Y&R December 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's obvious how MO will be written out for her leave. Honestly, I believe she's done her most inspired work during the past six weeks. 

The big bonus with MY has been turning almost all the female characters from supporting, thirsty victims into people who actually can make their own choices.

AH great as icy Victoria, but it was really not that effective supporting Cane.

The back-to-back Victor getting it from his ex's worked really well. And nice touch having Nikki/Ashley be civil.

• Members

Copied from Nov thread...

Ah I caught up now, and now I see the Jack/Dina scenes setting up the tree. Those were actually really good scenes. The entire episode dialogue was on point. A lot of nods to history without being overbearing (Lily remembering Kevin).

I like Ashley vs. Gloria. I liked Lily and Charlie.

I get where Ashley is coming from. She can't handle the grief and watching her mom slip away as she just came back, and they never really got a long. The reaching out for sex is pretty self-explanatory - and it might not "be Ashley" but grief has a way of changing us.

The Dina stuff is probably the saddest, most grounded and powerful story that Y&R has had, and all the actors involved are phenomenal. Yes, it sucks that Dina is slipping away, I love Marla Adams she is amazing, but this story is really bringing out the best in the cast, and MA is selling it. The "I will always love you" was such a strong moment. I will let the pacing of this one slide a bit, because Dina was diagnosed a year ago, and we've seen her slipping since she returned (Abbott dinner Traci noticed). 

I'm enjoying the show more than I have in awhile. 

• Members

Speaking for myself and myself only, I want women to be stronger. If they come across as being bitchy sometimes, so be it. If Ashley needed to be comforted physically to help with the pain she's going through, let her. You're absolutely right that everyone deals with grief differently. 

I think it's about finding balance. Be vulnerable, but not a snowflake. Be an ingenue at times, will fulfilling your self-worth. 

I like how we're seeing each of the Abbotts reacting differently to Dina's diagnosis and disease progression. As a viewer, it's relatable. I'm also enjoying seeing Jack truly being the patriarch of the family. His dad would be proud.

• Members

Just watched the Nov. 30 episode. It was pretty good. Still not a fan of Cane and I just rolled my eyes at his angst about poor baby Sam. Still not a fan of Lily but I enjoyed her conversation with Charlie about Hilary. I love it when there is smart and wise dialogue coming from Y&R's women. I cringe at the speculation that they are thinking of making Sharon cray cray again. The hair and wardrobe department definitely need to get together for color coordination for Camryn Grimes and her clothing color wheel.

Does anyone know if Amelia and Thad are still married? I am looking forward to seeing JT again especially if it means he will be taking Reed away from GC.

• Members

The encounter could provide an easy out for MO's leave and Abby to leave town for a bit. 

Since a lot of time has been spend on blood testing - I wonder why Lily/Mattie are a match for Sam, but not Cane/Charlie. And surprisingly, I haven't found any of the Assby scenes annoying. 

Lily, Ashley, Abby and Nikki being portrayed as strong women is a step forward. 

Is it me or is Nelsea actually a lot better? (Relatively speaking, of course) 

• Members

(Full Disclosure: I got a chance to see this episode over the weekend).

It's not about being a "match".  It's is a molecule present in Lily's and Mattie's blood that would make Sam's post-surgical healing occur faster. There is probably something present in Lily's DNA that was passed onto Mattie in higher amounts than Charlie. In twins, whether fraternal or identical, we know that DNA can vary. 

This is probably a poor analogy but this made me think of ebola victims who survived the deadly virus had certain antibodies present in their blood that formed immunity. During the deadly outbreak of 2014, doctors were feverishly trying to collect samples from survivor's blood to use for patients during the crisis.

Archived