Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

Does MY not know what to do with Hilary?  Soaps haven't been good at writing multi-faceted characters in years and it's getting old.  Hilary could easily be one of the most interesting characters in Genoa City (and MM could play it no question) - as long as they don't writer her as being completely "good" or "bad".  

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been watching but I can't say anything's been all that compelling, aside from Marla Adams. Even though I hate how it feels like she's going to be offed by Christmas.

I'm already getting annoyed at the possibility of Sharon going bonkers because of Scott and Abby.

I will give MY a ton of props for making me actually pay attention to a Victoria scene. Ice cold bitch works so well for Amelia Heinle. I can't believe I don't mind Victoria now. I'm not at like quite yet but it's getting there. Victoria and Abby are finally interesting to me. So kudos for that.

I'm kind of interested in what he's trying to do with Ashley but we'll see. The whole casual thing with Ravi but not wanting a relationship, having her be in charge but Jack second guessing her and having Gloworm keep him in the loop.

I like that we have scenes with lots of people in them.

Nick and Chelsea and Noah and Tessa remain painfully boring no matter how much they think injecting mustache twirling cartoon villain Victor into their orbit will help. But I will say it's helped a teeny tiny bit. I also agree I don't think I'd mind Noah/Chelsea if they were both written a little better.

I like that he seems to be writing Charlie a bit more than Mattie. I don't dislike either actor. I didn't even despise the Lame scenes. It felt natural and not forced but I still think they're an awful couple and no breakup ever sticks. I think it would benefit both of them for some solo time as characters.

Hilary's writing remains a mess. The problems have been stated above. Is Jordan done? I imagine so?

Juliet, Graham, Jordan, and Zack, all swiftly kicked to the curb with Zack and Jordan and Graham becoming more interesting as they exited and Juliet being wasted (still think they offed her way too soon). Ravi and Tessa don't seem as in danger but they could also go tomorrow and nothing would change so I'm not sure how long I see them around. Not really sure what MY sees in the Scott actor. I don't dislike him but I don't think he feels like Scott to me and I don't think he fits on Y&R.

Paul does.not.work. as head of the police. He's angry and shouty and acts like he's a stranger to these people. It just doesn't work. Christine and Paul could be played by dayplayer nobodies at this point.

I don't hate the show, some things I like. I'm not sure how  I feel about the women's characterizations. I want to appreciate them in charge and standing up for themselves but I don't love some of the cattiness. I can't tell if they're meant to be "strong women" or "catty bitches".

• Members

I really tried giving Tessa and the actress a chance but there's just nothing there. Zzzz. She and Noah are beyond snoozeville. Noah needs someone with a personality. And they need to work on his. I didn't mind Tessa with Mariah (they were very slightly more interesting than Noah/Tessa for about a minute) but they aren't playing that.

• Members

Half the episode was pre-empted for the loudmouth.

Kevin. Ugh. We were so close to being rid of this infestation. Nice to see Esther for all of two seconds. (Unless she appeared more while the show was pre-empted)

I'm really really tired of GC Buzz and Hilary being wasted on this [!@#$%^&*].

Archived