Days: March 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

It largely depends on what kind of mental health issue we are talking about. There is a difference between falling for someone with Bipolar Disorder and someone with DID who is not responsible for or in control of their actions because they are literally taken over by an alternate personality. Knowingly and willingly going ahead after finding out something like that is like sleeping with someone who is highly intoxicated/drugged and cannot consent.  

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is a summary of it.....I guess Sonny got hot and heavy with the bartender. Anyone know who played the bartender? I was going to look at the credits but I only have Monday's show and there were no actor credits on that episode just the crew.

Sonny went to the Brady Pub for a drink. When the bartender flirtatiously offered to buy Sonny's next drink, Sonny accepted the offer after realizing the implication.

• Members

Haven't Gabi and Will, both told Ari that Sonny is one of her fathers though? She's thought of him as a father for years.

This is why I cringe whenever one of my friends sets themselves up by parenting a child without the paperwork to back it up. Their partner always encourages it, until it's not convenient for them anymore, and then hearts are broken.

• Members

Just looked back at my post and I didn’t word it properly - I meant in the context of soap I like the story. I the fact it’s morally ambiguous is what’s interesting to me about it. He hasn’t taken advantage of her, it’ll be interesting to see where it goes from here.

• Members

This isn't Days, it's the HW who has repeated this story and his extremely fuzzy notions of sexual consent vs. mental illness in multiple stories on multiple soaps. He constantly has women with multiple personalities fúck or attempt to seduce guys who aren't their partners while not in their right minds (i.e., taken over by the alternate personality) and unable to consent. Then he plays it off as fun and/or comedy or romance. It's vile tbh but I suppose I could hypothetically see the surface appeal if you've never seen such a bizarre story before. Maybe. Do not be surprised if Stefan fúcks Abby while she is an alter. This writer has done that many times and called it consent and played it for fun.

He also had an amnesiac rape victim fall for her rapist and called it a love story, but let's not quibble.

• Members

Yes, I thought we mentioned Ford - IIRC, he fucked Jessica when he knew she was not in her right mind and thought she was a seventeen year old teenager (the adult Jessica was happily involved with another man, as he knew).

• Members

You did - I just don't know if how truly disgusting that story is fully came across. I think they even had scenes of Ford telling Cristian how hot it would be to have sex with a woman who thought she was underage. 

• Members

Monday's show was the best of the week. The rest had too much DID story and I ff it all. Why hasn't Stefan told Abby's husband about her multiple personalities? Why is he letting an innocent woman go to jail? Why is he planting evidence on her when he nor his mother had nothing to do with Andre's murder? Why was Vivian brought back for this crap? Now I know why the actress was upset/disappointed with Ron's writing for Vivian.

Your right Monday was the only good show of the week. The rest was the dreadful DID story taking place in Steffy Jr ugly bedroom. At least Tess on OLTL went to a pool party to the Hamptons on location. AbbyGabby/Dr.Laura is stuck in that deary and ugly bedroom.    

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Watching this past Monday and...

...GO ON, PAUL!!! YOU TOSS THAT SHIRT OFF!!! lol.

The look on Sonny's face when he opened that door was priceless.

That said...it's funny that in my last page I mentioned starting to watch again and Eve and Brady were in the same place. And now this Friday saw a lot of movements in everyone's stories. But theirs (by getting a wedding started) was so jarring. 

Archived