Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No to he Vicky/JT instaromance.  Whatever happened to story? Now he's moving in...

I can see Lily resenting Sam's presence. At least that might be slightly interesting.

Tessa's song ...blah.

Hillary's sudden baby-rabies...   8000 other story possibilities. There are enough children/babies on the show now.

I wanna see Mariah go in on Tessa.

Sidenote... does anyone else see a resemblance between Cait Fairbanks and Jenica Bergere (Kathy)?   Not trying to create any story, but I can't help seeing the similarity.

• Members

So odd to me how TPTB insist on keeping Mariah tied to Devon and Hilary. Her year having to be an employee at GC Buzz is coming up soon. So I guess they are positioning her to tied in another way. But I wouldn't put it past them to not only have her her as Hillary's co-host and simultaneously having her as Devon's only song writer. 

Note how Devon's music business went into hibernation until it was time for Mariah and Tessa to get story again.

Meanwhile, Noah does nothing. Would it kill them to spread the wealth? Why not have him as a songwriter instead of having Mariah pull quadruple duty. 

• Members

I'm hoping that the Mariah explosion and betrayal will lead to a return to the street-smart, man-stealing/stalking faux-ghost, Nick-flirting grifter Mariah instead of the milquetoast victim Cassiah stuff CG has been given during the past couple of years. 

• Members

It won't. Even now, after she's done both Noah and Devon wrong, the writers have positioned Devon and Noah to be the villains in this reveal. At the end of the day, they'll be apologizing to her for Tessa's treachery. Mariah is the victim. She will take zero heat for her wrongdoing. 

If they wanted to write for Noah in the story, they very well could. But apparently, giving him point of view and something to do takes away from Mariah's airtime. Telling a complete, rch, and compelling story comes secondary to her shine. 

You're not going to tell me that incorporating Noah into this story wouldn't have made it richer. Developing Noah and Tessa as a couple would have made this story and fall out more compelling. Developing a friendship with Devon and Noah would have made this story more compelling. Developing a friendship with Noah and Hillary, having them possibly poised to be paired up after the fall out, would have made this story richer. Giving Tessa more of a point of view herself would have made the story more compelling.  But no, most of what we got was just Mariah's point of view. Mariah's pain. Mariah's confusion. Mariah's feelings. No one else or anything else signified. 

I mean, Devon and Mariah broke up. She had 98% of the dialogue. That was months ago, and we still don't know how Devon feels about it. We know how Mariah feels though. 

Archived