cassadine1991

Y&R January 2018 Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, slick jones said:

The revolving door from Juliet and the Bros to 2 men and a baby to frat house to Charlie and Mattie staying to going to Drain chasing Lily in Parijs...I guess it's nice to see the Chancellor set, but with no Chancellor's there, (Mac, Chance, Nina, Philip---even  Ronan), it's just another set...

Hopefully Devon's story starts picking up with the new musical characters, but I'm not holding my breath. Isn't it time for Tessa to go on tour and not return?

I do like the addition of people with no money.   Imagine...poor people in Genoa City!  The town that both Mac and Devon began in shelters...  

Devon is a Chancellor and they won't even let him visit.

Are AH and TL actually divorced or did they reconcile.  There's not enough money on earth to get me to do sex scenes with my ex-husband.

15 minutes ago, SteelCity said:

Is Anyone at all invested Cane and Lily?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz....I can't believe they are wasting all this airtime with their reunion. They suck!

26 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

Uh is Graham going to die?! Great cliffhanger with the Abbott kids figuring things out and then Dina winning the struggle.

So the vile will have two fingerprints....Ashley and Dina's.

17 minutes ago, SteelCity said:

My hope is this means they'll be thrown on the back burner as a result and we'll only see them sparingly. Dare to dream? 

17 hours ago, slick jones said:

I for one am glad we've been blessed with more Traci. While Ash is aloof

and Jack is yelling, Traci's heart is holding the Abbott's together, as it should be.....

I wish they would keep her long term. She is just the kind of character this soap is missing. 

24 minutes ago, Juliajms said:

I wish they would keep her long term. She is just the kind of character this soap is missing. 

I am sure she is willing to although she would have to relocate. I know she stays with her TV mom when taping.

1 hour ago, Soapsuds said:

I am sure she is willing to although she would have to relocate. I know she stays with her TV mom when taping.

I'm pretty sure she has said on twitter that she would love to come back full time. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm always going to hold out hope.  Maternal sounding boards are the bread and butter of soap. I just wish TPTB would see that and act accordingly.

2 hours ago, Juliajms said:

She truly makes the family feel complete. I was initially worried we wouldn’t see much of her.

2 hours ago, Juliajms said:

I'm pretty sure she has said on twitter that she would love to come back full time. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm always going to hold out hope.  Maternal sounding boards are the bread and butter of soap. I just wish TPTB would see that and act accordingly.

Beth was asked that several times during her live Facebook chat. I am sure Mal was listening because she has been on more but is still on recurring.

2 hours ago, Antoyne said:

She truly makes the family feel complete. I was initially worried we wouldn’t see much of her.

You're absolutely correct. One of the things that made Y&R work during the 80s/early 90s was the complete Abbott family - John as the anchor and the 3 adult children. Een though there was conflicts within the family - it was never Newman-like hate. Y&R hasn't had that since Traci left and John killed off - all the other families are a fractured and scattered mess. Y&R can remedy that with even a permanently recurring BM and having had Graham drugging Dina, so that she's not sick. 

11 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

Tessa must DIE.

+1.  And +1 again.

6 hours ago, SteelCity said:

This Paris reunion stuff was crap. To have Lily tell Abby how much she wants Cane, only then to act sullen and tell him no, before changing her mind and kissing him...just GAG ME writing.

And no, constant “Paris is beautiful” lines don’t work when they’re clearly in a studio.

I’ll pay Mal if those were Scott exit scenes. He traveled to France to apologize to Abby? And she talked Victor into “selling” Hashtag to Scott for no money down...just because? 

Thanks for more more scenes showing us what scum Scott is and how dumb Abby is.