Taoboi

Y&R March 2018 Discussion

4 minutes ago, GMac said:

+10!  I agree with all of this.

The JT/Victoria scenes today were well written.  The dialogue was spot-on, especially when they were on other sides of the door talking to each other.  

Based upon the music cue at the end, it made me doubt JT's apologies to Victoria and how they "shouldn't let this one moment define them".  Was he manipulating her that entire time?  If he was, I could see how she would fall for it.  He was smooth.  But I'm hoping he meant what he said.

I think JT meant it. But I doubt it's the last time he puts his hands on her in anger. 

4 hours ago, KMan101 said:

Christel's one of those weaker actresses who play scheming bitch better. I've never been fond of whiny Lily. I wanted Dru's daughter to be stronger. Hilary is more like Dru's daughter than her own daughter.

It was only a matter of time before MY started down the Pratt path. He likely wants to shock and awe and try to raise the ratings. He wasn't doing the worst job on his own at first, it was a bit rusty but I was kinda getting into it, sort of, but I've definitely lost a lot of interest.

I'm really annoyed ice queen Victoria didn't last because it suits Heinle and I honestly was starting to come around ... but all I see is her getting told she's awful for being a strong and confident business woman. Sure she has terrible people skills at times, but it seems all about beating a strong character down and I hate it (like with Hilary). Not that a strong person can't fall victim to an abuser. But it never made sense for it to be Victoria, IMHO. Heather's Victoria would rip JT's balls off right then and there. LOL

I dislike Victoria, but the ice queen attitude makes sense given who her father is. I wish the show would truly address the double standard of Victoria being called cold, yet Victor being tolerated. 

I don't want to go on a rant, but a lot of soaps have a steady history of characters tolerating truly vile behavior from a male character ((Victor has done downright evil things)) while criticizing strong and ambitious women ((Victoria, Hilary, Jill back in the day). Not that those women don't deserve to be criticized at times, but are we really going to believe they are so god awful when someone like Victor is not only tolerated, but called a victim whenever karma hits him?

11 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

Since we basically know that JT is dying, I'm hoping he's Nikki's next victim.

lol and we know she’ll get off scot free.

Edited by Antoyne

Mal's Y&R is giving me Ellen Weston/John Conboy GL vibes. "Let's have a character do this just for the sake of saying the show has tackled such a storyline." Sure it's entertaining, but it's also destructive as hell. 

1 hour ago, Juliajms said:

Since we basically know that JT is dying, I'm hoping he's Nikki's next victim.

Dead. Lol

But my money is on Reed. 

Edited by ajsp35801

31 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:
  Hide contents

Ummm...have you all seen the preview for Friday's show?

HOLY [!@#$%^&*]!

I hate that they have Sharon falling for Nick. Morrow and Case will always have excellent chemistry but why can't they just stay friends.

The Dina scenes were so sad. Poor Ashley sitting there while Dina remembers a childhood memory but literally has no recollection of her as an adult sitting right there with her. I like that they've removed the silliness from the story but it suuuucks. I want Dina around for years and she's just getting worse and worse.

The JT/Victoria story was good today. I don't know if I believe JT's apologies. He's been a huge douche since he returned and I just can't see this ending up being an isolated incident at this point. And that proposal just seemed so manipulative.

Edited by Antoyne

39 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:
  Hide contents

Lol that face 😁😁😁

38 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's been a while that I saw ANY scene of current Y&R, but this was interesting from a production standpoint. The set looks very real and the directing is pretty good. Storywise I'm not inclined to give the show a chance, though.

39 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This show just burns through story.

3 minutes ago, sheilaforever said:

It's been a while that I saw ANY scene of current Y&R, but this was interesting from a production standpoint. The set looks very real and the directing is pretty good. Storywise I'm not inclined to give the show a chance, though.

Very much a nod to Psycho.

3 hours ago, GMac said:

The JT/Victoria scenes today were well written.  The dialogue was spot-on, especially when they were on other sides of the door talking to each other.  

Based upon the music cue at the end, it made me doubt JT's apologies to Victoria and how they "shouldn't let this one moment define them".  Was he manipulating her that entire time?  If he was, I could see how she would fall for it.  He was smooth.  But I'm hoping he meant what he said.

3 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

I think JT meant it. But I doubt it's the last time he puts his hands on her in anger. 

I thought Victoria's/JT's scenes were well written too.  I thought those scenes were well written and that both Thad and Amelia did a good job in those scenes. I thought they came across as very realistic .I bought them as a couple in an unhealthy relationship that has turned abusive, even though Victoria doesn't fully realize that yet.

The writers having her slap JT helped clouded her perspective of the situation and caused her to blame herself more than she should for what happened. It was like she was equating her behavior with JT's, even though JT has been worse and will end up being worse. And her also trying to use the idea of "honesty" to make their relationship seem better than what it is. She's acting like the way JT is treating her is mostly him being honest, when it is really controlling and abusive behavior.

I also wonder in what other ways he might harm her physically. I wonder if he will flat out hit her or do other things like push her, or cause her to fall down somehow and injure herself without striking her. If he does the latter things, I could see him trying to spin those things as not being abuse. Maybe he will do something to her and try and paint it as an accident or something. 

2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:
  Reveal hidden contents

LOL, what a funhouse effect!:lol:

Did people actually believe this was going to be Victoria's story?  Nuh-uh, not when there's testosterone to put out there and magnify.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

I'm so torn on JT and Victor. Victor's never hit a woman, but he's done so much that it's hard to root for him. I'd prefer if Nikki just kills again.