ALL: Recasts you mentally treat as separate characters.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Heather Tom's Mad Kelly was fantastic tbh. And a brutally honest extension of what the character had become in its original incarnation - which is why her and Dan Gauthier's Kevin Buchanan's deconstruction as characters made them both viable again, in addition to their incredible chemistry. They took what had been an awful forced pairing under JFP with Tognoni and Tim Gibbs and made it gold. Tom's Kelly was my favorite.

Now Tracy Melchior - that was bizarre.

• Members

Heather Lauren Olson and Heather Lindell as Jan Spears (DAYS).  I'm somewhat conflicted picking them because they do have similarities in terms of appearance, but Olson's Jan was annoying and lacked any spark, whereas Lindell actually brought something to the role. 

• Members

I forgot all about Jan! I agree - HLO's Jan was a desperate, irrelevant wannabe who lurked in the shadows of all of the other DAYS teens at the time. Lindell's Jan had some fire and was a fun villain. As campy and ridiculous as shirtless Shawn in his baseball pants, trapped in a cage, was at the time (and now), Jan was good for some laughs.

• Members

Very briefly, for a few days when she first returned and then here and there later. They had a lot of chemistry. Ron Carlivati allegedly wanted him back full-time, but Brian Frons vetoed it and so they had to test Gina with every available man, which didn't go well.

• Members

Gina's Kelly was always really neurotic, and always found herself in situations she got herself in, but there's a sense of innocence about her at times.  I always thought Heather deliberately got messy for the sake of being messy and I didn't appreciate that. Gina's Kelly would have happened upon a baby and passed it off as Kevin's out of convenience, not go out of her way to deceive. 

• Members

Yeah, but they would've needed to change her name.  "Jan" sounds soooo old lady and reminds me too much of "Jan Brady." Which would have been VERY unfortunate had she MARRIED a Brady.

Please register in order to view this content

Archived