Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Members

No one major. I haven’t seen CLB or TEB in a while, but then again they haven’t aired in a while. (They still show Melissa Ordway, even though she’s on maternity leave, but they don’t show KSJ, who is similarly on leave.) I noticed they showed Doug Davidson and Lauralee Bell on the episode they were back, so it’s pretty inconsistent.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saw the last 30 min.

WTH - with Hilary? I do like the more masc Devon and if Mevon had 25% of chemistry Bryton/CG had today, it could've been viable. They're still better as friends. And please stop with Mariah freaking out - the writers can do better. 

Shick was great until Nick opened the envelope. Ugh. They should've had SC do it and then reach over and cover JM's mouth with her hand. 

What's the point of Phyllis demanding she stay for a Billy/Ash convo? That's a bad writing choice for a character who's been involved with Abbotts for 15+ years on-screen. 

• Members

I am so sick of this!  How many times do we have to see Hilary leave and Mariah save the day?....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dear Mal.....this is played out!  Move on!

JM was horrible at the end. It looked like he was constipated and nothing would come out!

• Members

Nick apologizing. It was a poignant moment. It'll be interesting to see where Nick and Sharon go from here, but that conversation was a long time coming. I wonder if there's been a thought to age Faith.

Mariah and Devon make great friends. It's a soap opera crux to have a relationship like that. But Mariah is so lost. Who is she? Camryn Grimes is too good to be floating around as a sidekick.

• Members

Who is Mariah? Outside of being the bestest daughter to Sharon, she's the anti-hilary. Someone to be used to show how undeserving and terrible Hilary is. Someone for viewers to root for to take Hilary's life. That's all Mariah has been for almost a year and a half. 

Here's to hoping Devon eats crow over assuming Hilary left to prove a point. 

• Members

With #metoo and #timesup going on.. that could be used for so many different types of stories..with Victoria and Ashley getting powerful again...we could examine to see if women in true positions of power would be different or just like men in power.....we could even have a female character preferring a man to be boss instead of a woman...and seeing the queen bee personality type some females (in abby's age group especially) are when in charge.  It could examine and show it isn't the gender that makes abuse of power so great...but the power itself that corrupts anyone that has it.

• Members

Nah, that would have been the easy way out if they had covered #MeToo with them.  

One of the questions I have about the fallout of the movement is that if more women are put into positions of power.. will things change or will the harrassment/accusations stay the same.. only this time the females in power are the ones accused.  Also, I've had numerous female co-workers (in their 20s, single, and urban) tell me that they would rather have male bosses then female bosses.. and their reason stems from the fact that most female bosses are catty, emotional, tribal, and act like Queen Bees... and this is coming from younger professional women in a pretty liberal city such as Chicago.  I'd love if a character... say Abby becomes boss.. and she displays queen bee tendencies and is actually accused of harrasment by a female employee she is a boss of, etc.  Would be an interesting twist and a fresh angle to explore

• Members

So you know a few women who feel this way and that's supposed to stack up against the thousands of women who have come forward about being sexually harassed,  assaulted or raped in the work place? Please.  Being a "Queen Bee" (whatever that means) does not even rate compared to that.  Calling women "emotional" is as misogynistic as it gets. Yes, yes, the women you know said it.

Please register in order to view this content

I've known plenty of men in the workplace who yelled, but no one called them emotional.

We have enough women in power to know that they are not sexually assaulting men at anywhere near the same rates. The soaps may be pretty tone deaf and out of touch, but if they made the woman a harasser at this moment in history it would be a ridiculous insult.

• Members

You know, I can only go off my own experiences. But I'd rather work for a woman. But then I've always been a girls' girl and got along well with other females. I work in STEM and it seems the males spend more time trying to prove whose the alpha of the pack versus getting work done. 

• Members

I have to agree with you. Those scenes were impactful and emotional, and their chemistry continues to be off the charts. Morrow and Case are great together.

i thought Josh Morrow played those end scenes terrifically. The emotion seemed real, maybe because JM thought of his own kids. I also think Sharon Case brings out the best in him.

Archived