where they could hang out in. Days dresses Will like a teenaged boy from 1960. Who doesn't have any fashion sense. It's a shame that the yummy bartender Jeff is just a minor character. Who will soon disappear. I'll rather see the bartender than Greg Rikaart. I wonder if GR character is some nutty guy Sonny hooks up with through the dating app. Shady Sonny bear stuck with some nutty Queen

• Members

It looked so familiar and I realized it was the hotel room where Rafe slept with Sami.

Yup, I wish they'd built a new set for them. I don't mind Will being dressed young since CM still looks very young but they keep putting him in the same clothes.

Same...I don't know why they didn't make Jeff the date Sonny goes out with only to find out later that Jeff is Will's boyfriend(the one Jeff mentioned). At least Will wouldn't lose either way....LOL. He'd get either Paul or Jeff.....Instead I have a feeling GR character will be Will's ex bf during his time with Susan.

• Members

And yet I see someone of the people in my real life in the gay scene and who they are with complete with nerouses and go *eyeroll* so...clearly there is a type that looks suspiciously like that. So...you never know. 

Please register in order to view this content

Up to last Friday. While I do feel the show has shifted tales...unlike the week before last, it was not jarring at all. In fact, there was a really good flow going on...and I liked that. Makes me wonder who wrote last week's episodes. Even when the main story was not on (which started off with Brady/Eve's non-wedding and turned into the DID story by where I am at), I felt there was...tentacles that touched on the main driving stories (add on to this the Rafe/Hope fallout) which checking in on other B and C plots that connected to one of the three stories. For example...Trip/Ciara and Eli/Rafe talking about the fallout but still dealing mostly with their own stories (Trip/Ciara kiss, Eli and his Lani secret) or Andre's death and if any alter did it while dealing with Viv's worries, Chad v Stefan, Abby starting to get a clue...interesting tie-ing Kayla into this story so she has something to do other than worry about Steve.

Am I making sense? Just naturally flowing from one story into subparts of that story?

• Members

DAYS ramble time... 

I've been catching up on this past month of DAYS while sick this weekend, and here's my thing with Kassie... they don't know how to dress her and her hairdo/color is all jenky. I don't know if it's the way DAYS shoots (perhaps the cameras need to be raised so they're not shooting their establishing shots from the height of the actors' crotches), but they always put their women in these tight dresses that aren't always flattering (and P.S. WHY was Gabi in a beautiful, form-fitting dress with perfect hair and makeup after spending the night in the slammer???) and make them look like stuffed sausages (Melissa Archer was another one). Can't they ever have these women in blouses and pants? 

But back to Kassie... Obviously, she went through a terrible ordeal battling cancer, but her hair color is currently yellow. Not blonde, but yellow (Ali Sweeney made the same mistake back in the late 00's) with dark roots. Quite honestly, with the bad hair, harsh lighting, and ill-fitting dresses, they're making her look older. 

Also, the recent DAYS 2011 repeats on Bravo shows that even though DAYS was filming in high-definition, the show wasn't filmed in 4K (I'm guessing) like it has been the past couple years, making everything too harsh, gritty, and explicit. Not only does it highlight every nook, cranny, and wrinkle of the actors, but it emphasized the cheap, plastic, cardboard fake sets more so than ever. 

That said, the episode leading up to the Hope/Rafe reveal via the starving Claire was classic soap opera, with all the characters in one room, lots of textured dialogue. It was old-school and I liked it, even if the frenetic reveal at the end (thanks again Claire) was sloppy. 

People were dogging Tyler Christopher's body a couple weeks back. Folks, the guy is 45 and we can see every single abdominal muscle. If he's "sucking in his gut," I can only hope to be sucking in a gut like that when I'm 45. The dude is jacked and chiseled. 

Glad to see Shawn/Brandon Beemer pop in for an episode. I actually think it's great that DAYS has these pop-in visits from former vets, like Christie Clarke and Lisa Rinna. It's a nice treat and adds a bit of realism to it, seeing family members that aren't normally in town anymore. 

The DID story is too unrealistic. The switching between alters is just ridiculous. I'd sooner Abby be worried about missing chunks of time in her life because the devil was slowly taking possession of her body, a la Marlena. But we'll see where it goes. It's one of those so-bad-you-have-to-watch kinda stories, just to see where it's gonna take us. 

With actor guarantees and lumping stories together while not focusing on others, it once again ruins any type of momentum (if there ever was any) in the "Who Killed Andre?" story. At least they're trying to reboot the Paul/Will/Sonny story after languishing on the backburner for months. Thank you DAYS for teaching your 60+ year-old viewers how Grindr/Tinder works. Are we going to have a whopping FIVE gay characters on this show soon?  The bible belt will surely be unhappy about this "takeover"! 

I love seeing more Valerie/Vanessa Williams. I really wish they'd bring on another African-American man in his 40's/50's to catch Valerie's eye. Where's Jonah Carver? Since we love to keep it in the family... 

• Members

Who killed Andre has been totally pointless, IMHO.

The real problem I have is there doesn't feel to be any momentum at times with some stories because they're either never on or they get a couple of episodes a month .... it makes investing daily very hard for me. It's hard to explain.

Compared to the awful period between Nov-Jan, the show is definitely better but I'm just not interested in the DID/Who Killed Andre [!@#$%^&*]. Louise is being wasted (how soon before Vivian is Gabby's next victim?) and honestly so is Tyler being stuck in endless scenes with Marci Miller. I kind of prefer Marci around Tyler, I think she and Billy bring out the worst in each other on-screen, lol. But I wish Tyler/Stefan were moved around the canvas more. It's been 3 months and his sole purpose is Abby. It's setting him up for failure, like many before him.

Archived