ER Discussion Thread

dragonflies

• Members

An oral history of Lucy and Carter's stabbings, with Kellie Martin, Noah Wyle, and the guy that played the psychopath that stabbed them. Really great stuff (shocking to see Martin now) and Wyle even admits at some point that he was an ass to Martin! Watch the video but obviously the article goes into much more detail.

Fascinating stuff. I still get goosebumps. I just love that ER getting on Hulu is making it seem like the show is back all over again!

Continuation starting in 3, 2, 1....

You're nuts!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I really like the point about Carter being a great choice for a drug addiction because he's one of the last people you'd think would have it. 

That's such great drama. It was the same way with Karen's addiction on Knots Landing. Such an unexpected development, and it made it all the better.

• Members

You're welcome. They're easily top 5 most shocking TV moments, let alone ER!

I just saw Benton's last episode. I didn't know it was coming, I wasn't ready! 😭😭😭 But they gave him a great exit (even if I'm not sure he would have won custody). The way they focused on him and Corday (such chemistry), that wink he gave her when he said "it's had its moments" and then that heartbreaking final scene with Carter.... Sigh. In one episode, they showed everything that made Benton so great. What an exit! The show is a little less rich without him. ☹️

Edited by YRBB

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

I’d never seen this show, but of course know of it due to popularity. I had been debating between starting this and NYPD Blue, but this thread getting bumped up was a sign so I started this! I’m only two episodes in but I’m loving it so far. They seem to have struck gold with this original ensemble. I will say it’s very jarring to see George Clooney on a tv show since I know him primarily from movies. I grew up watching The Facts of Life, but I was watching that as he became a movie star so this feels different. 

Looking forward to seeing this slice of history so many seem to love! Would y’all say it holds up until the end?

• Members

I feel like that’s a good description of how I viewed the show just from promos and media coverage. I remember things like when Kelli Martin’s character died and a big helicopter stunt. In that way it seems like it paved the way for the type of over the top stories and stunts you see on Grey’s Anatomy.