General Hospital March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting scenes today with LW's Carly talking to TB's Kim about Morgan considering she was the one playing him when Sonny put a bullet in her head giving birth to that brat. I can't imagine it wasn't intentional. I do like that the show hasn't overly done the LOOK IT'S TWO CARLY'S stuff.

• Members

I am trying my best to catch up with the show.... Let just say I havent been watching for the last 2 years.... So Jason wasnt Jason but a guy named Drew.... Anna has a long lost son by that weirdo.... There was an earthquake... Ned is the mayor and is trying to buy up the town.... Is there anything else I am missing?

• Members

I haven't chimed in for a while, but I still watch and am still yet to be very happy....

Nina's Pickled Eggs.

We learned a few years ago that Nina had gone through premature menopause due to her twenty year nap. There is no reason she can expect a new discovery to change that.   Stop trying to make her work.  Stop sending people that she's never had scenes with show up and praise her. Why wasn't she pinned down in the earthquake?

We Don't Need Another Hero.....

An earthquake, done right, is a perfect way to rid a show of extraneous characters... (see Santa Barbara ) Instead of killing off Franko, they not only had Jason save the crap character, but then had him  use his legs as a way to leverage a door off of Drew (RME). Next Jim Harvey makes him cry and Drew is Franko's hero. Then both swim through sewage to the docks....and are then smothered by Sam and Liz, while jokes are made about the smell. All I can hope for is Franko getting an Al Holden dumpster disease from the sewage. 

We Don't Need Another Hero   Part Two

Julian rescues Molly and suddenly is off the hook with her for putting a knife to Alexis's neck. All is forgiven.  GMAFB.

With an Albatross Around His Neck

New character Harrison Chase seems like a decent enough character but is quickly tied to Michael Easton's Dr. Finn.  I keep hearing Finn and Anna talk about this great love they share, but I still can't understand how they are in love. They barely have scenes together, and when together, they come off as super awkward. The one month build-up of the romance gets followed by months of each going on and on about this unrequited love.  The only good thing about Finn has been his friendship with Alexis. Characters keep getting tied to ValenVarni's favorites. Why couldn't hottie Harrison just be a standalone character?

Predators

Dr. David Bensch creeps around leering at Kiki with those black rimmed glasses. Why isn't he Jeff Webber? For once someone could be supporting Elizabeth and telling her how much better that she can do...   James DePaiva deserves better  than this creeper role.  Unless it's a way to send Kiki off the show (there is no way I could ever buy Hayley Erin as a doctor. We should be following TJ and two other characters  not related to anyone on their path to the medical profession.Now it seems like Jim Harvey "did something bad "  to Franko to further garner favor to the awful freak. Kill both Jim and Franko off and move on.

Odds and Ends

I like Joss and Oscar.  It surprises me that they don't interact with any peers aside from the dance. Cameron should have been aged by now and be interacting with them. A few scenes with Trina Dakota, and Troy prior to the dance could have given the scene at the dance more believable.

@ChitHappens I love that Stella has been brought into the Alzheimer's story.  Max Gail should be nominated next year as Guest Performer. He really hits the beats and tugs at the heart in his portrayal of Mike. Maurice still mumbles a ton, but not having Sonny's story mob related for a change at least helps a little.

@Antoyne  I liked the Carly/Kim conversation as well. I'm glad they don't push that Carly/ex-Carly agenda that I was expecting.

I couldn't care less who sleep inducing Sam loves.

More Francesca please. Michael needs someone other than Psycho-Nelle in his orbit. BTW, I see they are writing Nelle into the Heather Webber Zone of crazy. Too bad, I liked Lanier in the beginning.

@Faulkner    Curtis easily moves through the canvas creating chemistry with every character he interacts with, even his scenes with Julian were watchable. I enjoy the banter with Jordan.

I don't know why the need for Anna to have a son on canvas that she never mentioned in all the years of fearng Faison. That said, unlike others, I don't mind Wes Ramsey as Peter/Heinrich.  I think Nathan should have been kept around to die a hero in the earthquake. No one died or was significantly injured. Poor Scott has been unseen except for his scene with Franko.. :-(

I like Ava/Griffin. I love Nurse Deana and that cute scene with Mike   

Please register in order to view this content

.  Olivia supporting Ned is nice to watch. Monica offering to adopt Drew was good. I'm glad to see a little rebuilding of the Quartermaines. It's long overdue.  It's always good to see recurring characters like Epiphany, Felix, Max, Diane, Brad, Lucas (though he should be running the Emergency Department by this point),Monica, Mac, Felicia and others.

Please register in order to view this content

All in all, I think Chris Van Etten was a good choice, but Altman and ValenVarni still need to go.   The show blew it's chance to get rid of it's dead weight with the natural disaster...

Archived