DAYS: Louise Sorel Interview

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've listened to all 45 minutes of it...I loved Louise's work in the past...

However, she strikes me as a very difficult person to work with based on her personality. I can't say I blame any producer who has fired her because I'd find her hell to deal with.

Certainly, she is very serious and very dedicated to her work, and has made some of daytime's most memorable scenes, but she is totally inflexible and rigid and brittle. Definitely an opinionated introvert. A tricky personality for anyone to deal with, but in an industry that's only gotten more fast paced, she seems too difficult. 

• Members

Yes. For someone who claims to “need humour” Louise isn’t funny and takes herself really seriously. She refused to answer a number of questions because they were treading into personal territory - except we all know she dated Paul Rauch and that it ended badly. And she was dismissive about the short stint jobs she did at OLTL, PC, AMC and PASS...basically saying she didn’t remember anything about them and that she didn’t want to talk about them.

She was complimentary to John Aniston, David Canary and Joe Mascolo when asked about them. 

I think Louise is essentially a perfectly decent woman whose a bit eccentric and terribly serious about her work, to her own detriment. 

I really did not enjoy the woman I encountered in this interview. She seemed somewhat bitter. Interestingly, she seemed fine with Ken Corday. She also said that daytime isn’t for her anymore. That it is all too fast paced and that she feels she’s lost Vivian’s essence. 

Jeanne Cooper, Darlene Conley, Linda Dano, etc etc etc are all good examples that you can be a great actress and still have a laugh and not be humourless. 

• Members

She played Vivian from 1992 to early 2000. Then returned in 2009 to 2011. I seem to remember them not knowing how to utilize her very well, especially her second year. The stuff with Carly, Melanie etc fell flat, and then the fiasco with Brady locking her in a sarcophagus etc... oy. Fine to do when it was fresh in 1993 and the budget could pull it off. Not so much in dime-store-budget 2010. 

• Members

She said she didn’t want to go on record about Carlivati’s writing and purposely said she wouldn’t comment on it specifically, she later slipped a bit and was slightly critical, but she also said she felt she’d lost the essence of Vivian.

She sounded equal parts tired and arrogant. 

• Members

Refresh my memory...what is the essence of Vivian?  I much liked Vivian best once Lawrence/Carly left the canvas...and her character interacted with others.  Her 2009 to 2011 wasn't a success because the show went back to square 9ne with her vendetta against carly..beinf buried alive..etc.   I thought introducing a long lost son was promising till she got the boot.

• Members

That was the thing about Vivian. As much as we loved the character and Louise Sorel's portrayal, but much of her tenure felt like a state of limbo, as the writers didn't know what to do with her. I didn't see her 1992-early 1995 material, but it sounds a lot more solid and compelling than her later years as Stefano's remote-controlled wife or when she was wearing sheep and french fry outfits, shacking up with Jonesy. Once the Jonesy storyline got decent, they killed him off. 

• Members

She didn’t say why she’s decided to come back, but she said they’d asked her back to increase viewership. They must have paid her some decent money to do it. 

She said her “entrance” was fantastic and that she is part of a big storylines that brings in a lot of the cast. She said she filmed for 4 months. 

• Members

I loved her during the first part of her original run.  She and Adair were great as rivals, and Carly buried alive was great soapy TV.  But I didn’t enjoy her at all once she went full camp.

Didn’t she infamously outwit Reilly?  I seem to recall he was going to write her out but she somehow ended up staying on the show.  He pretty much only used her for camp after, but she kept her job.

Archived