Stop Trying to Make ... Happen!

Franko

• Members

Inspired by the comment that Nancy Travis and Robert Urich were two people who never quite succeeded at having long-running series, I thought we could list our favorite/least favorite examples of this situation.

For me, the patron saint is an actress I like, Judith Ivey. The '90s tried pretty hard with her.

Down Home (1990-91)

Designing Women (1992-93)

The Critic and The 5 Mrs. Buchanans (1994-95)

Buddies (1996)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Awe poor Robert Urich! I remember him and Markie Post in a really bad TV movie on Lifetime after they better days had past for the both of them. 

As much as I liked Deborah Adair, Aaron Spelling tried hard for her succeed in primetime to no avail first with Dynasty, then the awful Finders of Lost Love(I definitely would never let that creep find me!) and later on to recurring roles on Hotel and Melrose Place that went nowhere. 

Nancy McKeon tried hard to have a career as an adult actress but I think most of her vehicles usually flopped, including the Nanny spin-off "Can't Hurry Love". 

Dare I say Morgan Fairchild? Unfortunately neither  Flamingo Road nor Paper Dolls worked out, she only lasted a season on Falcon Crest, her own soap opera The City fizzled out fast, and Fashion House was only meant for short term.  Her name is out there but nothing seemed to last long for her. 

• Members

She did 37 episodes of 90210 (the last two seasons) and Las Vegas ran for 5 years and 106 episodes. 90210 was on its last legs when she joined and Las Vegas was wholly forgettable.

My point being that, in both cases, she didn't make a splash at all and neither show launched her career into anything substantial.