Y&R Character Recast

• Members

Looks wise Blake Hood and Lachlan made sense, YMMV on liking their acting or not. I don't think they were that bad in the role but Kyle's such a non-character ... this dude looks like anyone from anywhere USA, as cute as he may be.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You would think, but I can imagine certain TPTB not wanting to commit to an Asian male heartthrob on their soap. We saw what happened with Eric Steinberg, and they humiliated Keemo with that ridiculous Mari Jo Mason fling before they got rid of him.

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2013/0403-bergman.php

https://es.xfinity.com/sdmy/blogs/tv/2010/08/04/deep-soap-yrs-peter-bergman-criticizes-jack-and-victors-war/

Those are the only two interviews I found in which PB addresses Keemo, and neither “journalist” ever followed up to see exactly what PB’s objections were to that storyline given all of the other crazy, ridiculous stuff we’ve seen Jack endure over the years. Who was the writer who penned that storyline?

I know the soap media only ever existed to be an extension of the PR arms of the networks and producers, but c’mon. So many questions we’ve had for years go unanswered and all we’re left with is innuendo.

Actually his best (but not really all that revealing) answer came at a fan event (at 10:35):

I know we’ve been over this a lot over the years, but it’s annoying. And I’m sure Lane Davies, Scott Bryce, or even Hunt Block would be more than happy to take over should Mr. Bergman no longer want to play what it is given to him. But I’m sure TPTB just don’t bother because at the end of the day, they don’t care. Meanwhile we’re on bland, basic Kyle No. 5.

• Members

He appears on Hawaii Five-o already on CBS. Why not cross promote both shows during their time slots? I flove him on Days with Chandler Massey but I think he'd make a great Keemo. Considering how awful the latest recasts have been...he'd be a gem as Keemo.

• Members

Plus, I don't think PB has ever complained about any storyline. He's always kissing the writers' back. Maybe he tossed a comment here and there about John being killed off but that was it. His only no-no storyline is Keemo. Weird.

Archived