Kim Cattrall vs Sarah Jessica Parker

Cheap21

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, you don't have to be a storytelling genius to recognize what happened to SATC once Michael Patrick King took over as show runner.  I don't think KC was shortchanged in terms of storyline or airtime (although, OTOH, I don't think she evolved as much as a character as the others did), but I definitely feel like the latter seasons were one massive prop-up for SJP and Carrie, and I feel like it was orchestrated by SJP herself.  For that reason, yeah, I tend to side with KC, too.

• Members

I am completely on KC's side. things have been said about SJP's behavior for YEARS on that show and in the movies. has she worked since the movies ended? things can swirl in Hollywood for years before the public knows, and it just seems to me KC has bore the brunt of articles about her diva behavior, and not saying she never acted like that.....but SJP should have kept her mouth shut. she acts like it was her brother who died. 

• Members

She’s doing that Divorce show on HBO that no one watches and has gotten “meh” reviews. Surprised it got renewed for a second season, but that goes to show how desperate HBO has been with series.

Also Team KC here. SJP is besties with mean girl Andy Cohen, which only makes her more suspect.

• Members

IDK, maybe it's the medication I'm taking for a sinus infection, but seeing Andy Cohen rightfully labelled as a "mean girl" just cracks my [!@#$%^&*] up.

HBO is VERY desperate to renew "Divorce" for a second season, but I suspect that's because they no longer corner the market on edgy, appointment TV.  Not when you have Starz, Showtime, Amazon, Netflix, Hulu and God knows what else out there providing them with real competition.

• Members

Daily Mail covers the origin of the feud in its own inimitable style:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5379301/Why-Sarah-Jessica-Parker-Kim-Cattrall-fell-out.html

I was shocked when I saw KC's original IG post by its vociferousness. She really lashed out! However, hearing that she lost her brother, I guess she saw red when SJP issued a statement about it. I did catch the SJP Redemption Tour two weeks ago when she went on WWHL with her biffle, Andy Cohen. She really played up the hurt feelings aspect after KC categorically refused to do a third movie. She got the whole WWHL show to herself to talk about her pain at being 'targeted.' Andy even suggested Sharon Stone as a recast Samantha. Andy could have really gone in on KC during the show, but I noticed he held back a little, possibly because he considers KC's Samantha Jones his spirit animal.

Anyway, my take on Cattrall's IG post is that she is at an age where she will not suffer fools gladly. She feels that SJP is piggybacking on her family's grief to make herself look like the better person. Given that SJP, the EP, and the other two women purposely excluded KC from their inner circle during the making of SATC, I can also understand why SJP enrages KC and she will never forgive her.

• Members

Chris Noth's statements are especially laughable.  Dude.  Come on.  It's just about common knowledge the kind of BTS shenanigans that you pulled on "Law & Order."  And the follow-up movie you did in the name of reestablishing your TV career after your film career proved nonexistent?  That was one, long vanity production, if ever I've seen one.

Yeah, Mr. Noth REALLY needed to have a seat.

• Members

Can we just take a step back and talk about how unnecessary another SATC move is anyway? Kim seemed her learn her lesson after the last movie was panned and didn't live up to expectations - it was time to let it go and gracefully move on to other things. I wish SJP could learn this. 

Cynthia Nixon has a respectable stage career (and won her second Tony award last year), and Kristin Davis has her infomercials (which I'm sure she's getting paid handsomely for). SJP is just clinging to a TV career that no one gives a crap about anymore. 

Archived