Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was what two months ago? Clearly, it was set-up as a plot-point - and a very bad one at that. In addition to voiding the previous documents (and getting a restraining order against Graham), due to Dina's diagnosis, the conversation about having one (or all) of her children appointed as health-care and/or financial guardians should have happened. Dina (like my mother) could've rejected it - and that would be a great material about personal choices of one's future. Of course, I don't have to deal with a gold-digger staking a claim. Haha 

MY needs to get a clue, Dina as the Grande Dame of GC would be a far better use of MA than this 'personal' story. It would be so different if the actor wasn't amazing and the character full of rich "real" history with ties to so many characters/families on-screen. The beauty of Dina is that she had a whole other life in Paris that could be mined for stories for years. 

• Members

I think aspects of the show are good. I like the increase in conflict. Many of the characters are more interesting to me.  Dina's story is a mockery though.  Not only is her disease progressing too quickly, but making her an arsonist and a kidnapper?

Please register in order to view this content

No. Way more likely she would drive her car through Crimson Lights storefront and wonder why the breaks weren't working no matter how hard she pressed.

• Members

+1

I'm really really disappointed they're wasting Dina on the alzheimer's story.

Is the actress who plays Sharon's mother still alive? They could have had Doris develop it as Sharon goes on a search for her father. Sharon takes on the care of her mother while trying to find her father. I get why MY chose Dina, I just don't like it.

Imagine if Jeanne Cooper were still alive, he'd probably have it be Katherine.

And sadly, I also have to agree he's hellbent on doing this. I haven't seen this weeks episodes so I don't know why Graham is back but why bring him back? Is Dina going to croak soon? I keep waiting for the dreaded day I read "Marla Adams Out"

I feel similarly. I like some of the conflict and some of the set up of that conflict but the one episode a day thing kind of ruins momentum to me. It actually wasn't a big deal to me at first, sometimes I didn't even pay enough attention to think about it being a new day, and I don't actually hate the idea, it's the execution of said idea that's slightly failing.

I don't love that the show feels like the women are all catty bitches to each other and the men are calling the shots and seem to be leading things. I know some will see it as 'strong' but I don't need a catfight to know a woman is strong.

I agree on the Dina story. I appreciate MY wanting to bring awareness to it, but I don't think he's really doing that, even if a lot of it is sadly accurate. Marla Adams was the perfect person to fill the void left by Katherine (and NO ONE can "replace" Katherine or Jeanne Cooper but MA fits perfectly in that similar role) and they're wasting it.

• Members

I disagree.  It should have been the FIRST thing they did.  They didn't even know she had Alzheimers when they brought her back.  Why didn't they take her to see Michael upon return and put a stop to Graham's meddling?

Archived