Y&R: Fire Mal Young!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL seriously?

MY has been producer for how long? He was the problem just like Sussman.

Right now, aside from some little things, I'm not too bothered by him. But I know that will probably change when he starts throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. I don't think he has any longterm vision for the show and he'll crumble at some point.

• Members

I think the show looks great but we need a writer.  I don't think being HW is going to be Mal's strong suit.  But I do think the show looks good. 

We just don't really have any 'story' on "the stories" as my Mom and grandmothers used to call them.  Nothing that I really care about anyway.  Scott falls flat (I haven't seen anyone post here yet that they love the character).  I wish they'd write Hilary as something more than a 1 note 8itch.  I don't love the GC Buzz stuff with the Hilary hour - I just think it gives them more reason to continually have her dig up secrets and be nasty to people and I'd like to see something different from the character than that. 

That sex trafficking storyline - eeeesh it was not good.  Underground Fire - who cares.  I almost wish we had a return of some characters from the past with history that would make the show look or feel more relatable.  I was thinking the other day about Paul's partner in investigations - Andy.  Or Lynn his administrative assistant.  I know it's stupid but there are characters like that (the Lynne, Esther types of characters) where even if they're not doing anything, it's nice to see them pass by or have a line here or there.  That's what I remember most about the soaps I knew and loved growing up - a whole canvas of people, that if I were traveling, or away from family, you could turn on the show and it seemed like home/family.  I don't have that feeling about any of the shows now. 

• Members

CBS is just determined to kill this show.  To have 4-5 million viewers and continually screw up the creative staff picks is just absurd.  The show needs a complete overhaul; there is nothing that works well right now.  No one has a compelling story and the way Mal starts each episode as a new day, nothing really happens.  There's no incentive to tune in each day.  It's all so predictable.  It already feels as bad as Sussman's worst period (the whole 11 months).

• Members

Jamey blocked me when I complained about sally Sussman...LOL.  Well it's odd that Mal would remove the title from his bio under his twitter pic.  I wonder if he was canned just before the break.  Aren't they bringing in Lisa De Cozzatte as EP ?  I liked Mal on twitter but his version of YR is horrible.   

Archived