Y&R February 2018 Discussion

• Members

A week and a half ago, I actually liked this story for Hilary. But the very moment they wrote it as something for Tessa, of all people, to mock her over, I was over it.  Only a month in and I already feel like they need to piss or get off the pot.  Now, I'm rooting for them to just do a tired WTD by giving her and Noah a drunken ons pity party then having Devon decide he wants to be with her a few days later.  

I can't say that I see Noah being a real option or them even sleeping together though they should go there.  Hilary has been Noah's sister's main rival for over a year. She is the ex-wife of his friend. They have been in the same orbit for over a year as well. Everyone else in that orbit has interacted with each other regularly. Yet, I think last week when Hilary asked Noah and Mariah what they were talking about was the first time that Noah and Hilary had ever spoken directly to each other. This shouldn't be. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I am enjoying Phyliss vs Chelsea....Y&R has done it again. This story was suppose to be about Lauren and Chelsea but yet again this story became about Phyliss. I guess I have to be happy they didn't give the story to Gloria again.

• Members

As I've been reading dailies lately, the whole Chelsea arc feels reminiscent of the frenetic lead-up to the Chloe reveal. Take a neglected character, finally give the actor a story that fits that character before the inevitable.

This is the type of story that should have been started weeks ago even with just some shady or odd behavior by Chelsea. Hopefully it's coming across well onscreen. 

• Members

Did I hear correctly today in her reasoning for doing this? She said if Victor found out about the child not being Nick's. She needed the money to leave town. Ummmm...isn't Victor in it already? Isn't the one that doesn't know dumb as rocks Nick?? Why would it come out and why would Victor really care??

• Members

Since when does the head of security get such fanfare?

Please register in order to view this content

It was fun to see Ashley and Victoria make spectacles of themselves in that PR photo shoot though.

For the last few years, Y&R has been writing better exit storylines for their characters than these people had during their entire time on the GC canvas.

Remember Dylan McAvoy?  His story had flaws but I remember thinking that it was the most interesting that character had ever been was during his final two weeks.

Chelsea's scenes with Phyllis and Sharon were good.  The women were definitely driving story today and I appreciated that.

• Members

Devon has been a definite beneficiary of Neil’s absence.

I’m really enjoying Amelia Heinle lately, which means penguins are flying in hell. Pitting Ashley against Victoria in this way has been an absolutely genius move on Mal’s part, so I’m willing to forgive a lot of other BS.

• Members

Of course they make Chelsea interesting again on her way out. I hate this soap trope.

I hate that Ashley refuses to acknowledge her part in making the Jack/Ashley battle get ugly but Ashley vs. Victoria has given the show some serious life. Much like MO, I don’t mind Amelia. I didn’t watch Y&R when Heather Tom was on the show so she’s the only Victoria i know and I don’t mind her at all. 

So Chelsea is stealing from herself out of fear of Victor? Ok I guess, but he’d never let either of those grandkids be broke so it still doesn’t work for me.

• Members

It's nice to read a positive article from a fan, and one celebrating the talents of the female actors on the show. 

One female is missing from that list though. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Watching yesterday's episode...

I hate how JFP effed up the glorious background music for this show. Mal hasn't changed it back because he doesn't know better, and the budget is probably squeezed enough as is. But every time somebody walks into Crimson Lights with that generic wah-wah guitar music playing, I just want to throw something at the wall!

As usual, characters and actors start to get interesting on their way out. I know Chelsea is meant to be the 'villain' of this SL, but, by god, I am rooting for her against AngryJawPhyllis and that douchebag Billy.

Chelsea looks dressed for a barn dance at a polygamous sect compound in rural Utah. Ashley, by contrast, looks amazing with her wine-colored dress and mega hair. Nice 80s music with that cheesey photo shoot, too!

Crazy how Amelia Heinle only has chemistry with men she has had relationships with in real life (see also: Loving, AMC) !

• Members

I've never been a Chelsea fan, but IA, I find myself rooting for her as well.  It's weird.  lol.

JT has really improved Victoria and Reid since being back.  Another thing that's kinda taken me by surprise.

Archived