Jump to content
Edward Skylover

DAYS: December 2017 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Hope/Rafe give me hives. I also hated Safe back in the day but I'd take them any day over Hope and Lunkhead. I feel like Rafe, much like Daniel did, ruins any woman he's paired with. I didn't hate Rafe and Jordan though, or Rafe and Carrie, but there was nothing of substance there though. I also liked his forgotten friendship with Nicole and I also didn't mind him around Kate.  But with Sami and Hope? The pairings don't work for me.

 

I'm totally here for Will and Paul. Loved their scenes together. :wub: Sonny can take a hike. I also really don't care if Will's memory returns. I like this Will so far.

 

Always a bonus seeing Eric :wub:

 

Eric and Paul. So much pretty in one episode.

 

So Chad's now team Paul/Sonny? :rolleyes:

 

I enjoyed Belle/Sami immensely

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will just keep staring at Paul chest. Even after Paul said he was going to get dressed he comes out shirtless. I don't understand why Will kept apologizing to Paul though. They are both gay. Why would Paul mind him staring at his hot body?

 

Sonny is a bore.....

 

 

And it's obvious Will is attracted to Paul and not Sonny. But why was Will so surprised he was married when he knew he was gay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Will just keep staring at Paul chest. Even after Paul said he was going to get dressed he comes out shirtless. I don't understand why Will kept apologizing to Paul though. They are both gay. Why would Paul mind him staring at his hot body?

 

Sonny is a bore.....

 

 

And it's obvious Will is attracted to Paul and not Sonny. But why was Will so surprised he was married when he knew he was gay?

 

I’m there for more shirtless Paul scenes...as many as possible, in fact. 

 

And yeah, Sonny is one colossal bore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chandler has so much more chemistry with the dude who plays Paul than he does with Freddie. I don't care about a WilSon reunion, plus it would be funny as hell if they put Will with Paul instead.

 

I can't wait until I don't have to hear Sami try to justify what she did to Will. I mean I understand her POV but she needs to shut up.

 

How long is Belle back for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Will will be next in a a towel.

 

af1828ce68a6337f11a1f6ae50e510c4--places

11 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

Chandler has so much more chemistry with the dude who plays Paul than he does with Freddie. I don't care about a WilSon reunion, plus it would be funny as hell if they put Will with Paul instead.

 

 

First, flove your Guy Wilson quote "Let the audience do the work for you"....what a dumb statement.....and second I'd love a Paul and Will pairing. We might get it for a while but spoilers on Christmas show....

 

Spoiler

Will and Sonny kissing..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be truly innovative if they just did a Will/Sonny/Paul throuple/poly relationship like these guys. 

 

 

Edited by Faulkner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Would be truly innovative if they just did a Will/Sonny/Paul throuple/poly relationship like these guys. 

 

 

Lawd and the next video is of them trying underwear...LOLOLOL  

 

If you have Will why would you want a third in the picture? I wouldn't....LOL

 

Of the three on that video my fave is the guy on the right with you know shirt...LOL....I think he is adorable....LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Lawd and the next video is of them trying underwear...LOLOLOL  

 

If you have Will why would you want a third in the picture? I wouldn't....LOL

 

Of the three on that video my fave is the guy on the right with you know shirt...LOL....I think he is adorable....LOL

Ha. You have such a type. None of the three really does it for me, but I'd go for far left.

 

It really wouldn't surprise me if Ron went there. He's all but telegraphed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started watching this show in summer 2000 when I was 12-y-o, and once I developed more discerning taste, I realized how monopolizing and awful Shawn & Belle were.  I thought Hogan Sheffer improved them initially, but Philip & Belle were obviously better... but even with how problematic they were, I was shocked when DH fired them.  And when she shockingly brought them back, they were awful... again.  Until they reunited, and I was overcome with nostalgia.  It felt "right."  And it felt so "right" to see them this week.

 

Maybe it's just because it's short-term, but Belle has proven her worth in three days more than Daniel did in years.  RC was heavy-handed with her, but her fight with Sami was classic sisters... but in the quest to make Sami relatable, they went too far when Belle compared her to the DiMeras.  Jim Reilly made them adversarial, but any other time, Belle was pretty sympathetic toward Sami.  To the detriment of Belle's character, too many writers think she's a straight Carrie substitute.  I hope Belle sees Eric.

 

Too bad Shawn has gotten the Lucas treatment the last 10 years.

 

On another note, I disagreed with Christopher Sean's acting choices at first, but those scenes wound up wonderful.  I just love Paul :):):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really appreciated the episode that gave us this

 

bgK7e5w.png

 

It's been really great to have Belle back as I've never seen her before. I like the contrast between her and Sami and it helps enhance the Will story.

 

Victor, Maggie and Brady suck a lot of life out of the show, but I'm not sure if it's mostly Brady and he brings the others down with him.

 

Also, Rafe has no chemistry with anyone. He and Sami literally repel each other their chemistry is so non-existent, but I don't like him and Hope together either. I found Hope interesting for the first time in her scenes with Ciara (other than the 80s stuff I've seen).

Edited by Edward Skylover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Ha. You have such a type. None of the three really does it for me, but I'd go for far left.

