Y&R Early 2018 spoilers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay that part of yeah...that was forced. lol. 

But I did feel scattered in all that arguing there were moments where they slooooooooooowwwly got to know little things about each other...while still off in their own (or other people's) plots versus BOOM!!! THERE IT IS. THE NEW SUPERCOUPLE HAS ARRIVE and all that nonsense.

• Members

Well, that's true. It's definitely been slow and fans were given a chance  to truly invest. Too bad DH's Scott just isn't worth the paper the character is  written on. If he had a modicum of charisma and they had a mustard seed of chemistry, they'd be the next big thing. Since they don't, they aren't. 

• Members

1. Everyone knew Victor/Nikki would get back together. This is why I hate them having a rift b/c they'll eventually slap them back together. After this go round, their union needs to be permanent and the 2 characters need to cease having romantic stories with anyone else. 

2. This is why I didn't want Sharon to get a man b/c I knew she'd get the short end of the stick. Sharon will be made nuts again with Abby being the victim. 

Please register in order to view this content

This is why I wanted Sharon to take a year (or 2) off from romancing and to fix herself up. Her stories should've been her going to therapy, reestablishing herself professionally, and looking for her biological father, which unraveled into something chaotic. Those should've been her story arcs. 

3. Lily/Cane reunion... meh. Cane was so good this year. Why pair him back with Lily so quickly? They should've explored the tension he had with Victoria. 

4. I am all for Hilary/Devon reuniting but I hope the story actually goes somewhere. Hilary is too vibrant of a character, and Devon has so much story potential. Why sleep on these 2 characters?! 

5. If Jill is back to team up with Jack to sever Billy/Phyllis, I'd prefer Jill stay away. She can offer so much more than just being there to bust up Billy's relationships and be Victoria's biggest cheerleader. I need Jill back up in Jabot if anything. 

6. Lastly, where's the story for Noah? Mariah? Neil? Paul? Christine? Lauren? Why keep these characters if there's gonna be no story for them?

• Members

Couples on Y&R have some unfortunate nicknames.

It's such a shame that children of legacy-type characters have no story. Noah and Mariah should be front and center, much like Nick and Sharon were at their age. It would make sense to have Kyle on the canvas, but they've tried a bunch of times. He should come back with a chip on his shoulder, maybe wanting to be a business mogul himself and trying to go toe-to-toe with his father. 

• Members

I don't even think any writer has really tried with Kyle. They'd be interested in him for five secs and them toss him aside when they lose interest.

So mind boggling how they dropped the ball on him when it came to him/Nikki after she killed Diane. It p*ssed me off how they had Kyle be mad at Nikki for a millisecond and then go on to forget this woman murdered his mother. That's something I'd imagine would stick with someone forever. It shouldn't be a moment passing by where he isn't taking a shot of Nikki for killing his mother. 

Also, I feel like Kyle has been sadly latched to Summer and when she's of importance to whomever is at helm then Kyle somewhat is. No writer has never really developed him outside of that pairing, which is sad. I feel like (as you said), Kyle should be the modern day version of young Jack. Not Billy. Kyle should be the constant screwup that keeps Jack on his toes at all times. Kyle should be the one right now trying to wrest Jabot (w/ Abby) from Jack and Ashley. 

Noah is another one who is criminally underdeveloped. He (too) should be a bed hopping cad with a long list of women as notches on his belt. IMO, Chelsea should be his current conquest. I've been said that Noah ought to get back into photography and is assigned to be Chelsea's photographer for her line, which needs to go back to being a subsidiary to Newman Enterprises. Eventually, the 2 need to start banging behind Nick's back for a long time before Nick finds out and it results in something chaotic. 

• Members

Of all the grown-up Kyles, I thought Blake Hood showed the most promise. He had charisma, even when they tried to do the whole Mrs. Robinson thing with Phyllis, which you're right -- was an arc that lasted a short while and then was dropped like a hot potato. I forget the reasoning for it. He fit well into the role. It's a shame TPTB let him go in favour of Hartley Swayer. 

Kyle was raised by his mother and by all accounts, Jack was involved very little in his life, especially during the formidable teenage years. That alone is a reason for resentment. I distinctly remember young Kyle being into hockey and other sports. Certainly, there would be a void there without a father around. Not sure if that's when Victor was trying to weasel himself in, too.

And as you mentioned, his mother was killed by Nikki. If the writers would've properly invested in that recent Jack/Nikki redux, the possibilities would be endless if Kyle returned and wanted to avenge his mom's death.

• Members

I am one of the few that liked Maura West on Y&R, even though she was way too young for the role, and they treated her appallingly. The death was just so nasty and voyeuristic with Diane floating about in that pond in a mini-skirt and those beige platform heels, bordering on sex crime territory. And everybody on canvas was just treating it like "whatever" on-screen, glad the b*tch is gone. Even Jack breaking the news to Kyle about his mother was jarring and rushed.

Diane should never have been recast from Alex Donnelley imo, but they were desperate to make Diane younger for whatever reason, perhaps to appease PB's ego at the time? Just speculating.

P.S.: It drives me crazy with these spoilers that Y&R is now a soap that panders to couple fanbases. Not only does the show have the most boring couples in soapdom (Lane? Scabby? Chick? Villy? Philly? All these pairings are a snoozefest), but Y&R was never built to be about supercouples forever and ever the way GH and Days were. The show had romance, yes, but no pairing was 100% safe, and romance was but one thread of many exploring all kinds of different relationships -- and the strength was usually in familial relationships or work alliances. Y&R was never a romance show like that, and now it is bogged down with showing these boring pairings treading water through each standalone, non-soapy -cliffhanger episode.

• Members

Alex Donnelley and Susan Walters were the ideal versions of Diane. Maura West, as talented as she is, was miscast in that role. Perhaps they felt that's the only way that Nick would be hooking up with her? I hadn't heard that she was treated poorly. That's shameful.

It was cartoonish, for the lack of a better word, how Diane's murder was approached. Those flashbacks with the rock and swampy pond thing were cringe-worthy. And they were played over and over and over...

The more I think about it, the more I do want a brash Kyle back. Someone needs to show up, kick ass and take names in Genoa City.

Archived