DAYS: February 2018 Discussion Thread

The Martin House isn't a bad looking set. It's strange that they hardly ever show it. I would rather see it then Horton Square. All we see is those awful bedrooms. JJ, Eli and Will are all related yet they never interact. Their all young men close in age. I would love to see scenes of them just hanging out at the Martin House. It's pitiful they all live in the same place. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The bedrooms are ugly and seem to be interchangable with DiMera and Kiriakis room sets.

But I liked the actual Martin house set. I wish we saw more of it too. It's a more logical place for JJ, Eli, Will, Paul to run into each other and interact, them and their friends and family. A bit more sense, at times, than everything taking place in public at Horton Town Square or Brady Pub or hospital (with a dash of Kiriakis and DiMera mansions thrown in). Or having long heart to hearts about cheating on your partner's sister in the squad room at the police station .... they showed a gym once maybe have Eli and Rafe working out and they talk about it there. The limited use of sets sucks but it's cheaper so that's why they do it. But sometimes scenes just don't make sense taking place in public, but then again, it's a ghost town so it doesn't matter.

I'll give Higs this, at least she had Chad, Abby, Gabi, Eli, JJ, Lani, Paul, Sonny all orbiting the same circle for a while and it made sense they'd all be friendly/close as most of them are related to each other one way or another. Now they're all fractured and in bubbles. I may not have loved what Higs wrote but she had them interacting. I'd give anything to see Paul get jungle madness again and whack Gabi with a rock.

• Members

Eli, Paul, Will and JJ all living there makes sense to me. It's probably a cheap room owned by a family member/friend.

Now, that being said, I wouldn't want all the town moving in like they did on GL. That was ridiculous. This at least makes a bit of sense. It's still being cheap but it's not like everyone and their sixteen kids have moved in.

But the overall comparison is totally spot on and valid. It's a lazy and cheap way to save on giving them real sets. In the case of DAYS I suppose it makes sense for the characters living there but yeah, they could afford a real place. I mean, the teens parents were footing the bill for their place to live. I get they're working now but I'm sure they're taken care of.

What doesn't make sense is how little they've used the fact that they all live there.

Archived