ALL SOAPS: Grade February Sweeps!!!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point i only watch Days. Where do i even start? AbbyGabby awkwardly trying to seduce Steffy Jr. In the cheapest black wig she could find. The whole badly written mess with John poisoning Steve. That rushed climax at the overused HTS was dreadful. I guess we should be thankful that it was wrapped up quickly. A watered down JJ stuck with a bland Lani. The who killed Andre DiMera has to be most the unexciting murder mystery to grace soaps. It's sad that this is the best they can come up with for sweeps. Back in the day all the months of the year were written like it was sweeps.  I''ll grade it a D+

• days of our lives abigail deveraux stefan x abigail stefan dimera daysedit gabigail days 02 19 18 gifs finally getting around to posting these   starrylilac.tumblr.com
    Days of Our Lives horita Will Horton paul narita chandler massey christopher sean will x paul my gifs dool   cull3nblaze.tumblr.com

•  

• Members

I’m behind on GH and Days, but totally caught up with Y&R.While Chelsea’s exit story made no sense, I found it entertaining as a whole and the last two days of Sweeps with the Christian news coming out, have been great. 

Now the bad. I don’t like this JT is an [!@#$%^&*] story. I don’t like the continued destruction and belittling of Hilary. I don’t like Cane suddenly being absolved of all his wrongdoing. I only ever liked Lily when she was cheating on Cane. And Devon back as an [!@#$%^&*] does nothing for me.

Overall I’ll give them a c.

• Members

+1

Please register in order to view this content

B&B-Don't watch anymore but considering Bradley Bell's writing it probably got an F.

Days- C....the only good part was the crumbs we got from Will and Paul. The rest of the show was a snoozefest.

GH- I don't watch it.

Y&R- a solid B.

• Members

Because I get all my information about B&B through clips and secondhand via board posts these days, I won't comment on them.

Y&R- the sweep storyline, at times went begging but it did something really interesting, in that it featured three women characters- Chelsea, Sharon and Phyllis and they almost completely shored up the deficits of this story.  

Chelsea ( a bit late) started to shine for playing the character she is best known for playing-- a character on the edge of becoming unmoored.

Watching SC and GT play off one another made me realize that Phyllis now has greater chemistry with Sharon than with any of the other characters she's had scenes with so far.  Strange but true.

MY seems at a loss at what to do with Hilary and that shouldn't be since there are countless options for her character. 

Is the GC Buzz/HH on its last legs?  I just don't see what more can be done with that concept. 

J.T. is too hot to waste on the stuff they're having him do.  Also, the Ashley/N.E. vs Jack/Jabot storyline has lost momentum, IMO.

Overall, I give Y&R a C+.  I am judging it based on the history of sweeps and the quality Y&R has been known for, not based on any lowered standard.  

I refuse to grade on a curve, LOL.

• Members

Wow. Surprised at the B for Y&R given your previous thoughts. For me, it’s around C/C+ area. Maybe a B- if I’m being generous. I think the best a soap can get in this era is a B/B+.

DAYS gets a D+ and B&B a D-. GH I don’t watch enough to give a solid grade.

• Members

Well....I loved JT and Victoria until I read spoilers...ruined it for me......

Nick losing everything .....I LOVED.....I LOVED.....I LOVED IT!

I HATED anything Lily and Cane.

Loved the sparing between Victoria and Ashley.

Archived