Taoboi

Y&R March 2018 Discussion

14 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Ashley is included in telling everyone who would listen about how much she dislikes Ashley. They haven't had one non nastyinteraction since Ashley returned to Newman. The ONLY reason Victoria stopped being so hostile is so she could keep her job. Not because she felt she was wrong or was upset about being caught but so that Victor wouldn't outright fire her.

JT does NOT talk to Victoria like a dog. Outside of criticizing what she eats he's been very supportive of Victoria since his return.

They've worked at co-parenting Reed, he's largely been civil to Billy despite neither of them every liking or trusting the other & been respectful of her family despite their meddling in Victoria & JT's family/relationship.

Ever since JT moved in with Victoria she's been undermining him and playing HIM for a fool.

It was her that used him as a weapon in her war against Ashley, it was her that repeatedly lied to him about her culpability in the Newman drama, it was her who constantly interfered in his marriage to Mackenzie despite him asking her to let him deal with it.

But because AH is such a dour low energy actress her Victoria gets away with things a stronger actress would be held accountable for.

So because you didn't like and/or care about JT that makes the current regime's treatment of the character ok? If that's the case NOBODY should be complaining about the writing of any regime that followed Bill Bell.

Also I never said the story would be better served with Michael or Kevin. Another SON poster said that. However, I do agree those characters do have previous histories that would better serve this particular story.

What I've have always said from the very beginning is that it's not necessary to tell this story BUT that if the writers felt it needed to be told they should do it with a stronger actress and with characters that make sense.

Referring to AH as mediocre isn't a slam. It's recognition that she isn't suited to carry a show.

That's a big difference from saying she's bad. Mediocre means average which is exactly what she is.

It matters if JT is trying to be in a relationship with Victoria.

It also matters that Billy & JT had an ugly history LONG before either became involved with Victoria.

Acting as if their shared history is irrelevant is ridiculous. Nobody would do that for Nikki & Ashley, Cricket & Phyllis, Michael & Paul, Jack & Victor, Katherine & Jill, Mackenzie & Brittany, etc. Why should Billy & JT be any different?

Just as you mentioned that Victoria had the right to be concerned about who her kids were around, JT has the right to take issue with Billy. An individual who has both access and influence to both his ex-wife and son & has repeatedly exhibited terrible judgement & reckless behavior. He's not an attempted murderer like Phyllis but he's certainly someone any responsible parent would have take issue with.

And Victoria had no problem inserting herself into Billy & Phyllis relationship before she and JT resumed their relationship. Was Victoria attempting to isolate Billy? Victoria is ha

My opinion on this story would be absolutely different if it was Billy, nick, jack, Devon, Neil, etc being written to do this. They are apart of core and have had steady presence onscreen. JT is a throwaway character to me.  I readily admit that. It's not about liking him but moreso about understanding he has less value than characters in core families. 

And you never said these past months how JTs controlling and abusive Behavior was ooc? 

4 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

I call it brave and sdgy because it's the kind of story we don't see much in daytime either characters we've known since teens. I think the complaints about using JT kinda sorta backs up my opinion. No? 

Not really. People are complaining because most of us are used to a formula and this went against it by not doing the heavy lifting. They didn't show us how JT got here and they didn't show us the toxic relationship between JT and Victoria develop. That last part is what makes this story kind of desperate to me. They went for the shock value.

At the same time, sure we don't see a story like that everyday, so I guess we could call it edgy for daytime, but then so is two girls kissing, so I'm not terribly blown away here.

4 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

JT is a throwaway character to me

Much like Nina & Sharon JT (through past marriages and his children) is related to TWO core families.

Also you just said the current story was an important story to tell because it involved character's who viewers knew since they were teens.

So either he's a throwaway character or a character of value.

Edited by DeeeDee

13 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

Not really. People are complaining because most of us are used to a formula and this went against it by not doing the heavy lifting. They didn't show us how JT got here and they didn't show us the toxic relationship between JT and Victoria develop. That last part is what makes this story kind of desperate to me. They went for the shock value.

At the same time, sure we don't see a story like that everyday, so I guess we could call it edgy for daytime, but then so is two girls kissing, so I'm not terribly blown away here.

No, I think everyone has been quite clear on why they are pissed. It is because it is JT and it is character destructive. Period. 

Edited by ajsp35801

2 minutes ago, reallyhateskateonlost said:

Finally the mustache goes down.

Victor better not be Jack's father.

tumblr_p60r3an8od1s89byoo1_400.gif

This reminds of the scene on B&B when Ridge fell out of the chopper lol

3 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Much like Nina & Sharon JT (through past marriages and his children) is related to TWO core families.

Also you just said the current story was an important story to tell because it involved character's who viewers knew since they were teens.

So either he's a throwaway character or a character of value.

Use someone besides sharon Collins to get your point across. She long out lived  her use and I've been waiting for half a decade for the show to throw her away.  You'd have scored more points if you had listed Tracy. She's another who comes and goes on a murmur and not many clamour for her to return. But even then I'd say it's different because she is a member of a core family. If marrying into a core family meant folks weren't expendable, then why have Jack and Neil ran through so many women that  were sent packing. Half of them we don't even remember and none of which we give a damn about besides Diane and Dru. 

Us caring about a character doesn't make him/her any less expendable. I thought I made it clear that being a member of a core family (adoption or blood) did that. 

3 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

And can this show stop acting like old-ass Victor can believably take on men young enough to be his grandson? 

Exactly! I don't even understand why that fight was competitive. I told my mother that and she said, "but victor is in great shape". RME. It's old folks fetish/fantasy. 

4 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

And can this show stop acting like old-ass Victor can believably take on men young enough to be his grandson? 

At least he got his ass handed to him this time. But yeah...

9 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

:lol: A mess!

Did Trump really interrupt the last few minutes to kvetch about signing the spending bill? SMH.:lol:

6 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Us caring about a character doesn't make him/her any less expendable. I thought I made it clear that being a member of a core family (adoption or blood) did that. 

I tell you who's really expendable, soap fans.   CBS just doesn't care. That news conference could've been relegated to CBSNews online.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

13 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Us caring about a character doesn't make him/her any less expendable.

And yet "core" family members are expendable too.

Adam & John are dead. Casey & Chloe are gone. Scott & Daniel are MIA. Olivia & Summer are in other countries.

So it's not as if being a blood related "core" family member means characters are any more valuable than veteran core family in-laws.

Edited by DeeeDee

@DramatistDreamer Trump didn't interrupt, CBS did. It's the network's choice to air these things. Think of all the fake Russia pre-emptions that happened this summer. Hyperventilating at every 'twist' and 'turn' - it's ridiculous. Between cable and the internet, it's unnecessary, but CBS does not care about daytime. Guaranteed they wouldn't have broken in if it happened during NCAA tournament last week during the day.