Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!" Because Hilary hired the lawyer, filed the complaint, lied at the deposition, lied to Lily and Victoria, stole from the Twins education fund, lied about Tokyo, got Juliet pregnant, etc. Hilary is a TERRIBLE person and may the wrath of GC's elite hypocrites rain down on her.

Exposing this only show what a huge mistake it was to reunite Lame. Lily finally got her career and life back and this is the reward?

• Members

I don't know what the show hopes to achieve by doing this. Is there going to be some turn or revelation to take the heat off Hilary or will she just have to be the show's whipping post for the next 2 years again? 

Another thing...they had Hilary acting like a ridiculous banshee so that when they blame her and characters dog her out, viewers can cheer. They don't even allow us to feel bad for her. Why they are so hell bent on us hating this character, I will never know. 

• Members

It was only built for Hilary to lose.  Lily also forbid Hilary from seeing Sam. 

Over the last 2 months, the entire point of the show building up Cane/Hilary, Hilary/Sam, Hevon, the prospects of having a baby was so that Hilary could lose it. The show knew she had nothing to lose prior so the tape coming out had no stakes. So they gave Hilary things to lose so she could be seen as "losing it all". 

All in one episode Hilary:

A) found she wasn't pregnant 

B ) decided she still loved and wanted Devon, found some hope that she might have a chance with him, told Devon of her love and desires to try again, only to be coldly "dumped" by devon

C)  had her tenuous relationship and mutual respect with lily severed

D) had Cane end their friendship

E) was forbidden to see Sam

Even with piling it on, I don't consider any of that some huge loss because I wasn't invested in any of it since it's all so new.  They are trying hard to make her pay but they've steadily refused to give her anything substantial for years. I still say she's got nothing to lose. Hillary not being pregnant by some random man is not a loss. I consider it a blessing. 

• Members

Even as a punching bag, this is a show that values Hilary. The story is being told with her as the subject, and she has a broad array of relationships. I’m not saying it’s great writing because it’s not, but I just compare how Y&R treats Hilary to how DAYS treats Eli or Lani. Eli/Lani are simply playing out That Black Storyline while Hilary feels like one of Y&R’s pivotal characters. I completely understand why fans would be pissed at how she’s being used, however.

• Members

I have missed a few eppies, but its wash, rinse, repeat.  I feel bad for the Hevon fans who were drawn back in only to have TIIC kick them in the teeth with the same bullchit that's been happening since Hevon started.  The people who make decisions simply do not want this pairing to work, and that truly boggles.  

This easily could have been a twist and a turning point where Devon confronts Hillary with the info and they work thru it.  Handing the info over and beating down Hillary again when this really has no value is ridiculous.  I'm a bigger Devon fan than Hillary, but this do-gooder crap is old as hell!  He's a robot that only knows good and bad...nothing in between.  It's ridiculous that Devon has not grown a bit.  He doesn't challenge himself one damn bit and that's insulting!  

Archived