Y&R Actress out?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They should've kept EH instead with all Chloe's ties to GC. Bella is still Billy's kid despite the alleged DNA test. 

I suppose it's no surprise considering they have done a lot recently to make Chelsea unlikeable - her attitude at Sharon's party really stuck out.  

• Members

I agree that they should have kept Elizabeth Hendrickson and Chloe. I don't understand why they seemed to enjoy Chloe being a looney toon. And I hated her shackled to Kevin. They'd have worked better as BFF partners in crime, snarking on everyone else.

• Members

Well I'm sad. 

Please register in order to view this content

My AMC buddies know she's been a favorite of mine since the blonde RyAnnie days.

Unfortunately the only time Chelsea ever truly fit on the show for me was with JH's Adam. Before that she always felt like a shoehorned ABC poach and then when he left and they stupidly attached her to Josh Morrow's hip I knew it was only a matter of time before she'd be gone. I hope MCE can make it on a primetime or Netflix show. She's a damn good actress.

• Members

Sweet message. When I first read it, it felt funny for her to give a special thanks to JM as if her tenure was defined by him or chelsea by Nick. But then I realized she had no one else to thank in that manner. Goes to show just how misplaced/unconnected Chelsea is now.  I'm sure if ever Adam is recast, she'd be the first to be called. 

• Members

The 'crazy' thing is a staple of soaps' ongoing war on women. Notice the difference in desperate actions by women and men on soaps - the woman is crazy, psycho, dangerous, the man ruthless, grieving, heartless, reckless, etc. Was Billy locked up for his multi-year bad behavior post-Delia? No, of course, not. It's just "Billy being Billy." Same with Victor's actions. 

Anyway, I don't blame MCE for leaving, she's been in limbo for 18 months now. It didn't help that SSM did very little to reintegrate Chelsea onto the canvas - she was pretty isolated with Nick and locked away in the penthouse, except for a few appearances. 

• Members

She's the only actress who could make me tolerate Michael Muhney's Adam. I liked when they were first getting to know one another, and I think he helped her study for her GED (?). 

She and Justin Hartley had wonderful chemistry. It was tough for her character to continue after Justin's departure. Even pairing her with Nick didn't work. I always got a brother/sister vibe from her and Joshua Morrow. 

Regardless, she's talented and by all accounts, a lovely person. Wishing her well.

The world of streaming has gained a lot of wonderful daytime actors. It's a medium that has allowed them to continue their careers.

Archived