Days: March 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

The last two weeks have been better than it's been in a while. January and February were dreadful. December wasn't super hot either.

He shouldn't have a british accent just because he was raised where he was raised, Edmund wasn't his biological father. I'm not going to move to Europe and suddenly develop a British accent. I find it stupid EJ had a British accent but then again I never cared for EJ, so

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I I felt like all episodes from Andre's murder day to the day Abby revealed her third personality were awful. Friday last week and this week (three episodes) have been watchable.  Other than Drake/John and the Steve plot.  We don't know what Sheri and Ryan are contributing to the story.  the DID Abby plot is definitely Ron, but the ISA poisoning plot felt like Sheri/Ryan to me

• Members

Still getting caught up but I wanted to just say how nice it is to have a Ciara that actually opens her mouth when she speaks. I checked out before the last Ciara was fired, but the decision to hire her in the first place was one of the most baffling castings I ever remember on the show. Very close to Charity Rahmer bad, who was at least hilariously bad.

I cannot get over that Bill Hayes is 93 and so damn live and vibrant. Most of the time the elderly actors on this show are shells of themselves and it's kinda hard to watch, but he's older than everyone at this point and you'd think he was the same age as his wife.

• Members

Oh snap, I was not expecting Eli to come clean! Don't care for the show trying to display Rafe/Hope as some great love. I've never bought them as a couple and back when Bo was dying, HATED him pawning Rafe off on her.

And it appears he's semi popular on here but I don't get the Tripp love. I saw part of his intro story before I stopped watching and I didn't care about him then. Maybe it's because I wasn't born when Steve/Kayla were huge in the 80's but I find I don't care about them at all, so Steve's random son with Ava does nothing for me. I always preferred Ava with John anyway instead of obsessing over Steve. And I actually liked Stephanie alot with Shelley Hennig in the role, so maybe it's just the Johnson men. I did like that they had Steve there for JJ. They often ignore that Jack is siblings with Steve and Adrienne.

• Members

I  meant about the cheating. I'm okay with the baby lie.

Marci Miller did something as Gabi in the episode I was watching that I don't think I've seen before. She was rapid fire saying her lines and almost emoting, but her eyes and eyebrow/forehead area was still completely lifeless. It's so crazy because I've seen her in a movie before and she was actually expressive and emotive and on Days she's just...there. Hell I even thought she showed some life when Ben showed up at the wedding but honestly I'm at the point now where I just wonder how Kate Mansi would be playing things. A lot of people on this board back in the day did not like her, she was described as a Bratz Doll, but I much preferred her and would welcome her back in a millisecond.

Also Stefan and now Vivian not saying anything about Abby's breakdown is really annoying. I haven't liked it on any of the shows Ron has done it on and yet here we are again. Can't wait until he has "Gabi" and Stefan sleep together and Abigail ends up pregnant.

• Members

I've read on other boards where she is getting lots of praise for her acting. I have found her rather awful during the whole DID story. And I agree with you....the last time she showed some acting talent was during the Ben scenes.

As for Stefan and Vivian not telling....didn't Ron do this on OLTL with Jessica's DID story too?

• Members

He did and it was just as awful then as it is now. If I remember it correctly he even had Ford on OLTL double down on being an [!@#$%^&*] when it was pointed out he took advantage and slept with a mentally ill woman. I'm pretty sure the network forced him to kill off Ford once the show was canceled as he never cared while the show was active, that the audience found the story to be in poor taste but that was most of Ron on OLTL and GH.

Archived