Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since when has being crappy ever stopped folks from getting writing and POV? We sat through near bout a year of Daniel Hall. 

CF is horrid. But RA and BJ are at least servicable. MiM is at least adequate. But none of their characters had independent POV in this story that didn't spin around Mariah. If Devon and Hilary have another conversation about Mariah and Tessa that doesnt include some POV about their own feelings and life, I'm gonna write a scathing snail mail letter. Someone here will be so proud. You know who you are. 

Please register in order to view this content

I'll just be glad when this is over. Hopefully, things change. But I won't hold my breath since the writing is on the wall to make her even more vital to Devon's orbit. 

• Members

Hilary is the villain/interloper, albeit not as overt as before, to Cane and Lily's reunion. They are using her to get folks to root for Lily and cane to reunite. 

The threat of Hilary being with Cane and a mother to Sam if lily doesn't "straighten up" and accept Sam is the story. Despite Hilary saying she doesn't want Cane and shown to be mostly about the baby, that's still the beat being played. TPTB Just can't help themselves from continually throwing Hilary under the bus.

This is an entirely different complaint from that Mariah crap and no less annoying. But you're right, Devon and Hilary just can't win and they can't buy a story that's not designed to showcase and star someone else as protagonist. Even the glorified day player Jordan felt more like the protagonist in his exit story with Hilary. Terrible. 

• Members

Also it's not as if Devon & Noah weren't already good friends AND had a history of making music together anyway.

You could even further integrate Sharon into the story since she genuinely cares for ALL parties involved (except maybe Hilary) as a community confidant & Abby who has complicated relationships with most of those characters too instead of wasting her in pointless scenes with Scotty.

• Members

@DeeDee You make a good point - I was hoping we'd see scenes where Sharon was conflicted about Mariah's feelings and Noah's relationship, etc. Maybe I missed it, but it seemed like it was written that Sharon knew, supported Mariah with Noah was a complete afterthought - almost like a neighbor's kid - not her precious son. After all, if it weren't for Noah's birth and illness, Cassie/Mariah wouldn't exist! 

• Members

Exactly! There was tons of meaty material for Sharon Case to dig into in this story & at this point there's no logical reason why Noah is a total non entity in a story that should be as much about him as it is about Mariah.

Unfortunately Y&R keeps Noah (and Sharon) in permanent stasis because they refuse to acknowledge their ridiculous mistake of betting the proverbial farm on Morrow.

• Members

A frat boy who goes around town doing nothing and living in other people's houses with no job or direction in his life. Has meaningless relationships. Applies to both father and son.

Oh wait they both co-run a burnt bar!!

And Morrow appears more than TV son.

• Members

You missed nothing. Noah didn't signify to Sharon. He was treated as the child of a family friend. 

Why is Tessa written this way. She's telling a bold face lie. It'd be more palatable if she had a talk to so that she could explain her POV.  That's severely lacking here. But again, only Mariah is allowed that. 

What is Jack going to do without his mommy? I wouldn't trust Abby to care for Dina. Glad Tracy went. 

How many men will Victoria move into her house? I understand JT is an ex and a child's father but he doesn't know Katie or Johnny. She's written terribly. But I guess it's so Billy can be right. 

• Members

@ajsp35801 The JT/Victoria move-in has to be short-term for obvious reasons. I think you hit it - Billy-I-told-you-so and a reboot of making Phyllis insecure as Billy 'is there' for Victoria to pick-up the pieces of her always shattered life. I think a JT/Phyllis secret fling thrown in would've accomplished so much more - plus the heat between TL/GT would've been worth watching. 

Sending Dina to Paris - I assume temporarily is an interesting choice. This is where they can pull the "Empire" and restore Dina's health. I "love" how Dina permitted to escape all accountability for multiple crimes - at least two of which are felonies.... 

Archived