Two More Actors Back to Y&R

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah he'd fit in better and he'd probably have chemistry with them being that he'd probably make it believable they have history with each other. Thompson, eh. He's clearly just collecting a paycheck at this point in his career.

• Members

I think Thompson is talented (if lazy) but he’s as miscast as Burgess was. This show lost who Billy was over the years. The character is just a blur. Billy Miller was part of the problem, but he has a man-child vulnerability that feels like “Billy Abbott” to me. Thompson doesn’t have that.

• Members

I used to really like Thompson but I haven't liked him as much on Y&R he just feels like he's being super lazy, and he's miscast as Billy, Adam would have been a better choice (had Hartley not been in the role because I wouldn't replace Hartley with Thompson lol). And absolutely agreed the show lost who Billy was over the years. Miller was part of the problem, but I can see why some viewers like him as Billy. But he got lazy too. Heinle/Miller brought out the worst in each other on-screen.

For me it was a lot of the way Billy was written (he's just such an awful loser who Victor belittles and Billy's so insecure he believes he's a pathetic mess not worthy of anyone, none of it was really very appealing). I also didn't and still don't like the Billy and Victoria pairing. I just hated everything about it. Just a combination of a lot of awful things and I associate Miller with a lot of it so I was thrilled when he left, lol.

EDIT: Agreed on the manchild vulnerability thing. Thompson is more cold, stoic. But I didn't necessarily love Billy as an overgrown man-child, which I associate with Miller lol. But I do think that's along the lines of who Billy should be. I just felt sort of beat over the head with it.

• Members

I actually don't mind Thompson as Billy, I think he has excellent chemistry with his on-screen siblings and mom for that matter. I AM however a big fan of flashbacks so it'd be nice if David Tom was around for that. I also liked him as Billy when he came back, he had no chemistry with Heinle but he definitely did with MCE and ET.

• Members

The problem is that the show, at the time of David Tom’s arrival, solely defined Billy as Victoria’s love of her life and not Jill’s son or the brother of Jack/Ashley/Traci. It was irrelevant to JFP that he had chemistry with anyone else as long as Amelia Heinle was tanking that pairing. Nor did it matter that he sparked with MCE because they weren’t interested in positioning Chelsea on the show that way. And that’s not to say that DT was completely on his game during his brief tenure. 

• Members

It also didn't help that the show was giving the Abbott/Carlton & Chancellor families the Quartermaine treatment during that time. During that era if your character wasn't directly related to the Newmans you received little to no airtime.

Archived