Y&R March 2018 Discussion

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me, the shaky-cam work reminded me of the mortifying slap fight Hilary and Mariah had on the set of GC Buzz. I get that we’re in another budget era of soaps, but I remember what the show used to do with music and blocking and camera work to really drive home emotional or disturbing scenes. And part of me wondered what that scene would have looked like with a more emotionally available actress.

But whoever wrote the dialogue was on point.

• Members

Ok, so the last couple of episodes have been pretty great. The domestic violence with JT is much better executed than the sex trafficking. Thad Luckinbell and Amelia Heinle are doing an excellent job here. The last scene was very hard to watch. Amelia did a great job in those scenes. Victoria looked emotionally and physically exhausted and she played it well.

I'm so enjoying Nikki having fun in the open-relationship. Victor/EB always gets these stories, and Nikki is always left wringing her arms. Such a refreshing and mature stage for this couple. 

Dina remembering the hail storm was a nice subtle touch. And having Abby be there for her grandmother has been a great turn in the story. 

Really enjoying the show, and pacing has gotten better. Dialogue continues to be on point and sounds more adult-like. Enjoyed the Victor chess game too lol

Cane and Lily look utterly ridiculous and I hope they both fall flat on their faces. I really wish someone like GH would just woooo Daniel Goddard away from this show. Cane/DG are just unbearable because he is too smug. Reminds me of Brad after the awful reliquary story. I also agree SS wrote Cane right.

And Victor had Sharon, Ashley, Sabrina, the doctor....

With Abby/Arturo probably going to hook up next - there is a ton of interesting scenes to come.

Also, as annoying as Victoria has been, I'm Team Victoria over Ashley. Eileen is great, I'm loving her - but Ashley is reminding me of that wicked witch from years ago

Offscreen because we can't always see every character... just like JT unfortunately turning into a domestic abuser.... :-(

• Members

Does anyone know when it was retconned that Katherine was lifelong friends with John dating back to school? I remember watching a clip of Nikki and Victor's first wedding years ago where someone I think Ashley? introduced Katherine to John for the first time.

• Members

I thought Rafe and Hope on DAYS were my least favorite couple on the soaps, but Lily and Cane clearly take the damn cake. Sally wrote Cane perfectly and once Mal took over everything we were just back to the status quo with this awful awful couple. I will never not be baffled by the fact that they have fans. This man's sins are constantly whitewashed and it's ridiculous.

• Members

Dina remembering such specific details like the hail storm was great. And I think it's great that they have her granddaughter bonding with her like this before we lose Dina for good. Still hoping for some twist where Graham caused Dina's illness.

• Members

+1 I'd really love to know who comprises this POWERFUL (alleged) Lame fanbase. Ruined again: Cane the 'romantic executive' and Lily from independent model back to busybody stepford wife.

If Cane was destined to be reformed, have him earn it - he didn't need to grovel, but small steps to restore his career, doing right by Sam and his kids, etc. 

I wish they'd given CAsh another try after it was cut short when ED was "traded" to DAYS in 2012. DG/ED has some interesting chemistry and Ashley could use a strong romantic interest. 

• Members

Man the JT and Victoria scenes were uncomfortable, which I guess means mission accomplished. I would hate to be a JT fan though that may have been excited about his return. Is the show going to explain what turned JT into this guy though?

Cane and Lily disgust me.

• Members

Oh...so I was not just seeing things.

Good.

That said...loved seeing Hilary giving it to Cane and Lily. Ugh to both of them.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! No matter how quickly Victoria managed to get her hair neat between her meeting with Victor and her meeting with Ashley, she was still no match for Ashley putting her in check by immediately putting her to work. 

A diva move if ever I saw one. Viva la Ashley.

Archived