Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mishael has an onscreen romance to write to. Camryn doesn't atm. Tessa doesn't count. 

Besides, they've pidgeon holed Mariah as a moral compass and saint.  She's trotted out to cry over Sharon or during  woe is me gay monologues or as supporting comedic relief. She doesn't drive story. Hilary does. And the show  has no limits to or qaulms about what they will have her do. She's a female Adam. Much easier to write. But yeah, Mishael's airtime is great. It has been for over a year now. 

• Members

Folks that hate the character have been blaming her for the ratings decline for years now. Lol

Lane fans have been screaming this to Mal every week ratings come out despite DG having higher counts and leading major story all last year with CK about neck and neck with MiM. Go figure. 

• Members

Mishael was pretty raw when she first showed up, but she's definitely grown as an actress and her charisma is off the charts IMO.  Even though the writing for her character is the shits, when she's onscreen, you WANT to watch her.  At least I do.  

I have to admit, those dream sequences took me by surprise.  When's the last time any character got something like that to play on Y&R?  I enjoyed that part of today's show.  The "fallout" from Chelsea leaving...meh.  Not so much.

• Members

Mal at least seems to be not listening, as her profile has only grown recently. Still, compared to Babe/Gigi/Hope, Hilary’s actual story feels thin (they all had prominent love triangles) in spite of her episode count. The cynic in me wonders if they are stalling to see if they can integrate Neil back into the mix when/if KSJ returns, which would be batsh!t insane.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

God I hope not. Hilary probably isn't centered in a major triangle any longer because they don't have anyone else they want to see her with besides Devon. I think Neil is out of the question and I never got Mal Young was interested in writing for him when he was around. 

More than likely they are stalling for  those new casting....Hilary is polarizing and has the ability to make men sexier than they'd otherwise be. So...

Thinking about it, Hilary has had dream sequences before. When she was trying to tell Neil about her affair with Devon. She had a few scenarios. All very dramatic. Lol

And I still don't really care about Nick finding out Christian isn't his. But that is one cute kid that plays Christian. 

• Members

I hope not either. But it did cross my mind.

KSJ is a fine actor, but his time away just confirms that Neil has run his course as a character. Devon is shining and proving he can command respect on his own, and he’s standing up to Victor, Victoria, and Ashley quite well. (Clearly this show can’t write for more than one black man at a time, unless one of the black men is Shemar Moore, and he’s otherwise occupied.) I do wish KSJ all the best with his recovery. 

• Members

I always thought their would be this gaping hole on canvas if Neil left. Turns out, Lily, Cane, Hilary, and Devon are doing great without him. Lily nor Devon really need him around. And I think it's been good for Hilary and Devon to not have his baggage looming. They can carry their own stories and feel less...oppressed, for lack of a better word,  without him. It just goes to show how stories, mostly Devon's over the last couple years, were twisted to find a place for Neil. I really hate for KSJ to be let go due to consequences of his illness. Sad, really. 

ETA: I also thought Devon would seem out of place in Neil's role at NE. But he really doesn't. Whole thing is very interesting. 

• Members

Today's show was pretty bad considering how Friday's show ended. The next day let's speed up stories is making any story they tell not shine. The way Nick was reacting ...you'd think Chelsea had gone on vacation. He had no reaction to her leaving and duping his sorry ass. And I guess the dynamic duo of Phyliss and Sharon is now gone? Going at it in the hospital......

Devon and Hilary

....so sick of Devon......

• Members

So who’s said that KSJ is being let go? I haven’t read that anywhere....it’s all speculation.

Devon is doing fine without Neil, but I want Neil back anyway. I like to think that Y&R takes good care of their people and doesn’t dump them after something happens. I also like a Genoa City where characters (and actors) stick around long term.

Archived