DAYS: January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just saw Wednesday's episode

Will & Paul

Please register in order to view this content

Sonny needs to go away and return to England for good!

Loved Brady calling him a loser.

I hope Ron changes course and the endgame becomes Will and Paul and not Will and Sonny that was planned.

Thursday's show

BORING

The highlight was JJ shirtless.

And why is Lani still lying about her pregnancy? She and JJ had already broken up. Eli cheated on Gabi and that's it. Lani should've told JJ is wasn't his from the beginning. There is no story here besides Eli not telling Gabi he cheated on her.

• Members

I still find the pacing of this show so slooooow. I expected more from Ron after watching OLTL with him at the helm. Some days (pun intended) are boring as Hell. 

I barely like Lani before but this pregnancy story has made me dislike her more. She should have cut J.J. off from the beginning and told him the truth than to drag this out. It just makes it even more cruel. 

This Andre murder is a mess. It seems like someone shouted out "let's kill Andre" in last minute story meeting and now they are trying to recon the events for it. I'm curious about the Anna and John connections but they are so muddled in with the rest that it's hard to watch. 

I still can't get behind Brady and Eve. Maybe because I have never liked Brady and Eve works better away from the Kiriakis clan. I'd prefer watching an Eve/Kate rivalry. 

How much, if at all, does Days get sidelined for the Olympics? Right now, there is nothing enticing me to have to watch. I'm afraid if it's off the air for a bit it will lose what little gains in viewers Ron has gotten back. 

• Members

This. I assumed he'd do some things f I really wouldn't like, but I never thought I'd be so bored with his stuff. Certainly, Ron's not being helped by a larger-than-usual collection of charisma-free actors, but I can't believe this is really his vision playing out on screen.

• Members

There is more potential to Paul/Will then with Paul/Sonny or Will/Sonny.  I could see (had the show invested in good writing) having Will remember Sonny.. but realizing he no longer loves Sonny and admits that he confused friendship/support for love.. when he truly wasn't passionately in love with Sonny (Will after all is Sami and Luca's kid.. so it would make sense he would crave drama and excitement given his DNA plus the back and forth custody between his parents growing up).

• Members

It took him about 5 months or so before I thought his GH was really firing.  Wrapping up inherited stuff, then getting his feel for the show.  It was also kind of boring at first, with some forced pairings and boring new characters.  By the end of his run it was terrible bananas.  So it could be worse.

Also- that production model.  I’m sure he especially needs less time between writing to screen to see what is working.

Archived