Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Members

How much does Tessa make as an assistant at HWG? Does she really qualify for low income housing? If she does, where is she getting her fancy duds? Her makeup? Her hair styling?

Theres no reason this lame ass character should be “homeless.” It’s ridiculous.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But it was Nikki, and then Noah who came to her rescue initially. Despite what Sally said, to me, it wasn't a Mariah/Tessa story from the start.

I guess Mariah is saving her now? (I'm not watching). Tessa became homeless again? I wish I cared .... lol

I know it wasn't everyone's fave story, but they totally lost whatever momentum they once had with Mariah and Tessa. So now they seem to be picking up on them again? Zzzzzz

• Members

Yeah!  Mariah kisses her brother's gf and repeatedly attempts to get said gf to admit her feelings without saying a word to her brother, but she comes out of this smelling like a rose yet again!  And now Devon/Hevon are being used to showcase this boring bitch and that other boring bitch!  

• Members

It's unwatchable. 

The show had started to write Hilary much better. More balanced.  But she's back under the damn bus cause the writers need someone to be the villain so they can show us how great Mariah and Tessa are for each other. 

Hilary gets to be the evil bitch they bond over and take up for each other with. "See, homophobes. They may be gay but they are good together and better people and more deserving than Hilary. Root for them." I'm so tired of Hilary carrying the burden for Mariah (and Tessa's) likability and romance. 

And Devon gets to look the weak, pathetic fool who still wants Hilary while she bahaves like an inhuman, narcissistic, clown. 

Thanks for saying so. It seems some code of silence taken around here on this subject. I guess it's cause folks like Mariah and don't mind Hilary and Devon shortchanged for her. But had that been Sharon treated like this so someone else could be propped up....

That's cause it wasn't a Tessa and Mariah story. 

It was a Devon and Mariah love story. They wrote to them to take off big and clearly had planned for a long term triangle starring Mariah as Taylor, Hilary as Brooke, and Devon as Ridge. You don't destroy a couple like they did Hevon last year in favor of another unless you are serious. Hilary became the other woman/interloper and antagonist in her own marriage. Devon and Mariah just didn't work well on-screen despite the great writing they had. If they had worked,  they'd be married with heroine Mariah about to give birth to Devon's child right now for Feb sweeps while Hilary was somewhere seething and plotting as the villain to their HEA. That's the story they WERE writing. Sally can stop lying! 

Tessa's role was as Devon's talent in the business he and Mariah would build together. 

• Members

+1

Sad to hear Hilary is being thrown under the bus again.

I'm not sure how they're handling her wanting a baby, but I think if under good writers, it could add a lot of depth to Hilary. She wants a baby to fill the void she feels in her life, so she wants one for the wrong reasons, realizes this ... and so on and so forth. Is that anywhere near close to what they're doing? Or is she just thirsty for a baby because Mal doesn't know what to do with her?

• Members

She's just thirsty for a baby cause, I'm assuming, giving her one was in the notes from CBS and Sony. It started out fairly decent with her bonding with Cane's kid while lily couldn't. But then that turned into a does she or doesn't she want Cane. It was used to push lily back to Cane.

She, then, had the revelation she wanted a baby of her own after vehemently denying it for months.  But it was cause she wanted someone to love and whom would love her unconditionally. The story has now become, how will Hilary get a baby?  They've previewed at least 4 or 5 different stories as to how. I guess it's supposed to keep us guessing. Fail! 

Hillary isn't anyone's cheerleader. She's mean and an annoyance despite being shown as the only smart one in the qaud. She's someone for Mariah and Tessa to defend each other against and eventually win out over. I guess they've given her the reason of hormone shots to explain her OTT childish grating  behavior at least.

Agree about Devon finally being shown in business. Finally. But the entire point of it is to showcase Tessa and Mariah. 

• Members

Tracy pulled at a lot of heartstrings today. There were great scenes at the Abbott house.

Phyllis' smirk getting into the elevator to close the show was iconic. She knows what's up with Chelsea, at least to an extent, and Nick is just clueless. 

Umm...what happened to Chelsea's other sleeve? Get lost in the wash?

Archived