Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, but there is a pretty big leap between threatening to stab people and actually stabbing someone, committing arson, kidnapping and murder.  It's just making it into a bit of a farce for me. Not that soap has to be realistic, but I would just like a little more when they tackle such a pervasive issue.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since we were told this was about MY's mother having Alzheimer's and his wanting to share the story, are we to assume this is how she acted?  I'm sorry, but Dina's rapid-fire quick-jaunt from the Abbott house to burn down that crummy Underground set, stabbing Nikki, kidnapping Nick's kid and murdering Graham could all be reflective of dear old  mom, he must have had his hands full....

• Members

I know this is going to sound really radical, but to me having only one elder woman on the canvas, and giving her Alzheimer's to boot is akin to having only one gay character on canvas and giving him a deadly STD. The elder woman being on a killing spree adds insult to injury. That's why the story is offensive to me.

• Members

That makes complete sense. The timing is right - she gave birth six weeks ago. It's kind of the way they had to rewrite all the KSW scenes because of his unexpected lewve with Bryton taking those scenes, even though Devon has no real PR knowledge. 

It seems like Scott, Tessa and Graham are getting exits. So with the exception of the legacy children, that pretty much clears all the SSM creations. The Worm and Dina predate SSM with the original casting so that gives MY a clean canvas. 

• Members

Honestly, I thought that song was a big fat nothingburger. Just nothing special about it at all.

LOL You sure have the hammer ready to bash Josh Morrow — even when he doesn’t appear. 

Send a memo to Robert Adamson while you’re at it. At least Cane looks good n clothes. Noah is a pudge machine.

• Members

And I'll be the first to admit, I'm probably just jealous. I wish the couples that I loved growing up had that kind of prolonged airtime, few obstacles and always ended up together. Those fans are lucky.

I recall a time where it would be months, even years, before a resolution was in sight. You're always waiting for that payoff and while I've always disliked the term 'end game' when it comes to this genre, it's something every fan wants.

Archived