Sign in to follow this  
amybrickwallace

TV commercials we hate

2 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Geico and Progressive. And to a lesser extent, Allstate. I don’t remember insurance companies being this aggressive years ago.

Just be glad Liberty Mutual has seemingly dialed back its campaigns.

Me either. When I was growing it up it was mostly grocery items like food, gum, soda, dish detergent, laundry soap, furniture polish etc...now it's mostly car insurance 24/7. I read that after it was mandated that every driver by law had to have insurance, Geico amped it up doing their stupid little comedy ads and all other insurance agencies jumped on the bandwagon to compete with them. I hate how Geico claims they will save people 15% or more on their insurance. All insurance companies follow a set rate and they will not cut their own throat just to get you as a customer. I still say Geico will have a scandal at some point. 

I also hate now in every commercial they have some dork looking at and swiping their phone showing a downloadable app or saying hashtag this and hashtag that. Most of the time spokes person doesn't even look up. It's just a camera pointed at them looking down at their phone.  People are too connected to that thing. No wonder there are so many car accidents. I have almost been killed several times because people are playing with their phone while driving. 

I hate this commercial mainly because of sheer repetition but also because of the last line.

Child, you are what? 18? 20? You know what a goddamn computer is!

9 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Friday (2/9).

oh I know,......just that they played those promos SO MANY TIMES....

Those ads are hard to avoid if one watches NBC Universal properties, but I don’t know how many cross-channel buys they’ve done. The most popular one is skier Mikaela Shiffrin looking seductively into the camera.

I count political ads in here, too. With Ohio set to elect a new governor this year, it will just get worse over the next 6 months. 😠😠😠😠😠

Edited by amybrickwallace

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 8:53 PM, slick jones said:

Anything with Flo. She irks the bleep out of me.

Trust me, the radio ads with Flo that run during the Indians games are even more annoying. 😠😠😠😠😠