DAYS: January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

With the Winter Olympics coming soon, I have to ask: how will NBC handle the DAYS during the Winter Olympics? Basically are they gonna just preempt it till the Olympics are over, or are they gonna upload it to NBC.com every day to keep the story going?

This the first Olympics since I came back to DAYS, so I’m clueless to how they handle DAYS during Olympic periods 

• Members

Of all of the black characters on the show, Abe is the only one who has a real inner life, and that's a huge problem. You could swap out Val, Lani, and Eli for any generic character of any color, and the stories would feel the same. Theo was at least an interesting concept hampered by a green actor in KP, and RC is shipping him out.

• Members

Val, Lani and Eli should be *so* much more as characters.

We rarely see Val and Abe together having a deep conversation. We don't really see Val involved in the Eli/Lani thing (yet, I guess). We know Abe likes Eli and they played it here and there but there should be more. There needs to be more depth added.

• Members

I actually pity Lani. She didn't know whether JJ/Gabi were sleeping together and she made one mistake. What I don't like was JJ bullying her out of an abortion as a way to absolve his guilt for the Theo thing. Why must a woman's reproductive choices be influenced by a man? This is why soaps are on life support. Seriously? Lani is a cop and looked stable in her career. She didn't need a reminder of a mistake which ultimately could be pointed back to JJ's poor choices. 

Archived