DAYS: January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's been a shitty mess for so long, that I can't be interested in trying to wait. Plus which, the fact that I pretty much hate every character on the show doesn't help. Right now, DAYS is an amalgamation of everything I have always hated. I can't even get through an episode without a very vocal groan. It's really sad because DAYS was MY SHOW, and now I am really starting to hate it.

• Members

Catching up on the last few episodes

The Will/Paul kiss was hot.

Please register in order to view this content

Sonny is so [!@#$%^&*] pushy. Lawd.

Loved Marlena and Will

I really don't care for DAYS doing business stories, especially since we don't see any real offices.

LOVE seeing Vivian again. Louise looks great. I think I can enjoy Tyler as Stefan. I just don't care about DiMera Enterprises. Or stupid ass Gabi Chic. I mean, that's one of the dumbest names ever and these companies falling all over themselves for it is ridiculous.

Eve and Brady have potential I suppose. I like darker Brady, but I don't know that I see any real chemistry between them, and the type of scenes they've had should OOOZE chemistry. Am I alone here?

Tired of Ciara yelling at everyone but the actress remains having potential, IMO. I also hate Rafe so Ciara hating him makes me love her even more. Hope trying to play cop with Vivian made me LOL. Hope is such a shell of who she used to be. It's sad.

Eric and Jennifer are adorable. I do think they have some chemistry and I like them together because I like both of them but I just don't know that I can invest in them because there's nothing really there and nothing about them screams 'long term' to me.

Oh, almost forgot, I liked the Chloe and Stefan interaction. I wish he'd go after her instead of the current drip named Abigail. Mansi's Abby and Tyler Christopher could have been good. Ron must be so bored with Abby (and with Marci having had scenes with Marlena and Laura coming back for a visit ...) it's only a matter of time before she has a split personality or something. But I think Stefan is being wasted on this version of Chabby.

Also loved Chloe calling it "The Sami Brady Paternity Lab". LMAO.

And I enjoyed Vivian pointing out how Kate favors Chad as a son when she treats Philip, Lucas and Austin like losers. SO true (although Kate never really treated Austin like a loser that I recall). I have to say Vivian's entrance has at least been entertaining.

But I agree the pacing feels off (the episode guarantees/block taping are not being handled correctly IMO). The energy is low. Scenes don't feel grand anymore. The lighting is terrible at times. Among other issues. It's sad.

• Members

Is Ron a writer that would adjust story if two characters not planned to be paired had chemistry?  Chloe and new guy had a spark I thought when interacting.

I think new Abby could play fragile and crazy better then Mansi.

And try ad I might, kassie just isn't Eve..not the original version so popular in the 80s and early 90s.  I will say that I thought kassie's Eve had chemistry with Justin when they were paired.

• Members

I don’t think the guys look disgusted. I think they’re smirking and smiling through scenes makes them seem amused — like Beavis and Butthead snorting over some fart joke.

i don’t include Christopher Sean here. He always seems invested in his scenes. Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith cannot get through one episode without breaking and doing the smirk or amused thing. I hate that, and I’m starting to get offended by it.

i feel like I’m watching two straight guys making fun of the gay guys they’re playing. I see it as immature and ignorant.

To be fair, CM does it in scenes with other actors, too. He CAN do good work, but he’ll never get other roles because he can’t even live this one. Freddie is lousy, period.

• Members

For me, it's the fact that we've been down this road before with Brady, with Teresa and Kristen(Madison too?). We know how it starts and how it ends, so there's no shock value or investment in Eve and Brady from me. 

Didn't Ron have a character on OLTL or GH pull a strand of hair off another character for a DNA test? 

And the Eve/Brady scenes in bed reminded me of the somewhat risque Dorian/David scenes he would have on OLTL

Vivian/Stefan are holding my interest, due to the simple fact that I like them putting the DiMera family in their place, and I'm liking Will/Sonny/Paul because Sonny is so unlikeable right now and he's the one being left out in the cold. Actually, there are very few characters that I find likable right now....

• Members

Today's show was a bore. They already have Stefan appearing more than Vivian. I don't care for Stefan. I want to see Vivian and not him. He has no history on the show.

I feel the same about the Will/Sonny/Paul storyline.  I am really hoping Will and Paul are the endgame after some last minute changes from Ron Carlivati.  I don't want to see a Will and Sonny pairing anymore.

• Members

+2.....

Please register in order to view this content

I wouldn't have minded if the casting of Stefan been better and the story actually had some story to it. Not just BAM the takeover happen. Having Kate talk about it for the billionth time doesn't count. Someone please give Ron Carlivati a DVD copy of Douglas Marland's take over story of Lucinda's company ASAP!

• Members

Ron has Nicolas Cassaline as Stefano's kid AND someone who has taken over because Chad over extended the company.  You don't need both. A character unrelated to most of the canvas would have been just fine. A wealthy villain dethroning the Dimeras was more than sufficient. The kid of Stefano has been done to death and was unnecessary. Had Nic come in and fought for his birthright...this would be a totally different story.  Ron doing too much.  

And I'm not even going discuss the fact that Kate walking in with paternity results was THE most ridiculous thing!  They went to the hospital together and made sure the results would not be manipulated, yet someone who has a stake in this delivers the results by herself?  Who tf thinks of this dumb chit?!!!!!

Archived