Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's not my point, at all. People were/are confused as to whether Nikki and the contractor guy actually had sex based on the scene that was/wasn't shown. 

Either you do it or you don't.  I don't care either way but television is not a novel, that is not an area where it makes sense to create confusion.

What's your point?  Y&R already showed Ashley "prancing" around in sexy clothes, yet there was NO sex on camera.  Frankly, there are sex scenes that are more artfully done than what Y&R chose to show.

Having an "implication" of sex and using this (non) device all the time looks as silly as Y&R's new tactic of using non-speaking extras for roles that really should be speaking.  Like when the housekeeper just stood there performing dumbshow while Victor spoke to her about the dining arrangements.

It's noticeable, it looks awkward and it's obvious why they do it.  Clumsy execution.

• Members

I wouldn't mind seeing a little romance or the odd love scene every once in a while... 

Please register in order to view this content

And by romance, I don't mean Abby and that unwashed cat furball fighting in a car.

Love scenes seem to have been eradicated completely. But IA I'm not nuts about some female character trying to entice a man by wearing sexy lingerie, it's pretty reductive.

Agree Noah and Hilary would be hot! RA is a good-looking man (I know some people think he's looking a little fluffy lately but I'm ok with it).

• Members

I think it's because they feel the need to have one couple that consists of two black characters together. Lily already being with Cane leaves Hilary and Devon to carry the load alone. (Well, really Hilary since they've shown they'd pair Devon up with a white woman.)  If those two didn't have the chemistry or popularity (fanbase) for the role, then I'm sure hilary would be long gone and Neil would be working on his 8th pairing in as many years. 

Anyways, I don't think black characters circle each other cause they are black. They do it cause they are family much like the Newmans circle each other and the Abbots circle each other. Family interact on soaps. I don't get why folks complain about it when black characters do it. Hilary interacting with her ex Devon and his family is no different than Sharon interacting with  her ex Nick and Newmans or Phyllis being paired with Billy and interacting with her ex Jack and working at their family company Jabot. 

• Members

Precisely. Not only that, she's the star.  THE lead. The center of every story they've gotten since 2013. It begins and ends with her. Even Cane's drama last year with Juliet was told through her. She had a role in Lily and Cane's recent reunion.  This isn't a bad role for her. And it's a win for the other actors and TPTB to finally have a black character in the family that TPTB are inspired to write for.

It's not like Lily and Cane also wirk at HWG. Although, if written like Newmans and Abbots they would. The show has put effort into not having all the Winters family working together and isolated. 

I've also noticed that someone is putting in the effort to write for Devon more. I never thought thought I'd see the day where Devon had a harem of women nor be accused of trying to sleep with a third that worked for him. Also, that Tessa  and Mariah reveal was surprisingly centered around him.  And he's now got something to do after months of being wall paper. I can't help but think that has something to do with Hilary being back in his orbit more fully as a love interest. It all spins off her. She is their new Drucilla. 

With that said, back to the question I posed earlier. Despite all the misdirection and foreshadowed stories 

surrounding how Hilary will have a child, does anyone believe she will have a baby by anyone but a Winters (Devon, Neil, Cane, transient Malcolm or recast Nate)?  I can't imagine it. 

I only ask because reading boards and social media, viewers jump on every nugget they drop. A week ago they thought Noah would be the dad cause he was talking fatherhood with nick. Now it's nobody Jordan cause he said he gave to the sperm bank. Before that it was adopt Sam. Before that it was fall in love with Cane and raise Sam, which i admit I thought was very feasible since it served the Winters family having story. 

• Members

Well, I hope Neil ain't the one.  JS.  I'm on the fence about Hils wanting a baby and obsessing about it the way she is.  I mean, girl give it a rest.  In-T-Way...I could see Noah being the dad and wouldn't be opposed to it, depending on how the story unfolds.  More than likely though, I think you're right.  99% Winters, 1% Noah.  He best have some strong swimmers lol.

I fuckin love this idea.  

Archived