 

It really wouldn't surprise me if Ron went there. He's all but telegraphed it.

 

I'm partial to the one on the left too, but the one in the middle's cute too. I'm not as set in my type as a certain @Soapsuds ;) I'd happily be in their relationship :lol:

 

I suggested a throuple as well. It kind of makes sense to me for Paul, Will and Sonny. (Considering they're all more or less in love with each other and have all slept with each other)

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

Really appreciated the episode that gave us this

 

bgK7e5w.png

 

It's been really great to have Belle back as I've never seen her before. I like the contrast between her and Sami and it helps enhance the Will story.

 

Victor, Maggie and Brady suck a lot of life out of the show, but I'm not sure if it's mostly Brady and he brings the others down with him.

 

Also, Rafe has no chemistry with anyone. He and Sami literally repel each other their chemistry is so non-existent, but I don't like him and Hope together either. I found Hope interesting for the first time in her scenes with Ciara (other than the 80s stuff I've seen).

 

Hehe. Sami and Rafe repel each other. I'd say that's accurate. I hate Rafe with Sami and Hope. Hope is so much better away from him and solo. Rafe will forever be Bo-lite, and I'm glad that was brought up on-screen because it's true. I know the thought is you need to be in a couple but I really don't believe that to be true. I think too many characters on DAYS have suffered from being stuck in a supercouple. Not that I don't love some of my supercouples but I've often enjoyed the times Marlena, Hope, Jennifer, etc. have flown solo. Sometimes characters lose themselves in the coupling.

 

Agreed on Victor, Maggie and Brady. Thank the lawd for Kassie DePaiva but even she can't save the toxic-ness that is the Kiriakis clan. I used to LOVE Victor and Maggie. But I really don't enjoy them anymore. I much prefer Brady as he is now, he's a tiny bit darker and nastier than I'd like but after all he's been through I think it has made sense he tries to be like Victor. Their relationship is unbelievably toxic and it's sad how Maggie just blindly supports anything Victor does. When Maggie and Victor first got together I really liked it, but then they tried to make Maggie and Victor the Tom and Alice and it failed and then Maggie became unbelievably annoying when she was given egg-baby after egg-baby. She hasn't recovered as a character. I was devastated in 2004 when Maggie was bludgeoned to death by a liquor bottle but now I'd welcome it.

 

Jennifer and Chloe were damaged as characters (mostly through their relationships with Daniel ... just like Rafe with Sami and Hope) and I think they've finally started to recover. Hope remains suffering.

 

Sami to me never should have been "true love" to EJ, and she and Rafe didn't work either (that was when the show wanted her to be the lead heroine and supermom, and it failed miserably).

 

I love having Shawn and Belle back. Belle vs. Sami was really good. They actually used to be pretty close, despite the whole "I tried to sell you as a baby" thing. That was more when Kirsten Storms was in the role though.

 

And Paul. Christoper Sean is :wub:

 

I miss a bit here and there when I watch because I'm usually multi-tasking, when Will told Paul "Aunt Belle" told him about their "affair" did Paul not mention Belle was his half-sister? LOL. I mean, this soap ... nearly everyone is related! I know they can't always remember or hit on every connection but sometimes the show fails at acknowledging certain relationships.

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@KMan101 I'm usually pretty good at knowing/learning connections between characters and I know I'm still a new fan to this soap but jeez the connections are confusing. I half wish they'd introduce a whole new totally unconnected family just to make things feel a little less incestous. Literally everyone is connected somehow.

 

I was literally just about to say Eve is the only saving grace of that household. I really like her.

 

I would so be up for Hope flying solo. I love her and Bo together but if he's not going to be around there's no point in foisting Rafe onto her. Rafe has worked best in his scenes with Gabi from what I've seen.

 

I know people have issues with Chandler's acting but this Will story has been flawless IMO. I've been gripped from the start and I think this has secured me as a full-time fan. The dedication Days has to gay character is remarkable and I really respect them for that. Plus, there have been so many twists and turns in the Will story and they've done their best to make such an unbelievable story feel real. I love how his memory isn't returning, I love the crazy stuff Sami has done, the involvement of Ben, his dad, Susan Banks etc.

 

Finally, I am well and truly on the PILL train. Will and Paul have unparalleled  chemistry that Rafe and Sami could only dream of. And Paul and Sonny for that matter. And I actually liked Paul and Sonny. I think it might just be that Sean Christopher is such a good and charismatic actor that he can work with anyone he has scenes with, but I have to admit Chandler did some pretty hot lustful gazes at shirtless Paul. And the flat-out way he forwardly and bluntly asked: 'Did we have good sex?' or whatever it was. That was really hot :blush: I think Chandler is capturing the horny, confused impulsiveness quite well.

 

I wouldn't have posted that other screenshot if I'd known this was coming :D 

 

GwZq13j.png

Edited by Edward Skylover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Faulkner said:

Ha. You have such a type. None of the three really does it for me, but I'd go for far left.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

I'm partial to the one on the left too, but the one in the middle's cute too. I'm not as set in my type as a certain @Soapsuds ;) I'd happily be in their relationship :lol:

 

 

Hmmmm....I didn't know I had a type.:P  The one of the left is cute too but I prefer the one on the right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×