GH January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finally caught up on last week ...

I found Kim and Julian and Finn and Alexis sort of interesting. But chemistry? I don't know if I saw it. I was so bored having Kim and Julian talking for an hour about an espresso machine. I just wasn't into them. But it could be my hatred for Julian and smug deVry lol. Maybe if he hadn't held a knife to a woman's throat I'd be a little more onboard for a redemption arc. I'm also not sold on Finn and Anna either. It's weird, I don't hate them but I'm not very interested. Probably because I find Finn to be a waste. Cynical Finn and Alexis could be entertaining I suppose.

I like the Charlie's Pub set. I was tired of the Floating Rib set. I welcome the break from it.

I really think Shelly and Chris are trying. I like how better integrated Ned, Laura, Kevin, Monica and Bobbie feel on the canvas. I like Ned vs. Laura for mayor. A lot of potential there.

The problem is the show trying to make certain characters work when they don't (Finn, Julian, Nina, Franco). Nina doesn't bother me a ton anymore and her with Valentin helps but still ... The problem is we have a bunch of soap refugees as characters who are very loosely defined. IDK. I'm just struggling to get into them because they feel forced on me. Tamara's kind of annoying me with how she's playing Kim. I'm ready for the crazy to come out LOL. It feels like it's lurking deep deep down. I grew to like Jordan and Curtis and Ava (and even Andre) because they didn't feel forced (and the actors help).

I feel like Anna is on borrowed time. Are they going with Finn/Anna or writing Anna out because of her fear of Faison? I saw a blind item that said an icon from a soap and an eye candy are leaving. I've been hearing Ryan Paevey is out (aw, let me go shed a tear -- NOT) and Anna/Finola seems to stick out to me the most with how the canvas is shaking out.

Obviously Peter is Faison's other son. I like that it's tying a lot of people together. I could care less about Nathan finding out his father is Faison though. I really hope Nathan gets offed in this storyline. Or are they writing out Kirsten Storms too? Nathan and Maxie go into a life of hiding? I have a hard time seeing them let Storms go.

Spinelli is so exhausting. Why is he back? Lawd. At least Bradford looks like he lost a little weight and he has a haircut so that's a plus. I swear he doesn't seem to age much lol. I always love seeing Diane and her one-liners towards Ava and her reactions to Jason and Sonny.

I liked the Carly/Josslyn stuff. The kid playing Oscar needs some coffee before going on but I like him. Joss and Oscar aren't setting the screen on fire but they feel like believable teens to me and I liked Oscar bonding with Drew.

Overall I'm liking the show. It's nothing earth-shattering but it's got some potential.

I may post more thoughts later.

• Members

It’s really bugging me they haven’t played that angle with either Carly or Sonny...I’m still bothered on how Sonny sort of pressed Oscar for details on why he was so interested in Seeing Drew for questions, in that condescending way he does, and they haven’t really had scenes since....Sonny/Jason/Spinelli scenes make me cringe....

I’m still thinking that once Drew and Oscar fully bond, he’s (Oscar) gonna get accidentally shot or something thanks to Sonny or Jason and Drew is gonna go after them...unless the show would just cover that up too because it seems that they are the “heroes” of the show 🙄🙄🙄

• Members

To me, it is not surprising at all that Carly has paid no attention to Drew being Oscar's dad because ever since Jason returned, she has effectively forgotten that Drew even exists!   At least to me, when the character insists that she is Drew's true friend, I want to barf.  No friendships thrive on neglect, and that is what I'd like to see played between Drew and Carly.  She has been no friend to him at all.  What has she REALLY done for Drew lately?  I think it would be fun if the two became enemies, at least for awhile.

• Members

Yep, she tossed him aside and hasn't looked back. I feel like maybe it's just an oversight on the writers but maybe it's also deliberate that Carly is ignoring Drew as Oscar's parent. I'm guessing they'll play it once Oscar inevitably gets shot or hurt. And then we'll be told ad nauseum how Sonny and Jason have a code, they're good people (like Dante just said to Nathan, totally glossing over the real criminal his father Sonny is, and while Sonny is nowhere near Faison, still ...), and Drew is in the wrong for being so angry. Sound about right @YRfan23?

• Members

I just don't see why Carly would have much of a need for Drew.  She has told anyone who would listen that Drew is a great guy who took care of her and all of them and truly loves Sam, but the Carly we know can't see much outside of Jason.  I think Carly and Drew could be cool with each other, but he's been such a bitch and pissed at anyone who accepted Jason.  He was mad at CarScum because they accepted their friend back.  He hasn't made a whole lot of sense in any of this!  

Carly didn't toss Drew aside.  She merely acknowledged that Drew wasn't Jason a lot sooner than he would have liked.  As for the Oscar thing, I doubt any thought past giving 2 newbies (Oscar and Kim) loads of airtime and POV is going to happen.  

Should Carly be torn over Drew and Jason as her bestie?  Why?  

• Members

He was mad because they treated him like dog-[!@#$%^&*] lol he has every right to feel like they abandoned him because they did. I don't necessarily think CarScum deliberately turned on Drew but the whole thing could use a better explanation.

No, she shouldn't be torn.

• Members

Yep I agree!!....it just annoys me that between the Oscar stuff, and also The fact that Carly was technically the one who messed up things with Liz/Drew because she insisted Drew had to be Jason back then (even if Liz kept it a secret herself) and then we have the fact that Jason still doesn’t know A.J came back and Sonny killed him...the show really wants to portray Sonny and Carly as the snarling hypocrites they are!! :/

Archived