Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It’s been clear for a while that they would put Sharon and Phyllis back into Nick’s orbit to play romantic drama once Chelsea’s gone. They needed to give SC and GT something to do. AH already has two major stories with JT and the rivalry with Ashley/Abby. Nikki certainly could have a bigger role here, though, but I guess I don’t find Phyllis’s involvement here that distracting.

• Members

That was an awkward "family" dinner.

Nick pissed at Victor, Noah saying "peace out mom and dad", Sharon having to be there to hear her ex-husband is engaged to her ex-husband's widow, Nick clueless about Chelsea...it was weird. And shouldn't Billy raise an eyebrow as to why Phyllis is so hell-bent on sticking it to Chelsea? Speaking of whom is wayyy better as a villain. Chelsea playing housewife was never that believable. 

• Members

Agreed on Stafford.

MCE has been great. I loved when she flashed her ring. I dislike that the secret is going to come out, but I guess this will further the hatred between Victor and Nick.

Hilary is the best character (despite the up and down writing) this show has introduced in years. She gives her screen partners energy without taking over the entire scene. That interplay between her and the guy at the bar was kind of funny too.

The Billy/Victor stuff was supposed to be forced. Billy was distracting Victor from seeing what Phyllis was up to

I agree that it would have been better to have Nikki & Victoria take down Chelsea.

Nevertheless, MCE is killing it.

• Members

@StepBack The Billy/Victor now makes sense. It was shortly after I tuned in. So kudos for the writers nailing that. 

@DeeeDee What motivation would Nikki/Victoria have for targeting Chelsea? At least we know why Shick and Phick want some 'ick' back in their lives.... 

If MY wants to rock the show, have Chelsea take all 3 boys with her. The number of characters impacted immediately doubles: Billy, Jill, Victoria, Nikki directly - the Abbott siblings, JT, Abby, as support for the others. Phyllis and Sharon would be blamed for 'pushing' Chelsea. 

• Members

I don't have a problem with Phyllis being involved (she's a sociopath after all) but Nikki & Victoria have ALWAYS been extremely critical of Nick's relationships.

There's no way they wouldn't be attacking Chelsea whenever the opportunity presented itself.

At this point in Chelsea's exit story (the rushed engagement) Nikki should've snottily confronted Chelsea at least a couple of times by now.

Archived