Kim Cattrall vs Sarah Jessica Parker

Cheap21

• Members

And.... Andy Cohen is weighing in on this. Oh Andy. Go twerk by some bears.

Image result for andy cohen twerking gifs

http://www.celebitchy.com/566308/andy_cohen_had_to_chime_in_on_the_sarah_jessica_parker-kim_cattrall_fight/

This article is playing right to my heart with its opening words:

True to form, Sarah Jessica Parker is not commenting directly on Kim Cattrall’s bridge-burning Instagram post from the weekend. This is par for the course with SJP – all of her dirtiest work is done through third parties and anonymous sources, and then when she’s asked about anything directly, she does her breathy-little-girl routine and acts so innocent, like Kim Cattrall is crazy, like Kim is the one with the problem.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim is going through grief so I understand the Instagram lashing out at SJP.  What is interesting to me is that Kim's response to Cynthia Nixon's public message was much warmer and she also thanked the cast/crew of SATC.. so I think her only issue is with SJP.

I rewatched the interview Kim did with Piers last fall, and she basically said she turned 60.. took stock of her life and realized what she wanted to accomplish and wondered if she had the time to accomplish it.  Then she got the offer and turned it down.. and maybe she had demands before doing #1 and #2.. but I think by movie #3.. she decided she had played Samantha to the finish line and she couldn't see playing the character any longer.  The cast/crew were the ones to blame her.. in a weird attempt to guilt her into accepting the gig.

I thought Movie #1 was fun and tied up everything in a beautiful bow.  Why the need for #2.. I'll never get except its for money.

I also saw a 2010 interview with the four women on the View.. and Kim seemed more in tune with Kristen/Cynthia then with SJP.  And maybe Michael Patrick King is the cause of the split between the two.. playing the two against one another...

• Members

It might be that they're no longer working together full-time, so Kristen and Cynthia aren't as under Sarah Jessica's spell. Plus, I don't know about Kristen, but I think Cynthia is a MUCH bigger star than Sarah Jessica at this point.  Ergo, she really doesn't need to lick her boots as much anymore.

• Members

SJP (or rather "sources close to Sarah Jessica Parker") just won't stop talking about this mess. She covers this week's People magazine in an effort to re-rebrand herself as nice, relatable ole SJP. At the same time, US Weekly has Da Feud on its cover and is full of "sources close to Sarah Jessica Parker" quotes about how hurt and blindsided she was.

I would have thought SJP would have taken time to lick her wounds in private after being publicly bitch-slapped but guess not! She keeps trying to make this a thing. Let it go, Princess Elsa. Nobody asked for SATC 3 and it's not going to happen now.

She also needs to stop sending her friends out to defend her and disparage Cattrall because that is NAGL either.

ETA: People released the bit where she yaps about Cattrall:

“I never talked about it, except [to say] that some of us were disappointed [about the movie not happening],” Parker says in this week’s issue, on stands Friday. “But I never responded to the conversation Kim had with Piers Morgan, where she said things that were really hurtful about me. We had this experience and it was amazing, and nothing will ever be like it. We had a connection with an audience, and we had a connection with the city and with this crew, and we got to tell these crazy stories with each other. So I don’t want to mess with that. I couldn’t imagine anyone else playing that part. So there was no fight; it was completely fabricated, because I actually never responded. And I won’t, because she needed to say what she needed to say, and that is her privilege.”

Gurrrrrrl

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Here is what I'm taking from all this... KC was pretty specific when she said that she viewed them as co workers instead of friends... and that I think she always kept that to herself for the betterment of the fans.  I think she opting not to do the 3rd movie for whatever her personal reasons were.. should have been enough.. but then the whole cast and crew came out trying to shame and guilt her.. and so KC did the sitdown with Piers explaining her side.  All she said was that SJP could have been nicer.. didn't say anything worse then that.

I think SJP is probably blindsided because she thinks she's America's Sweetheart.. and couldn't believe that anyone would not want to be besties with her.  That's the impression I've gotten when seeing her in interviews.  I think maybe she lets emotion and work merge together while KC was more practical.. and kept the two separate.  

• Members

...and to add to that, I get the impression that she has this need to be liked by everyone and if she senses that someone isn't charmed by her, she pushes that much harder.  It's probably worked in the past but because it has failed to work in this case, it's as if she can hardly believe it...therefore she has to keep pushing!

In KC's case, it's only becoming more and more grating and a complete turnoff but it's as if SJP can't see that.

• Members

Well, after all, she DID play Annie on B'way.

Please register in order to view this content

It says a ton that KC is the kind of actor who can salvage utter trash like "Mannequin" and "Honeymoon Academy," while SJP's film career basically crashed and burned on a bunch of high-profile flops.

Archived