Megyn Kelly Melts Down

DRW50

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Fine.  Then ship her white, privileged ass back to Fox.  Back to the dung-heap of cable news.

Yeah, it'll cost NBC $69 million, but so what?  As Mama Khan always says, "a hard head makes a soft something else."

• Members

I can!  MK is a (bottled?) blonde, white girl, who was a highly profiled talking head on FNC, who clearly appeals to Trumpists, and who (let's face it) looks great in a skirt and sleeveless blouse.  I, myself, would have thought twice before giving someone like her airtime OR money, but I get why, in theory, they would offer her that kind of money.

However, as I've said before, the mistake was in believing she could siphon away Faux News viewers, or that NBC News could re-brand her as someone whom 18-34 females could tolerate.

It was an expensive lesson to learn, but God willing, they've learned it (...maybe).

• Members

Because of Andy Lack, who heads NBC News. He's a known conservative and wanted to erase all of the left-leaning MSNBC shows and make that channel into Fox lite. (Hence hiring Megyn Kelly and Greta Van Susteren, among others.) Alas, Maddow, etc. bring in eyeballs, Van Susteren and the like didn't, and he couldn't. So he probably figured re-branding NBC itself would be a way to do that. Oops!

• Members

In my office, we have NBC on in the morning. I never paid attention to Megyn's show except in fits and starts.

-- Most of her guests tended to be low-level newsmakers and older actresses.

-- I swear, that one guy from American Ninja Warrior was on at least twice a week.

-- The best episode was from sometime last summer, when Peter Alexander, Jacob Soboroff and some other reporter/correspondent were modeling beachwear. That said, uh, credibility issue?

Archived