slick jones

Soap Hoppers

On 10/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, slick jones said:

After posting Louise Shaffer's Hopper Profile on Facebook, she responded with this lovely comment:

Louise Shaffer Oh God, did I hop around that much? Thank you for digging it all up and putting it together! And for remembering.

from Marcia McCabe:

Marcia McCabe_ZvGTxrlsmm.png?_nc_eui2=AeGkyUfXPHIu6Ub Thanks for posting this Eric!!! You did not include my role on Another world! In 1995 I played Bunny Eberhardt a hit woman who stalked Jake! Great fun to work with Tom Eplin in such a fun role!!☀️

❤️

Marcia McCabe_ZvGTxrlsmm.png?_nc_eui2=AeGkyUfXPHIu6Ub Eric Skubel Thanks!! I had a blast and loved wearing that catsuit!!! Meow!!☀️

❤️

It was great to wake up to warm responses from these Soap Actresses after seeing them.

For everyone that has contributed articles over the years in the various threads , as well as links to videos that have provided information, thank you! 

T

Tell Louise Shaffer part of the reason I taped Ryan's Hope off SoapNet was because I loved her being spoiler to the hypocritical, destructive pairing that was Frank and Jiiiiiiiiiiillian. 

Delia was no prize, but I still get riled up when I think of the double standard that was applied to her when Frank cheated with Jiiiiiiiiiilian long before Dee had any thought or inclination to cheat. And Jill was supposed to be some kind of liberated superior woman at the time? Bitch, please. Liberated women don't hurt other women in that way. 

On 10/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, slick jones said:

After posting Louise Shaffer's Hopper Profile on Facebook, she responded with this lovely comment:

Louise Shaffer Oh God, did I hop around that much? Thank you for digging it all up and putting it together! And for remembering.

from Marcia McCabe:

Marcia McCabe_ZvGTxrlsmm.png?_nc_eui2=AeGkyUfXPHIu6Ub Thanks for posting this Eric!!! You did not include my role on Another world! In 1995 I played Bunny Eberhardt a hit woman who stalked Jake! Great fun to work with Tom Eplin in such a fun role!!☀️

❤️

Marcia McCabe_ZvGTxrlsmm.png?_nc_eui2=AeGkyUfXPHIu6Ub Eric Skubel Thanks!! I had a blast and loved wearing that catsuit!!! Meow!!☀️

❤️

It was great to wake up to warm responses from these Soap Actresses after seeing them.

For everyone that has contributed articles over the years in the various threads , as well as links to videos that have provided information, thank you! 

T

Tell Louise Shaffer part of the reason I taped Ryan's Hope off SoapNet was because I loved her being spoiler to the hypocritical, destructive pairing that was Frank and Jiiiiiiiiiiillian. 

Delia was no prize, but I still get riled up when I think of the double standard that was applied to her when Frank cheated with Jiiiiiiiiiilian long before Dee had any thought or inclination to cheat. And Jill was supposed to be some kind of liberated superior woman at the time? Bitch, please. Liberated women don't hurt other women in that way. 

Sorry for the double posting. The original post didn't refresh. 😒

Edited by katie_9918

6 hours ago, slick jones said:

Louise Shaffer hank you for the kind words, Eric. I loved working on Edge -- basically I loved every soap job I ever had. I never could believe that I was getting to act and I was being paid for it. And these days, I can't tell you what it means that you still remember. That is such a gift.

Hey guys I receivrd this message from Louise Shaffer  for her Hopper profile.

Any fans of hers, let her know (if you'd like to) in my Soap Opera Cast List page on FB. It's a public forum.  

What was the link? Sorry for asking.

8 hours ago, slick jones said:

Louise Shaffer hank you for the kind words, Eric. I loved working on Edge -- basically I loved every soap job I ever had. I never could believe that I was getting to act and I was being paid for it. And these days, I can't tell you what it means that you still remember. That is such a gift.

Hey guys I receivrd this message from Louise Shaffer  for her Hopper profile.

Any fans of hers, let her know (if you'd like to) in my Soap Opera Cast List page on FB. It's a public forum.  

WOW. What a great thing to have heard from her.

10 hours ago, slick jones said:

Wasn't it great that Marcia and Maree connected  after so many years too.

@jam6242

Marcia McCabe was excellent as Bunny Eberhardt, a hitwoman, trying to kill Jake McKinnon, on AW! After Jake was killed (which did not last, if you know what I mean) Vicky & Paulina both had to be palm bearers (Is that spelled right?) and the music that was played while they were taking Jake's body to be entombed was that Rolling Stones' hit "You Can't Always Get What You Want, but If You Try sometime You might get what you need" Because of that music one year YT took all those clips down!

http://pgpclassicsoaps.blogspot.com/2008/12/mccabe-mr.html

Edited by Donna B
Add link

33 minutes ago, Donna B said:

Marcia McCabe was excellent as Bunny Eberhardt, a hitwoman, trying to kill Jake McKinnon, on AW! After Jake was killed (which did not last, if you know what I mean) Vicky & Paulina both had to be palm bearers (Is that spelled right?) and the music that was played while they were taking Jake's body to be entombed was that Rolling Stones' hit "You Can't Always Get What You Want, but If You Try sometime You might get what you need" Because of that music one year YT took all those clips down!

http://pgpclassicsoaps.blogspot.com/2008/12/mccabe-mr.html

Another World Thread.

16 minutes ago, Donna B said:

image.pngimage.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=b6ffa406df047d76

SFT Thread

Bye!

37 minutes ago, VanessaReardon said:

One nutcase has truly managed to ruin every single thread that she posts in. Sigh.

There you go! Somehow incapable of not calling names! Simply have to call me a nutcase no matter how calm & collected things are. A real shame.

1 hour ago, VanessaReardon said:

One nutcase has truly managed to ruin every single thread that she posts in. Sigh.

EVERY THREAD.

It' starting to become a chore to come here, rather than a fun place to interact with fellow soap fans.

1 hour ago, VanessaReardon said:

Slick, I get it. Just know that except for the attention seeker who derailed this thread, your work is respected and appreciated. I love reading this thread. 

You've been told both by me and by a poster who has known me for many years that I am not an attention seeker. Besides that I did NOT derail this thread. STOP CALLING ME NAMES.