Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show told viewers every chance they got and in every way they could that Hilary was bad, evil, and underserving of anything good. Then they pitted her against Mariah whom they told us was good, amazing, and deserves every happiness in the world. Is it any wonder why those fans despise Hilary? They are only following what the show told them was the rightful order of things: hate hilary and cheer on her downfall and hope nothing good ever happens for her and to her. 

They wasted Chelsea/MCE for years as some weepy heroine too. She was much more entertaining driving story. 

• Members

It's because they want to fall for it. The show didn't need to be so heavy handed in that little rivalry but I guess they didn't realize that. The majority of the audience would have rooted for Mariah without it.

The audience sure didn't fall for it with Chelsea and Phyllis. Phyllis got more hate than chelsea did although she was in the right while Chelsea was stealing, lying, manipulating, and bashing Sharon across the head. Yet, Phyllis is wrong. Lol

Very left field. Didn't make sense either. Nothing Chelsea did was big enough reason to leave town except maybe bashing Sharon. 

• Members

Part of the issue with Phyllis/Chelsea is that her protectiveness of Nick also came out of left field. Nick and Phyllis have barely shared scenes in ages despite their history, and suddenly she’s his savior.

It’s just a clunky way of setting up Phick vs Shick because GT has been floundering with Billy, and there’s no way they are letting Josh Morrow go without a love interest.

• Members

I don't even think they are doing Phick vs Shick. I think Mal Young wanted Phyllis to have something to do so he gave her a role in story that didn't make sense. Happy Philly kinda stifles her story potential. But then, you could be right, they may use Phyllis as angst for this upcoming Shick reunion. 

• Members

Well Adam did have the DNA test changed to say Nick was the father, so I don't think Adam really wanted a kid w/ Sage.

When Christian starts having vision problems that's when Nick will figure out Christian is Adam's child. Remember that's how it was revealed that Connor was Adam's and not Dylan's.

Archived