DAYS: Louise Sorel Interview

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Vivian was definitely wasted after 1995.

Her 2009-2011 return was a hot mess.

Good to know she has a fantastic entrance and it involves a lot of the cast. Was she just brought back for a short arc, or was there plans for longer?

I haven't listened to the interview but from others posts it sounds like she's just over it all and her heart may not have been into it.

I'm also curious about what she thinks Vivian's "essence" is. It surely can't be the last half of her original run so I guess it was the first half, up through having Victor and Kate's son Philip and tricking Victor into marrying her.

I was annoyed when they killed off Jonesy. I didn't like the joke that Vivian was made out of with Stefano. There could have been a lot of potential with Vivian and Stefano under a writer who didn't see them as a comic relief or a cartoon villain. It does seem like Reilly maybe was punishing the character of Vivian because he was forced to keep her (if that's true).

So anyway, I wonder what happens in the writing that she's refusing to even comment on Ron LOL. I hope he doesn't kill off Vivian for plot purposes. Maybe that's why she's so miffed and disappointed?

Ron's stories have a tendency to start off well, meander in the middle (where it's like he has ADD and he veers all over the place, wasting some time and opportunities), have a decent resolution (usually) and then no real followup

• Members

I liked the last six months of her original run when she confronted Stefano and divorced him, and later got Victor out of the nursing home and mixed it up with Nicholas, Kate and the Kiriakis clan again.

It was Sally Sussman Morina who wrote most of the Stefano and Vivian stuff when he controlled her with a tooth chip and they got married. A couple of years earlier, when Reilly was writing, Stefano was on the run from the police, he climbed into Vivian's hotel room and suprised her in bed when she was about to finally give Ivan a night of passion. Reilly gave them a backstory as lovers in Europe when Vivian knew him as Rudolpho Meradi.  Then Vivian saw a newspaper and realized he was Stefano DiMera. Stefano later forced Vivian and Ivan to help him leave Salem. A year later he forced them to help Kristen with her schemes.

Your summarization of Ron's stories are spot on!

• Members

Thanks for the refresher on Vivian during 1998-2000. I enjoyed 1999/2000 when she was mixing it up with Nicholas, Kate, Victor. It was the 1998 Sussman stuff I didn't care for (though I started to like the Jonesy angle when he was offed but the Stefano mind control thing was ridiculous, and that's saying something for DAYS). I remember Vivian and Stefano's backstory. I think under competent writers they could have been what the show thought Kate and Stefano would be. (And "on paper" I didn't hate the idea of Kate and Stefano and I can see why they'd be paired but Lauren/Kate always felt more suited to Tony/Thaao. This Tony/Andre hybrid doesn't work for me).

And yeah, I hate being spot on about Ron and his storytelling but I've sat through his OLTL (where he went off the rails) and his GH (where, again, he went off the rails) and the same types of things happen there (story starts well, meanders, concludes fairly well and then no resolution). I think he suits DAYS quite well and I hope having Sheri and Ryan there he's able to be reigned in but Ron's predictable in a lot of ways.

Archived